Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    perfection is offline New Member

Any Police Offricers on this board ???

Hey guys, i am going through the selection process for a local PD. i have currently just finished a cycle. Will they be testing for AS in the drug test. I appreciate any insight...

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    I was going to try out for the LAPD. However, I heard on that they ask about your past drug usage and what have you done. I am almost sure that they drug test you in the beginning. However, once you are on the force I don't believe they test you regularly.

Good luck bro...hope you get in!

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I don't think you'll get to many replys to this.

I also don't think you'll get tested for roids. Look at Ronnie Coleman
    Pretty expensive test, doubt the city would budget it.

Try doing a google search for your local PD website and see if they have the requirements there.

BE_STRONG is offline Senior Member
    Youu know how to get your post read!! Thats for damn sure!!!! Does the DEA count?

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    Isn't there a certain mr. O. that is a police officer?

edit: Pheedno beat me to it.

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    I'm an undercover internet narcotics agent assigned to bust all people using AS illegally.

he's not any longer... I assume due to the fact that everyone knew he had to of been using.

BE_STRONG is offline Senior Member
    ronnie just has great genetics and he uses MUSCLETECH products!!

Hey Mr.Fist, watch your back man......

adaptations is offline Member
    Originally posted by ironfist
    I'm an undercover internet narcotics agent assigned to bust all people using AS illegally.
    As am i....

firedup is offline Junior Member
    yeah me too, just fork over your gear and i'll let you go..hehe

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    They might do a polygraph on you to find out if you have ever used drugs before but they will not immediately urine test you for steroids .

sav22 is offline Associate Member
    He he he...police officer on this board? Get out of here

G-S Guest
    Polygraph? Not here... Drug testing, yes. But, not for gear.

You don't have anything to worry about. When you hit the force, and learn, it'll blow your mind how many of these guys you work with do the sauce.

skinnypuppy is offline Junior Member
    they will definately test you for steroids .

sav22 is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by skinnypuppy
    they will definately test you for steroids.
    I'm just wondering skinnypuppy if you have any backings for that or is it just your opinion?

Well this is coming from a guy that works for the glendale police departm. i think every depart. probably has different requirements. but the guy I talked to did get tested for a complete drug screen and steroids . and by the way he is a cop

i want to try out for the los angeles sherrif department, but that's the only thing holding me back.

tanguy is offline Associate Member
    im not a cop but i have a couple in my neighborhood. they dont test for a.s. good luck. see ya

student is offline New Member

Real quick

I worked for a law enforcement department. I quit cause it was to violent. Anyways I was on decca, test when they did their drug screening twice. The polygraph test is a joke they asked me if i did any illegal drugs. I passed with flying colors. The key is not to get nervouse. so dont worrie about it. Oh yeah the polygrapher is gonna try to be your best buddie but remember he is thier to weed out all the supposely bad guys. Have fun with the polygraph test, the blood presure cuff literaly puts your arm to sleep. After u pass then comes The pycological test which is really wierd, they ask u if u see ghost, or wake up screaming in the middle of the night. Funny stuff.

BigPete is offline Associate Member
    Some do and some don't. It's basically a coin toss if they test you or not!

i think bigpete is right some do and some don't i hope they don't in my case good luck

Originally posted by skinnypuppy
    Well this is coming from a guy that works for the glendale police departm. i think every depart. probably has different requirements. but the guy I talked to did get tested for a complete drug screen and steroids. and by the way he is a cop
    Glendale Police Department can suck my left one. The only reason that town is so rich is due to the fact that they will write you up for anything. I'm not flaming you Skinny....but that police force has caused so much f*cking trouble for me when I was a youth. Just becasue I had a shaved head. They alwasy pulled me over for no reason and questioned me for outragous stuff. Reason why i know they pulled me over for nothing is becasue they never wrote me up for anything.

I still live around that town and i never go into it. I alwasy go to other towns. Just becasue the cops are such pricks there. SOrry guys, I had to vent my aggression towrds the GPD. Just my .02.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Well I'd say, don't give them any reason to test you for AS. I know a chit load of police officers, and almost all of them are on AS or were. Well maybe it is different around here, but I know a few guys that were heavy I mean heavy AS users and they are now cops, and still use AS heavy..

Adaptations, see why I don't give you any of my sources?? LOL. I knew you were a pig. LOL.

I am right with you there Butch the fucking glendale pd has caused a whole lot of headache for me two. says about 4 arrests in a three year period they are fucking pricks with nothing else to do, anyways thought i just let you know that I am not a fan of GPD.
    lates

Nice to hear that Skinny! Never been arrested by them (most of my arrest have been with LAPD), however, they still have cause lot so f headaches. When I think of the GPD only one word comes to mind....Motherf*ckers!!!!!!!!!

