t-rex is offline Associate Member

A western union ? and A problem that may occur

I just sent some money through western union for some gear. I sent under $1000.00 so I didnt need an ID. The lady asked me if the receiver was going to use an ID an I said no, and gave her the test question. Then she said that sending the amount that I was sending(over $500.00 but under $1000.00), and if he was not going to use an ID, and that I would have to give a detailed description of the person picking up the money. I tried not to act nervous and raise any red flags, and started to give a false description of the average man w/m, 5'9" tall , 220 lbs, and brown hair. She also said that I didn't have to be exact on the weight and height an she was pretty nonchalant about it almost as if it were routine and as if they might not even pay any attention to the description. Anyway I have never had this happen before and wonder if anybody else has had this happen to them. I am kind of nervous about it but I e-mailed the source and gave him a heads up just in case.
    Last edited by t-rex; 09-16-2003 at 06:57 PM.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Description of the guy ?? Never heard that one before. Hell, I never even use the test question. I don't think it's gonna matter when he picks up the funds.

BornToSteel is offline New Member
    I use a telephone number as ID instead

BTS

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Why would you have seen the guy before necessarily? You could have just been doing business with him over the phone. That is strange.

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    They didn't ask me squat. Then again the girl who did my wu order I went to high school with. The only thing is the guy at the other end of the money order needs to know who you are though.

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Here's a good one for you...

I tried to send funds through westerunion online using my credit card, and at the end of the transaction it comes up that I need to call customer service to finalize the transfer. When I call, the woman in customer service at Western Union literally refuses to complete the transfer because I do not know exactly who I was sending the money to. The chick sounded like my mom on the other end of the phone, and pretty much gave me a lecture about being responsible with my money!

Needless to say I went to the local Western Union branch and sent the $ with no problem the next day. Just let the receiver know the name of the person who sent it, which doesn't have to be real.

-moto

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    Thats weird.. That never happens to me..

xtremesport14 is offline Associate Member
    I never give a description nor have I been asked to. I say it's a foreign exchange student I sponsor.

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by motoxxxguy
    Here's a good one for you...

I tried to send funds through westerunion online using my credit card, and at the end of the transaction it comes up that I need to call customer service to finalize the transfer. When I call, the woman in customer service at Western Union literally refuses to complete the transfer because I do not know exactly who I was sending the money to. The chick sounded like my mom on the other end of the phone, and pretty much gave me a lecture about being responsible with my money!

Needless to say I went to the local Western Union branch and sent the $ with no problem the next day. Just let the receiver know the name of the person who sent it, which doesn't have to be real.

-moto
    Never use a CC or do it online. That leaves a traceable paper trail. Always pay cash and use an alias.

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Damn bro that wierd i have never been asked for my ID nor been asked to give a description of the receiver. Shouldnt be anything to worry about. i would use another western union next time though(just to be safe) I usually use Kroger.

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Damn bro that wierd i have never been asked for my ID nor been asked to give a description of the receiver. Shouldnt be anything to worry about. i would use another western union next time though(just to be safe) I usually use Kroger.

GrowPhaster is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toolman
    Never use a CC or do it online. That leaves a traceable paper trail. Always pay cash and use an alias.
    I agree 1000%. You can never be too safe.

my source has e-mailed me back and told me that it shouldn't be a problem, and that western union was starting to ask for a description, but that he didn't think that they would use it.

depdaddy is offline Member
    never heard of western union asking for a description...i think it is just the person working..if the person behind the counter gave me shit i just move to the next location the next time i send

Quote Originally Posted by depdaddy
    never heard of western union asking for a description...i think it is just the person working..if the person behind the counter gave me shit i just move to the next location the next time i send
    I'd just tell them to eat shit and mind their own buisness.

DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus

Strange

Thats Very Strange As Long As You Put A Test Question It Shouldnt Matter Strange Very Strange

Quote Originally Posted by DF2003
    Thats Very Strange As Long As You Put A Test Question It Shouldnt Matter Strange Very Strange

::Points and cries about his words being all Caps::

Jeff1 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    I would have told her to go to hell and just complete that damn form on the computer and gets this over with and Give me my MTCN #

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff1
    I would have told her to go to hell and just complete that damn form on the computer and gets this over with and Give me my MTCN #
    Indubidubly ol' chum. They don't need to know shit except whats needed on the paper. People that ask too many questions deserve to be put in their place.

WiLLpOwEr is offline Member
    Why not just get a blank one and mail it to him? You don't need an ID for that..

TheJuicer is offline Member
    The last time I used WU..the girl did ask me for a desciption and I told her that the test question was enough...If he knows the answer then it definatly him..

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    yeah i have had this before, mad as fuck, i think it just depends on which agent, but whoever made the good point about why would you know what he looks like was spot on, i mean how the fuck would you know!. They ask to many questions for wu lately, i have tried to go over to moneygram for a while see if its any better, there are more agents around me and they rip you off less on the exchange and charges

peace

paperboy is offline Banned
    they have been doing that lately asking people what the person 'looks like' it's ridiculous

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Ive been asked for a description as well. I gave a general description of the average person.

Yea, Billy thats what I did like I said before I really don,t think they will even use it.

Thread Information