steadygaining1 is offline Associate Member

600 mg test cyp 1st cycle?

Hey bros,
    At the starting line of my cycle, last minute check 28, 190 lbs 10-12% bf, would 600 mg test be too much. I plan a test only cycle, with nolva ed (10mg) to offset bloat, don't want to mess with liquidex right now. Would this work?

TheJuicer is offline Member
    Well..liquidex...why not?...You just wait till ya bloat...QV at 600mg..yeah i do it..QV is underdosed in my opp.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I would run 400mg for a first cycle. Unless the gear is tested you don't know it it is under dossed or not. I used QV Cyp my first cycle and ran with 400mg a week for 10 weeks. I do agree that QV's stuff may be under dossed but I don't know how much.

Run the Nolva at 20mg ed.... that will be plenty to offset the bloat.

TheJuicer is offline Member
    Good call MudMan...I'm just mad at QV EQ..

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    400 would be a good first cycle.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Cypionate is a pretty flippin' heavy ester. I would say 500mg per week (1 gram frontload within first 5 days) w/ 10mg Nolvadex and Clomid PCT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJuicer
    Good call MudMan...I'm just mad at QV EQ..
    I don't like their stuff much either. But sometimes you don't have a choice on what you get. I did have great results on the QV Cyp and Winny. The winny hurt like hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Cypionate is a pretty flippin' heavy ester. I would say 500mg per week (1 gram frontload within first 5 days) w/ 10mg Nolvadex and Clomid PCT.
    I like starting lower for first cycle because evertime you use that same compound you will need to up the mg's to get the same results you did the last time.

Why not just have him kick start with d-bol at 25mg ED for the first 4 weeks rather than front load 1000mg of test for the first 5?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    I like starting lower for first cycle because evertime you use that same compound you will need to up the mg's to get the same results you did the last time.
    Why is that? If he is 215 pounds by his next cycle - then yes, it would take a more ananbolic environment to get good gains... simple because of his increased LBM. 500mg per week of total androgens is pretty good for a beginner to see good gains and improvements - especially when it comes from a steroid with a heavy ester like cypionate . Minus the ester weight and the total free testosterone is much less. If he was talking about a lighter ester like propinate then I would say 100mg EOD (350mg per week). Or Enanthate by itself at 400mg per week.

Just in case you are referring to down regulation....

"One of the most common beliefs concerning anabolic /androgenic steroid (AAS) usage is that the androgen receptor (AR) downregulates as a result of such usage. This has been claimed repeatedly in many books and articles, and it is claimed constantly on bulletin boards and the like. If I’ve heard it once, I’ve heard it a thousand times. If it were just being stated as an abstruse hypothesis, with no practical implications, with no decisions being based on it, that might be of little importance.

Unfortunately, this claim is used to support all kinds of arguments and bad advice concerning practical steroid usage. Thus, the error is no small one." Androgen Receptor Regulation

steadygaining1 is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for all the replies, I plan to run BDIP test cyp. Guess I will go 500 mg/week.

BTW - the gram frontload is up to you but I would. You will have a gram in your system by the end of week 4 or so anyway... the idea of frontloading is to get the cycle started faster.

For example (a very rough example):
    Week 1: 500mg Test Cyp
    Week 2: 500mg Test Cyp, 250mg from week 1
    Week 3: 500mg Test Cyp, 250mg from week 2, 100mg from week 1
    Week 4: 500mg Test Cyp, 250mg from week 3, 100mg from week 2, 50mg from week 1

And then you begin a maintenance dose... which by this model should actually be about 900mg. So you would frontload 900mg if this rough sketch is accurate. Rule of thumb is usually twice the maintenance dose taken before the first half life (Cypionate is like 4-5 days, some pubs do say 3-4 - most say it's 4-5 days).

Its an effective way to get those heavy esters acting fast like the shorter/lighter ones, like propinate.
    Last edited by Warrior; 09-08-2003 at 02:05 AM.

Thread Information