Thread: Test Prop

JUSTTRYIN is offline New Member

Test Prop

I was planning on starting a test only cycle maybe the first of the year. This would actually be my first true cycle, i messed around with deca awhile ago and didn't know what i was doing. So i have been doing a lot of research and wanted to go natural for some time and get a good base. I have the opportunity to get a some Test prop right now but that opp. won't be here when i want to start up at the first of the year. So what i want to know is this. Would a prop only be a good actually 1st cycle. I know you retain less water with it in most cases. Also the injections need to be ed or eod. For a first cycle what kind of levels of mg should i be doing.

Stats 22 yrs old, 6'3, 190 lbs., 8 % bf

Also my source says he has used insulin pins in his delts to shoot the prop before. I have 1 1/2 21 gauge pins but the insulin pins would be hella easier. any comments on this.
    Last edited by JUSTTRYIN; 09-17-2003 at 09:27 AM.

jersey juice is offline Member
    I've used 25 gauge pins and had no problem, just have to push harder. I don't recommend prop for a first cycle and it should be at least 100mg ed or eod, but ed is better. If you want to do that many injections on your first more power to ya, but I think cyp or enanth or even sust @ 500mg is a better choice for a first time.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    ive used 25 gauge 5/8'' for quads and delts and had no problems. For test only i agree with jersery ED or EOD shots are a pain in the ass...when doing test make sure you have your anti E's and PCT lined up first.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTTRYIN
    I was planning on starting a test only cycle maybe the first of the year. This would actually be my first true cycle, i messed around with deca awhile ago and didn't know what i was doing. So i have been doing a lot of research and wanted to go natural for some time and get a good base. I have the opportunity to get a some Test prop right now but that opp. won't be here when i want to start up at the first of the year. So what i want to know is this. Would a prop only be a good actually 1st cycle. I know you retain less water with it in most cases. Also the injections need to be ed or eod. For a first cycle what kind of levels of mg should i be doing.

Stats 22 yrs old, 6'3, 190 lbs., 8 % bf

Also my source says he has used insulin pins in his delts to shoot the prop before. I have 1 1/2 21 gauge pins but the insulin pins would be hella easier. any comments on this.
    I wouldn't use a 1 1/2 21 pin if my life depended on it. Best overal pin is 1" 23g. I'd also have to agree with using some Cyp or enan. Prop for a first timer is to many injections.

If the injections of the Prop ed or eod is not a problem and does not bother me this would not be a bad first cycle huh.

jersey juice is offline Member
    If you don't mind the injections, not at all. I actually prefer prop & suspension over the longer acting esters. I feel it's easier to control your blood levels that way and you can start PCT 3 days after w/ prop & the next day after suspension. I have done prop only & prop & drol cycles and always had good results.

longhornDr is offline Member
    Because of prop's short half-life you can easily back off your dosage quickly or stop all together and have it clear your system fast if you end up having bad sides/reactions....a good thing when you don't know how you're gonna react to gear.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    Test prop 70mg ed and fina homebrew 60mg ed for 8-10 weeks would be my choice for a first cycle if the prop was all I could get I'd spend the extra $100 and add fina. All your gains will be lean muscle with very little water retention. PCT is an absolute must if you want to keep your gains. Also cut back on your training intensity the last week pr two. Prop exits you system pretty quickly and you will be in a catabolic state coming off if you don't. With no test to boost recovery and your system recovering from the shock of the cycle you could lose much of your gains even with PCT.

Prop

Quote Originally Posted by jersey juice
    If you don't mind the injections, not at all. I actually prefer prop & suspension over the longer acting esters. I feel it's easier to control your blood levels that way and you can start PCT 3 days after w/ prop & the next day after suspension. I have done prop only & prop & drol cycles and always had good results.

From the replies I'm gettin on the Prop, i was thinking maybe doing like 60-75 mg eod. Is that something that would suit me alright for the first time. I dont' really wanna do anything like the adrol or dbol . I just wanna keep it simple the first time and see how my body reacts and what happens. On one of the replies to my first post on this topic marks214 mentioned something about cutting back on the lifting intensity a few weeks towards the end of the cycle. Would you read that reply and see if you understand more of what he is saying. It was a hard reply to read he misspelled words and stuff. Check it out. And for PCT would clomid but sufficient. If so i would do 300 day 1, 100 day 2-10 and 50 mg 10-20. What do you think?
    Thanks a lot for the replies, great board and great people

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    I wouldn't use a 1 1/2 21 pin if my life depended on it. Best overal pin is 1" 23g. I'd also have to agree with using some Cyp or enan. Prop for a first timer is to many injections.
    Best overall pin in Buy's opinion.....inho, the 25G 1" pin is the best overall. Smaller needle, slower injects (causing less soreness), and less scar tissue than the 23g.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Im running prop only right now for my 1st -real- cycle. just started so Ill let you know how it goes.

Thread Information