100571 is offline Associate Member

A newbie’s first injection experience

I just thought I would share my experience for the benefit of all the other newbies on this board (there are tons of them). I often read posts of injections that went wrong, and I thought it would be a good thing to post about my experience that went just as expected. If this gives peace of mind to one person, then it was worth the time it took to type it. Happy jabbing!

Yesterday I had my first injection. 2cc (500mg) Test Enanthate by RT. I had a buddy give me the shot in the glute. He used to give his mom allergy medication shots, so I figured he would be a good administrator. The first thing out of his mouth when he saw the syringe was, “Oh my God, that thing is huge!” It was only a 23 G 1.0” pin, but I guess it was a little bigger than his mom’s darts. To make matters worse, he wanted to practice on an orange. My confidence in his ability was wavering at this point, but I knew I couldn’t do it myself. So, I loaded up the syringe and swabbed the injection site with alcohol laughing nervously the entire time. We talked the whole procedure through one more time before I handed him the needle. I dropped trough and lay on the bed. I was so nervous I couldn’t stop laughing, which is a problem when someone is going to stick a piece of metal in your ass. I finally calmed down and quit shaking from the laughing. He jabbed the dart through the skin, then pushed it in fairly slow. The only part that hurt at all was breaking the skin. So, he takes his time pushing this viscous oil through the needle. I thought that would be the worst part, but I really didn’t feel the needle once it was in. I could feel the test flowing through the muscle, but that was it. I guess it took him almost 2 minutes to get the 2cc into me, but it didn’t seem too long. He pulled the needle out and there was only a little drop of blood. He slapped a band-aid on it, and we were done. I massaged the cheek a little just to get the juice flowing. Today there is no swelling or redness. It is a little sore… like a deep bruise, but not bad at all. The second shot should be a breeze!

Ambulance is offline Member
    rock on

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Congrats....But just wait till you have to do it yourself for the first time...

kilroy is offline Junior Member
    you should inject yourself. In case you hit something inside that your friend may not be able to feel

Quote Originally Posted by kilroy
    you should inject yourself. In case you hit something inside that your friend may not be able to feel
    They don't let you inject yourself at the hospital, and things normally work out for them. He pushed in slow just in case there was a nerve I could tell him to back off. There was no way that I could have done that myself... maybe in the quad, but not the ass. He is going to do the next shot, too. After that, I am going to try one myself.

hybrid is offline Member
    Welcome to the dark side.

toolman is offline Banned
    Your using the wrong size dart for glutes. You should be using a 1.5 inch pin when shooting the glute.

tmeoe is offline Associate Member
    Congrats on your first shot. Try injecting yourself in the quads, not as hard as you think. What is it about doing it yourself you don't like?

Quote Originally Posted by toolman
    Your using the wrong size dart for glutes. You should be using a 1.5 inch pin when shooting the glute.
    All the pharmacy had was 1 inch. I have less than 10% bofy fat, so I was pretty sure that a 1 inch pin would make it to the muscle. I would have rather had a 1.5, like you suggested, though.

Quote Originally Posted by tmeoe
    Congrats on your first shot. Try injecting yourself in the quads, not as hard as you think. What is it about doing it yourself you don't like?
    I was shaking like a leaf when my buddy did it, so I'm not sure that it was in my best interest to be sticking myself. He has experience injecting, and he was willing to do it. I could inject someone else. There is just something about sticking myself that made me a little uneasy. Even when I inject myself, I'm going to have someone around the first few times. I really hate needles... but I'm getting over it!

tmeoe is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 100571
    I was shaking like a leaf when my buddy did it, so I'm not sure that it was in my best interest to be sticking myself. He has experience injecting, and he was willing to do it. I could inject someone else. There is just something about sticking myself that made me a little uneasy. Even when I inject myself, I'm going to have someone around the first few times. I really hate needles... but I'm getting over it!
    Seeing a needle go in you can make you really nervous. If you ever need to inject by yourself for whatever reason this might help you, imagine that your injecting someone else and just focus on doing the procedure correctly and it'll be over before you know it. Good luck.

Thread Information