LjayH is offline New Member

POST CYCLE TRAINING - i need pro advice

Guys
    I am coming to the end of my first cycle and i need serious advice.
    So you know it was a Deca /sus250 program, although when the sus was introuduced i discontinued when i discovered my hair on the pillow most mornings... gutted to be honest as i have made pretty good gains. Program went
    weeks 1-6 deca at 200mg
    weeks 6-11 deca at 400mg
    weeks 6-8 sus250 at 150mg (discontinued)
    weeks 11-12 deca at 250mg
    I am also geared up with the clomid to start in 3 weeks, but will i need anything else?
    My big question is about post cycle training... WHAT DO I DO? I am reading about a big catabolic break down if i continue to train as intensely as i have been. Some are saying break from training completely for a couple of weeks, others are saying train just as hard, and others are saying train but dont train as hard??? You guys have been out there before me... any feed back, any ideas for some kind of post cycle regime would be hugely appreciated. My final question is do i need a substantial break before i go to a 2nd cycle?
    Thanks in advance
    LjayH

talon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LjayH
    Guys
    I am coming to the end of my first cycle and i need serious advice.
    So you know it was a Deca /sus250 program, although when the sus was introuduced i discontinued when i discovered my hair on the pillow most mornings... gutted to be honest as i have made pretty good gains. Program went
    weeks 1-6 deca at 200mg
    weeks 6-11 deca at 400mg
    weeks 6-8 sus250 at 150mg (discontinued)
    weeks 11-12 deca at 250mg
    I am also geared up with the clomid to start in 3 weeks, but will i need anything else?
    My big question is about post cycle training... WHAT DO I DO? I am reading about a big catabolic break down if i continue to train as intensely as i have been. Some are saying break from training completely for a couple of weeks, others are saying train just as hard, and others are saying train but dont train as hard??? You guys have been out there before me... any feed back, any ideas for some kind of post cycle regime would be hugely appreciated. My final question is do i need a substantial break before i go to a 2nd cycle?
    Thanks in advance
    LjayH
    Honestly this is a good question, for I have pondered it myself. What do you guys think? He is right post-cycle wk out plans are all over the place.

Rookiejay is offline Member
    check out the workout section - there's a bunch of specific routines and suggestions posted there.

but the basic idea - don't stop working out and have a good diet.
    (you can take a short break or change the routine based on your goals and needs)

Rookiejay is offline Member
    PS - with your particular cycle - make sure you work on a good PCT - deca 's alone recovery could be tricky.

toolman is offline Banned
    Keep lifting but realize your strength will decrease. The problem is that some guys think they will keep all the size if they push the same weights and thats how you get hurt. Just keep your diet clean and workout disciplined.

Deca shuts the hpta down harder than all other aas and 12 weeks is pretty long for a first cycle of Deca. Just make sure you have extra clomid on hand if you have to run it longer.

The rule of thumb for waiting on your next cycle is time on equals time off, so if you ran a 12 week cycle, do not run anything until you have been off for 12 weeks. I would go further and say do not run anything for those 12 weeks, or until you are sure your hpta has recovered, whichever is longer. Otherwise you won't get much from the second cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by toolman
    Keep lifting but realize your strength will decrease. The problem is that some guys think they will keep all the size if they push the same weights and thats how you get hurt. Just keep your diet clean and workout disciplined.

Deca shuts the hpta down harder than all other aas and 12 weeks is pretty long for a first cycle of Deca. Just make sure you have extra clomid on hand if you have to run it longer.

The rule of thumb for waiting on your next cycle is time on equals time off, so if you ran a 12 week cycle, do not run anything until you have been off for 12 weeks. I would go further and say do not run anything for those 12 weeks, or until you are sure your hpta has recovered, whichever is longer. Otherwise you won't get much from the second cycle.
    Hey tool if you do the basic PCT, how would you know if you need to take it further? I mean gettting a test of testosterone count would be the only way right? Or is there other means of knowing that you should continue the clomid?....Thanks.....

