steadygaining1 is offline Associate Member

gear and your family

Hey bros,
    Starting my first cycle on mon. Guess I am getting pre-shot jitters. I have been researching for about a year, lifting for five, need a little boost. Planning on a test/d-bol cycle, I have everything I need. Here is the question, how many of you guys have a family? I have no idea how i am going to react on gear, and there is no way I am going to tell my wife (she thinks I am bulking), I am just looking for a little reassurance that there are others like me. Just seems weird, tucking your kid into bed, then popping some d-bol. I know I would kick his ass if I ever found out he was considering gear, kinda like the do as I say not as I do. Also, I am just considering one cycle, to give me the boost I need, is this just a pipe dream?, anyone succesfully just run one cycle and quit? Am I alone on this, anyone else ever have the jitters. I feel a sthough I am ready done all my research, bought good gear, train, eat right, I can't wait for the posititve effects. Just didn't know if I should have done this when I was single with no kids. Sorry to rant, I feel like you guys are the best to talk to, there is no judgement here. Thanks Bros.

depdaddy is offline Member
    bro i have wife and 3 daughters..it can effect your family life if you let it..my wife gets mad if i do extended cycles but if i keep them down to 12-14 weeks shes cool with that..i have been an ass at times because im bi-polar..really shouldnt be messing with gear but i take Zoloft and it keeps me mellow...you may find that while you are on you will be very mellow anyway

toolman is offline Banned
    I was in exactly the same boat you were, earlier this year. I have a wife and children. I decided to tell my wife and I think you should as well. First, if there are any complications, someone will know what you were taking. Second, your sex drive is going to be like you are 17 again so she will know something is up. My wife was not happy about it when I told her. However, after that first cycle she saw the growth and saw that I did my research. She now has no problem with it.

As for doing one cycle, thats what I said. I only wanted one cycle to add some more bulk. However, half way through your first cycle, you already start planning your second.

Good luck with that first shot, it's a bitch of a mind game. But once you find out there really is no pain, they are all easier and you start looking forward to the next.

Good luck!

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I agree with toolman...... you should let your wife know what you're going to do. It would be a lot worse if she finds your gear or walks in on you injecting yourself.

Yeah the first time I injected myself I thought "What the F*** am I doing!" but after the first shot it got easier and easier everytime.

Good luck

willBbig1day is offline Junior Member
    just tell her man she would be alot more pissed off if she finds out on her own, also im sure you just left it out but you do have some anti e's on hand and clomid for PCT

Flynman is offline Associate Member
    Just tell her. They can sense when your hiding something.They are like hound dogs or some shit, only meaner!! I didnt tell my wife and then she snuck up on me while I had a needle in my ass. Took a few weeks but we talked about it and she was very understanding. Her concerns where more for my health than anything else.

freakishlyhuge is offline Junior Member
    If you include her in it she will probably feel a little better about it. you might even get her to do your injections for ya.

Contender is offline Junior Member
    Agreed......Be Honest with her and let her know your plans, that way its better than trying to hide it and get caught, then the trust thing is out the door........not good.......Good Luck Bro

depdaddy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Contender
    Agreed......Be Honest with her and let her know your plans, that way its better than trying to hide it and get caught, then the trust thing is out the door........not good.......Good Luck Bro
    well said

Thanks for all the replies guys, as far as telling her, I think I am going to have to pass. She still thinks creatine is going to kill me and I have been taking it for 4 years. She is very stuborn in these matters and has no idea why I want to get bigger than I am. I know she would type in "d-bol or test" on yahoo search and flip out, no matter what I said. I realize that a healthy relationship is not based on lies, I guess if she asks if I am on steroids , then maybe I will tell her. Anyone hide it from their wife??

clipper is offline Associate Member
    I have a boy and a wife. I have not told her. She sounds the same as yours. I do my injects were she will not see and hide my stuff were she never goes. i am 100% sure on both of those. I feel bad some times that she does not know, but i lift for me not for her. I wish i could tell her though. It would be better.
    And as far as my mood. I stay in a great mood the hole time in on. Exept for the lifting part.
    I may talk to my wife before my next cycle. I will see how she feels about it.
    You will not do just one cyle. I could not.

Thanks clipper, it is nice to know there are more of us out there.

paulastone is offline Member
    I say just be honest. tell her that you would preffer to tell her than do it behind her back. btw i'm in the same boat as you bro. I told her that i was gona do a cycle and wanted her to know then hide it from her. be honest. My women still does not agree with it but now I have that stress off my back

toolman is offline Banned
    Just stop being a Mary about it and tell the woman. The only secret you should keep from a wife is a mistress if you have one. Be your own man and tell her you researched it and are doing it and you did not want to hide it from her. There would be nothing worse than shooting and having the added job of listening for your wife or hiding. Imagine the fear she will have if she finds all this shit out and you didn't tell he. Then she would have the right to be pissed.

Marriage does not mean you can't be your own person. If that happens in a relationship, where you have to hide who you are or what you want, your doomed for divorce or years of misery.

Thread Information