jtdam24 is offline New Member

polygraph testing

Hey guys, anybody have any expierience being polygraphed befrore a show and if so? Whats it like and can it be beaten?

Devildog99 is offline New Member
    sorry bro I havnt, but you should try a military forum, im sure they have great tips on how to beat those things.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jtdam24
    Hey guys, anybody have any expierience being polygraphed befrore a show and if so? Whats it like and can it be beaten?

Ive heard that a polygraph test can be beaten by asking yourself yes or no questions in your head right before answering the real questions..........for example......if you are asked ....Have you ever taken AS before.............Before you answer....... you ask yourself a definite no question for example Do elephants fly.. and the answer to that question you say out loud.............................Just what Ive heard.........dont know though if it works or not.

twosocks40 is offline Member
    A polygraph can be beaten. You just have to be a damn good liar. Stay calm above all else. Better practice.

-B

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    Do you think that someone will acually polygraph you before a show? I would tell them to kiss my ass and leave.

jarrett is offline Senior Member
    yeah they say they give out polygraphs but more than likely they wont.

if your really worried take a xanex or some form of Bp medication and that should stablize your HR and controlled breathing

jtdam24 is offline New Member
    guys thanks for the help........jarrett that sounds like a good idea w/xanex.......mass junkie your idea sounds good too

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I saw a show on this where a professor told one group of people that a polygraph could not detect a lie and told another group it could. Like 80% of the people told it couldn't detect a lie passed even though they were told to lie while the group that thought it could detect it all failed.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    polygraphs are unreliable and easily beaten. THis is why they no longer stand as credible evidence in court.

willBbig1day is offline Junior Member
    Not sure if this works but I read it somewhere, If you place a small tack in your shoe and press your toe on it during the base questions and that should set where they mark your level for truth at and continue to do that for all your answers you should pass the test. I only read this somewhere and i have never tried it but it sounds like it might work

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Its all about the breathing the thing they put around your chest is the thing that matters all the other stuff is just for show. If you keep your breathing constant throughout the test then you will pass 100% everytime. I know a guy that used to administer the tests for a police department. Try it it will work 100%

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    Well .. funny you should ask. Back in high school I was indirectly involved in a juvenilistic Pipe Bomb incident. Nonetheless, I was summoned to take a polygraph .. mainly an attempt by school officials and cops to get me to rat out my friends.

What did I do you ask?? I sure as hell didn't rat out my boys .. I lied and YES I did pass.

How you ask?? Well, I had fortunately been dating the Chief of Polices' daughter at the time, and about 4 or 5 months before the incident I was at one of her family shin-digs. Well thankfully I had heard her father talking to some men in the family about how polygraphs were shit and a waste of his departments budget. One of the gentleman asked how they had become so easy to beat and to my benefit he gave a good explanation.

The way to beat a polygraph is to prepare both emotionally and physically. The emotions come into play by lying to yourself so convincingly that whatever it is you want to believe is the truth, becomes the truth. So even though they were 'guilty', I convinced myself that my friends were innocent bystanders in the situation. But most importantly is how your emotions take over you physically. As you become nervous your breathing and heart rate increase, and when you are strapped to a polygraph you become nervous really no matter what. So you must build yourself to that point before you even sit in the chair. This gives a 'false' reading of your relaxed levels. The best way to build yourself up is to start thinking of something (right before you go in to take the polygraph) that really scares the shit out of you .. me, well I thought about what would happen if the Chief of Police and his daughter knew that the only reason I called her (his daughter) my girl is so that he didn't come down hard on my friends and I for dealing somewhat decent amounts of marijuana and opium. Well, there was one other reason .. damn that girl could fu~k!

Anyway, hope there wasn't too much rambling in there.

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    it is impossible to dectict a lie from a machine.

navydevildoc is offline Associate Member
    I work for the government (no, not DEA or any other bullshit law enforcement crap) and I have to get polygraphed pretty regularly. If you are just calm, pull some tai-chi type BS you can get by pretty well.... don't know about other agencies or companies, but for me if the test administrator thought that the results were skewed you just get re-scheduled for another one.

I have heard of people using the tack under the toe and what not... it's all old hat to the test givers, they look for that kind of thing, and you still have uncontrollable responses to questions you weren't expecting... that's where they get you.

It will go like "Do you own a house? Are you married? Do you have children? Do you own a car? Are you an agent for a foreign government?" they speak in a nice calm soothing voice, it's like the buildup in a scary movie... the person's moving real slow, the music is creeping up, then BLAM! guy with axe jumps out.

Another thing is, let's say you come clean about something, lets say you got arrested for a DUI (just picking something). When the question comes "Have you ever been arrested?" and you say yes, the guy turns off the machine, asks you about the arrest, and then will turn it back on, and say "Other than the arrest for DUI in October of 2001, have you ever been arrested?" that way they try to be thourough.

Anyway, remember that polygraphs are just tools for the cops, they can't (usually) be used against you criminally, but can be used to keep you from getting a job. That's what has been explained to me.

Thread Information