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    My boy just became one of the boys in blue and he went through psychiatric testing where they determined he had either abused cocaine in the past or would in the future... They do alot of interviewing trying to get in your head to see how you respond to different lines of questions.... Not sure on the polygraph... He didn't have to take one...The only drug he every took and looked like he took they never questioned him about... I guess the testing isn't 100%

Sust/EQman is offline New Member
    hey this is a non drug related question, but does anyone know if they check credit reports when they do your background to become a cop, i just took a test and think i did real well and don't want that to affect me, i would appreciate any insight!!!

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by perfection
    Hey Mr.Fist, watch your back man......

hey bro, he called you MR...........you gonna bust him for that?........

mr. fist..................haha

peace bb79

student is offline New Member

Credit report

Originally posted by Sust/EQman
    hey this is a non drug related question, but does anyone know if they check credit reports when they do your background to become a cop, i just took a test and think i did real well and don't want that to affect me, i would appreciate any insight!!!
    Hell yeah they do a credit report. They take the credit report seriouse. When i went in for the exams and the background check the class started with like 30 applicants and ended up with like 5. Kind of funny how they eliminate so many people. I am telling you from experience that being in law enforcement for me was no fun. I constently had to deal with the scum of the earth. You think you can make a diffrence in society, but the reality is you cant. Not only that i constently had to fight with the other officers to get off thier lazy ass and help me out with diffrent situations. Oh yeah you also cant show any compasion towards anyone cause they will label you a inmate lover. have fun in the academy writing cramps like a motherfucker. I hope you guys like rewriting the penal codes.

Fast Twitch Fiber is offline New Member
    I've read that to test positive your test levels have to be at least 6 times normal levels. If that's true you could probably be on a moderate cycle and not test positive.

Sust/EQman is offline New Member
    Student thank u for the confirmation on the fact that they do check a credit report, i have a couple dings now on an outstanding loan and i was gonna pay the f'in thing off asap, i hope they don't break my balls over it!!!, thank u for the reply

Well if they are taking credit scores into consideration I am screwed. It does make sense, it does say something about your character, but i have had financial problems just like anyone else. I had the highest composite score of all 45 applicants. Which is composed with the written examination, and physical fitness test. There are 25 of us who's composite score was above 70%. I had a 91.24% which was the highest. So i assume i will be on top of the list as of now. the oral intervies is next, just waiting for the call.

Braski is offline Junior Member
    Cops do use gear...at least some that I know but they are just very careful to make sure no one can prove it. In fact I was in GNC the other day and a Very jacked Bike cop came in and was buying up all kinds of interesting supplements ALA, Vitex, Milk thistle. I initially thought that he was being careful because he was on a high protein diet.....I got within a few feet of him and he wreaked of friggin Garlic. I mean I could almost see the odor in the air. This was strange considering it was 10am? A bit early for Pizza or Perhaps He's just a Fina fan?????

proud13 is offline Junior Member
    The only test that will show a positive or negative result for steroid use /abuse is a GCMS (gas chromatography mass spectrometry) which is very costly and highly unlikely any law enforcement agency uses it besides the FBI, DEA or maybe Customs. As for the lie detector test put something like BenGay in your armpits and/or behind knees (on the back side of your legs) this will cause you to be tense the entire time and make it very hard to get a clear reading on when you may be lying.

ECFATCAT is offline Associate Member
    Hey Guys CNN reported a few weeks back when the baseball story first broke that on some departments or other starting testing .....my memory is bad ..... Im no cop but have a friend who is I couldn't even bring up the subject to him ( green And Gung Hoo) but I know they all have unions. Thats the place to check.....policys......good luck ....be safe ..............

Ecfatcat

mique is offline Junior Member
    I looked into being a cop in KC for fun, they said I had to take a polygraph. shit, Im not even trying to fake that. they didnt pay worth a crap anyway... the bengay under the armpits, the tack in the shoe trick, coughing. I think its all mental thing, just be cool and relax.

I’m scheduled to leave in January to attend OPC (Ontario Police College) for training, so does that count? By the way, not sure about the U.S., but Police forces in Ontario do not directly test for AS. The test is far more expensive to do than a standard drug test and unless there is a concern, they’ll just rely on you to be honest during the interview process.

Joeymurgs is offline New Member
    what about xanax, i took a couple of xanax last night and had to take a drug test today because they called me up and said they lost the test in the mix. im shitting but its not an illegal narcotic so i hope im ok.

talon is offline Senior Member
    LOL, now we know who to look out for on this board....I know who is watching me know....get back damnit...get back......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information