J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member

Can any AS perminatly lower your natural test levels?

I know that anti-Es are probably the most over looked supplement in the world and hopefully are not over looked more than one time.

People tend to think that they only need Anti-E’s at the end of cycles, but with many types of AS, excess test can be converted to estrogen.

At the end of a cycle your natural test is very low.

Would being on a long cycle effect the production of your natural test permanently? Or would being on a longer cycle require longer uses of anti-Es?

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    J dogg, when you run AS there is always many risk, this being one of them, and probally one of the most crucial of all side effects. TO answer your question, most definately yes. Most BBers who have used AS for long cycles and long periods of time, almost all have to have hormone replacement theropy after they retire or come off AS. You are shutting your natural production of hormones down, everytime you run a AS cycle. Therefore, at the end of your cycle, your body has to somehow crank back up it's own natural hormone production. Anti E's, can help boost your body's own natural production, but mostly they are used to stop your body from converrting test (natural or artificial), to estrogen.
    alot of guys run Clomid or HGC. You should do a search on this topic it is well discussed here and many other places on many other boards. Staying on any cycle, short or long, (especially long), will and can have permament effects.
    Most guys including myself, coming off a cycle, run several drugs to help your body get back to it's normal production. I myself, use clomid post cycle, armidex, nolv, and sometimes Zinc.
    Last edited by Sicilian30; 09-14-2003 at 03:31 PM.

jersey juice is offline Member
    Absolutely! This is why you should have blood work done before and after your cycles. My doctor has/had me on HRT and I got sick of having to depend on it. I stopped it and started a very heavy "PCT" of nolva, clomid, HCG & proviron . I have to get my blood work done in about 3-4 weeks. I want to wait longer maybe just to make sure my body has enough time in case it decides to shut back down.

Quote Originally Posted by jersey juice
    Absolutely! This is why you should have blood work done before and after your cycles. My doctor has/had me on HRT and I got sick of having to depend on it. I stopped it and started a very heavy "PCT" of nolva, clomid, HCG & proviron. I have to get my blood work done in about 3-4 weeks. I want to wait longer maybe just to make sure my body has enough time in case it decides to shut back down.
    Would the anti-Es repair the problem though?

I know clomid boost your natural test back up, making your body produce it and Nova keeps the effects of est showing, not elminating it though.

But what happens when you come off the anti-Es?

Are your test levels back to normal?

i duno why it quoted that, sorry :P

goldenear is offline Associate Member
    Anti-E's can assist your endocrine system in correcting a hormonal imbalance, but they are not the causative remedy. Your androgen levels are regulated via negative feedback mechanisms in your endocrine system. If the feedback loop is damaged somehow, then it's doubtful that any amount of anti-e's will help.

However, depending on the resiliency of your endocrine system, it may take extreme AAS abuse to permanently damage your HPTA. Typically, even the most abusive users will respond to multiple "challenges" of anti-E's and hcg .

So if you find your test levels drop again after completing your post-cycle therapy, you will probably have to re-challenge your endocrine system with another PCT course. Obviously, during this period, bloodwork is pretty much mandatory as jersey juice pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenear
    Anti-E's can assist your endocrine system in correcting a hormonal imbalance, but they are not the causative remedy. Your androgen levels are regulated via negative feedback mechanisms in your endocrine system. If the feedback loop is damaged somehow, then it's doubtful that any amount of anti-e's will help.

However, depending on the resiliency of your endocrine system, it may take extreme AAS abuse to permanently damage your HPTA. Typically, even the most abusive users will respond to multiple "challenges" of anti-E's and hcg .

So if you find your test levels drop again after completing your post-cycle therapy, you will probably have to re-challenge your endocrine system with another PCT course. Obviously, during this period, bloodwork is pretty much mandatory as jersey juice pointed out.
    About how much does the blood work cost?

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    An average blood test probally costs a hundred dollars or so. Maybe more. If you have insurance most of the time they will help pay for it. Go see your doc tell him that you don't feel "spunky" anymore and ask him could he do a blood test to check hormone levels. I think someone mentioned there is a "self" test you can do. Not sure what it is all entailed if there is such a thing. May want to try search internet for it.

goldenear is offline Associate Member
    Sicilian30, you're most likely referring to the saliva test that you can purchase online for like $90.

Thread Information