Thread: ziplip account

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre

ziplip account

I know this doesnt belong in this forum, however this is where most ziplip account users are. Now, my question is why in the hell am I getting all these emails saying shit like "failure notice" or "returned mail"
    and shit like that.

I am not even sending any emails=\

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D3m3nt3d
    I know this doesnt belong in this forum, however this is where most ziplip account users are. Now, my question is why in the hell am I getting all these emails saying shit like "failure notice" or "returned mail"
    and shit like that.

I am not even sending any emails=\

you my friend have a virus
    you need to update you virus def's and run a scan off your comp. there is a new virus running around that is a mass mailer = meaning it will sending out an e-mail to everyone in your contact list your outbox and your inbox and your sent items box. where ever it can find an address to send. scan your machine now get off line unless it is to update yous def's

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Quote Originally Posted by ENraged
    you my friend have a virus
    you need to update you virus def's and run a scan off your comp. there is a new virus running around that is a mass mailer = meaning it will sending out an e-mail to everyone in your contact list your outbox and your inbox and your sent items box. where ever it can find an address to send. scan your machine now get off line unless it is to update yous def's
    hmm..so I just checked ziplip here at work, and I also checked it at home last night, so does that mean I gave my work computer a virus or is it just thru email?

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Just because you have your email sending out and returning failed emails...doesn't mean that you actually have this new virus going around. It is simply working through your computer. If you open one of these emails you just may get it though.

here is a link that explains it in more detail http://enap.wt.net/

Quote Originally Posted by D3m3nt3d
    hmm..so I just checked ziplip here at work, and I also checked it at home last night, so does that mean I gave my work computer a virus or is it just thru email?
    only if you have sent your work comp an e-mail from your home machine. is the work comp behind a firewall.

Quote Originally Posted by ENraged
    only if you have sent your work comp an e-mail from your home machine. is the work comp behind a firewall.
    Either way update your virus def. If you are getting hit with bounce backs then most like the virus has infected a machine that has you in the list of contacts. Meaning that sooner or later you may end up with it. it is smart enough to dup the return address to ya then i would lock down that pc with virus protection

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    I know last week at work I had an email virus some big.f thing, and I kept receiving failure notices when I hadn't sent any emails! It may not be a virus but I did have the same problem and it was cause by a virus. It doesn't mean it was anything you did, our company's mail server was ass raped by the virus. Like 2nd hand clap!

SID

Thread Information