brucelee is offline New Member

open source boards

do you guys trust the sources that they post if there is alot of feedback for them?

BDTR is offline Retired
    On a certain open source posting board, several of the sources being pushed were very well known scammers. Why would a source be plugged openely? It makes no sense, if they are in fact legit, they won't be around long at all.

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    Good sources don't have to boast about it and look for business.

Aragorn

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    If a source comes to you, there's a problem. It's like someone saying, "Here's a million dollars". There's a catch.

Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    If a source comes to you, there's a problem. It's like someone saying, "Here's a million dollars". There's a catch.
    Thanks for the replies everyone. Are there ANY legit open source boards out there? to clarify, i have not been approached nor would i trust anyon that approached me. i just happen to find a couple of sources that were known at a couple of boards from doing my homework... question is though, if any of the boards that let people comment about sources (both good and bad) are legit..

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brucelee
    Thanks for the replies everyone. Are there ANY legit open source boards out there? to clarify, i have not been approached nor would i trust anyon that approached me. i just happen to find a couple of sources that were known at a couple of boards from doing my homework... question is though, if any of the boards that let people comment about sources (both good and bad) are legit..
    I frequent one board where I there are sources posting openly, but it's not them saying obserd things. Funny thing is alot of these guys I've seen nothing but good info on and even spoke well of around AR. I wouldn't just jump in without hereing legit shit, but so far what I have delt with has been 100% legit. I guess it's somegood somebad and who and where your at!

SID

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    International sources are more likely to be legit on an open sourcing board but the truth is it is generallly only a matter of time before a bust, a poor supply line, or a scammer turns up on these boards. In my experience the best domestic sources are very low key and minimize their clientele.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickson
    International sources are more likely to be legit on an open sourcing board but the truth is it is generallly only a matter of time before a bust, a poor supply line, or a scammer turns up on these boards. In my experience the best domestic sources are very low key and minimize their clientele.
    This makes sense with regard to domestic. with international though, would they even ben able to be arrested in they were in a place like belgrade where they could just mail out packages to the US after buying gear at a pharmacy legally?

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickson

I agree here. I knoe some international sources who I can vouge for personally. So far they have been 100% legit.

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Well guy's, there are legit International sources who hang out here on AR who are also posted on open source boards.

The only thing is they respect AR's "No source posting" rules.

xxxl83

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxl83
    Well guy's, there are legit International sources who hang out here on AR who are also posted on open source boards.

The only thing is they respect AR's "No source posting" rules.

xxxl83
    Agreed.

Aragorn

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    I wouldnt use a domestic source that I found on an open source board. Or anyone, even AR members, whos screen name sugest that they sell AS.
    Last edited by nevaenuf; 09-06-2003 at 04:12 PM.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn
    Agreed.

Aragorn
    Holy crap where you been?

I agree also though...

I know quite a few international sources that open post that are good guys and have been around a long time. Very few domestics that I woudl trust on a PUBLIC open source board, but there are some on PRIVATE open source boards that I do.

is posting urls of open source boards allowed on AR? Not the actual sources but the boards...

Lift Chief is offline Member
    There was a good private open source board... but it's no longer in existence... there were good guys on there though.

Flounder is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn
    Good sources don't have to boast about it and look for business.

Aragorn
    The legend returns!

Rookiejay is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brucelee
    do you guys trust the sources that they post if there is alot of feedback for them?
    I've contacted several "sources" on the open board. Of those, who replied several are listed on the scammers' list.

Also, some of the prices are way too high, others are too good to be true. - Not a good sign. - I think all these posts are made by the same peole.

Check out other places before you make your decision.

Jay

Thread Information