Quote Originally Posted by talon
    Hey tool if you do the basic PCT, how would you know if you need to take it further? I mean gettting a test of testosterone count would be the only way right? Or is there other means of knowing that you should continue the clomid?....Thanks.....
    You should always have bloodwork done before after and during a cycle. At the very least, before and after. A couple weeks after clomid, get your free test tested in the blood work with a few other tests recommended on here. If you also get it tested before, you will know where it should be on recovery.

Also, you will probably notice after clomid if your test is still low. You will have no sex drive, you'll be tired and you will keep getting weaker. But even if you feel 100%, you should always make sure. We spend enough times sticking ourselves on cycle, we would be fools not to stick before and after to make sure we are doing it all safely.

You should always have bloodwork done before after and during a cycle. At the very least, before and after. A couple weeks after clomid, get your free test tested in the blood work with a few other tests recommended on here. If you also get it tested before, you will know where it should be on recovery.

Also, you will probably notice after clomid if your test is still low. You will have no sex drive, you'll be tired and you will keep getting weaker. But even if you feel 100%, you should always make sure. We spend enough times sticking ourselves on cycle, we would be fools not to stick before and after to make sure we are doing it all safely.
    Awesome bro, thank you. The reason I asked this isnt from lack of knowledge its just the fact of getting tested. I would persume you would have to tell your doc. what you were doing as a reason for taking a test. Tool, have you had it done before? If you did what was you reason? Did you come out and tell him/her or just say you felt you had sterality prob. etc.?

DocHoliday is offline Senior Member
    How do you go about and get blood work tested?

Doc

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Hey, for what it's worth I asked about the same Q a few days ago at http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...threadid=63027

There's some good advice on that thread if you want to take a look.

Here's my experience: I ended up taking a few days off and hiking in the mts post cycle but lost a lot of weight in the process (like 4 lbs.) -all muscle! I've been back in the gym since and I'm surprised that almost 7 weeks after my last EQ shot I'm still waiting for my lifts to go down. (And for my sex drive to come back.) I finished the Clomid a few days ago.

I've cut down on the length and intensity of my workouts a bit, but otherwise nothing at all has changed for me yet, I'm still lifting just as much and I'm not really pushing to keep it that way, it's just happening that way.

Anyway, I'm glad I'm still pushing it since I had no idea I could keep this kind of workout routine up this long and so far it's been fine.So I'd go for it but just listen to your body -if you're exhausted get lots of rest and if you've still got it keep at it.

Quote Originally Posted by talon
    Awesome bro, thank you. The reason I asked this isnt from lack of knowledge its just the fact of getting tested. I would persume you would have to tell your doc. what you were doing as a reason for taking a test. Tool, have you had it done before? If you did what was you reason? Did you come out and tell him/her or just say you felt you had sterality prob. etc.?
    I can't tell my doc as he is a friend. Also, I do not want it on record anywhere that I am using juice.

Just look up labs in the yellow pages. Go there and give them bogus info (name and ss#, etc. Then pay cash, not insurance.

LjayH is offline New Member
    I can't tell my doc as he is a friend. Also, I do not want it on record anywhere that I am using juice.

Just look up labs in the yellow pages. Go there and give them bogus info (name and ss#, etc. Then pay cash, not insurance.
    Thanks for the imput guys. Running a test on test levels in the UK i dont think will be as bad as what it is in the states. Im getting some major concerns about having run the deca now, but it was done out of lack of knowledge (pure + simple) I've yet to experience any major problems or set backs but now its like watching a clock tick away to something i dont know. I take it 3 weeks on clomid aint gonna be enough maybe?? The big worry is the ZERO sex drive... if that happens surely there has gotta be another way to boost it back up... otherwise i am gonna end up a single sorry arse piece of turd. As for the post cycle training i guess its a case of listening to your body and adjusting as best i can
    Respect

DocHoliday is offline Senior Member

How much does it cost in cash roughly?

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by DocHoliday
    How much does it cost in cash roughly?

Doc
    Depends on what tests you run. It cost me about $100

Thread Information