Dick Grayson is offline Junior Member

Infection or just being a p*ssy?

For the record I'm 24 yrs old and have one cycle experience under my belt that was done 8 yrs ago.

I'm doing QV Test En. 250 @ 500mg/wk for 10 weeks. Basic 1st cycle. I injected my first shot this past saturday (9/6/03) and everything went well, i guess. I loaded up 2 cc's in a 25 gauge, 3 cc capacity, 5/8" syringe (I know 1" minimum for quads but 5/8" is all I could get my hands on at the time). Injected into my left quad slowly and easily. No pain, no bleeding, only thing is that I probably pushed down on the plunger a little to fast (the wife was wondering why I was taking so long to take a shit). The next day at work my leg started to swell up around the injection site and started getting warm to the touch. By 4:30 pm I couldn't walk on it or bend it at all.

That night I started getting a fever and just felt like shit. The next day (Sunday) the pain was still there and the fever went down a little. Still limping and lots of pain. Monday the same but could bend the leg now. Today (Tuesday) leg is still very sore, low fever still, injection site now hot to the touch and red from the top of my knee to the upper half of my quad. Fever comes and goes and I have zero energy.

Debating whether or not to go see a doctor or will this just pass?

Should I split up the injections to twice a week on MON and THUR?

Should I even inject on this coming thursday or wait till I see a doc?

Any help would be appreciated.

DICK

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    a general rule of thumb is 1cc=1min for inject, but i take longer sometimes. a quick inject wouldn't cause that...it sounds like an infection. go to the doc, you will need antibiotocis. it needs to be treated before it forms an abcess.

were you sterile? swabbing the site and stopper like a madman? you need to be super clean when injecting. what assurance do you have that your gear is clean?

i would inject 2 equal shots/wk
    Last edited by halifaxsteve; 09-09-2003 at 09:41 AM.

Bench-n-Squat's is offline Associate Member
    Friday, 9/5/03 I started my second week of the same shit same dose and it was my first cycle. I got all the same results after my first shot(except the fever) in my glute. My whole leg would cramp up bad and it was almost impossible to walk unless you stretch first. The pain only lasted about 5 days and after my second shot it only lasted 2 days.
    What batch # is it??

on second thought, it could also be the BA content, but i would absoutely get it checked out, better safe than sorry

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds like you have Sust flu.....You did a cycle when you were 15??? Jesus christ...

Bench-n-Squat's is offline Associate Member
    Fuck that shit... 1min per cc is a long ass time! I dont like having it in more than 20sec per cc...

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    Break those fucking shots up man...1cc on Sunday & 1cc on Thursday!
    The injection speed I used was:
    5 seconds per hash mark....
    push in one mark 1 2 3 4 5 another mark 1 2 3 4 5 etc.

JMHO

D

taquipariu is offline Associate Member
    No flame, but did you use alcohol to clean the place?
    Infections most of the time gets the place a little hot than other parts of the body.

Well, I think that injecting slowly may help to not get sore, but I used to mix testosterone cipionate with deca in the same injection. When I injected only testosterone, it got sore, and when I mixed, I used to forget the place I have injected last time, when I would do a new shot...

the batch # is QVE 10 Expiration: 10/2005

I think I know what happened I did not swab the stopper. I swabbed the shit out of my leg but completely forgot about the stopper!!! FUCK!!

Quote Originally Posted by halifaxsteve
    on second thought, it could also be the BA content, but i would absoutely get it checked out, better safe than sorry

BA content??

benzyl alcohol

but if it's warm to the touch, could be an infection, and since you didn't swab the stopper, it's even more likely...get the antibiotics...better safe than sorry

WiLLpOwEr is offline Member
    Just because you didn't swab the stopper doesn't mean that you have an infection. So don't freak out totally. Go see a doctor. He'll tell you exactly what's going on.

Here's a site that can help you for next time:

http://www.spotinjections.com

Remember be safe!

legend is offline Associate Member
    sad to say but if it is warm at the site and the fever is still present you probably have an infection. not a did deal and it won't fuck up your cycle either. i had a golf ball in my ass once. the lump was so sore and so hard i couldn't even carry a wallet. a quick Rx and your good to go.

ShawnRay is offline New Member

well,

Quote Originally Posted by legend
    sad to say but if it is warm at the site and the fever is still present you probably have an infection. not a did deal and it won't fuck up your cycle either. i had a golf ball in my ass once. the lump was so sore and so hard i couldn't even carry a wallet. a quick Rx and your good to go.
    Its not a big deal if you get some antibiotics quickly or you will be screwed. trust me you do not want an 18g needle sucking cc after cc of puss out of your leg! Go to the Doc and get some meds and some for the furture in case it ever happens again....SR

I'm Back!!!

Went to the doctor and he said it was an infection alright. I told him what I was taking and what I think I did wrong and he didn't even get weird or anything like that. He told me that he "wasn't even going to lecture me on the dangers of AS because you've probably heard them all and already made up my mind." VERY COOL OF HIM!!!

He gave an Rx of OMNICEF 300mg. Told me to take 600 a day one pill in the morning and one in the evening. By the third pill I was already feeling great and yesterday (9/10/03) even had me an awesome workout! I'm really glad I went now.

If anyone out there is debating on whether or not to go see their doctor for whatever reason, I would highly recommend it. It's better to be safe that sorry. Plus the only thing I lost was a coulpe of days in the gym and that's better than the alternative.

PEACE!!!

DICK

excellent..glad to hear it's all cool, sounds like your doc is a good guy...tks for the update!

Thread Information