animal013 is offline Junior Member

Workout frequency while on cycle

I just started my first cycle:
    dbol 30mg/day wk 1 - 4
    test en 500 mg/wk wk 1 - 10
    eq 40mg/wk wk 1 - 10
    winny 50mg/day wk 9 - 12

(plus l-dex, clomid, ALA, and nizoral; nolva and fincar on hand)

I've figured out that, training naturally, I make my best mass gains on a 4-day split. If I'm trying to cut, then 5-days a week works better. I'm bulking on this cycle, but would it still be OK to workout 5 days a week since I'm on? Here's what they look like:

4-day split:
    S: OFF
    M: chest
    T: back/bis
    W: OFF
    R: shoulders/tris
    F: legs

5-day split:
    M: chest
    T: back
    W: shoulders
    R: OFF
    F: arms
    S: legs

I like my 5-day split MUCH better, as it helps me hit some things that would be neglected on the 4-day split, and my arms get hit a lot harder when I have an entire workout dedicated to them. Again, I figured that, while training naturally, the 5-day split sacrifices some mass gains. But on cycle, won't it be a different story? Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks.

Kev

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Dipped a little into training frequency with or without gear in this thread: Supercompensation Explained... with visuals and everything. Personally, I think overtraining is still possible but much less likely. And a tighter split can help yield faster gains from the more anabolic environment and greater supercompensation curve from the exogenous androgen use. Keep the calories up and get good sleep.
    Last edited by Warrior; 09-09-2003 at 10:09 AM.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I think it would be interesting to figure out if detraining is possible while on exogenous hormones. Most muscle groups begin to detrain after about 72 hours of no resistance training. But unless you never use compound lifts - then that means little to nothing. Cuz... since you work your biceps on their own day, inaddition to a lot secondary envolvement on a back training day... such as when doing Heavy Barbell Rows. So on, so forth...

I guess one way is to find out how AAS effects detraining is simply to stop working out for about 2 weeks and continue to administer the androgens. And then see how you feel, what your weight is at and if there is any apparent loss in strength. Personally, I can't stop working out so I can't gunea pig this one I'm addicted

animal013 is offline Junior Member
    I don't have 2 weeks of cycle-time to be a guinea pig either. Yeah, that info on supercompensation will definitely help. I'll take that into consideration when I'm trying to optimize my workout schedule while on.

Thread Information