Thread: Juice Diet

Sokrates is offline New Member

Juice Diet

I've searched and read a lot of "do this" stuff on the best diet on juice, things like 5000 cal or 20-25 cal/lb, 55% carbs/25% protein.

How are all those extra calories used? What are the carbs and protein and fat DOING? Are the carbs just for insulin to transport the protein? Maybe the carb/protein percentages should be reversed? What are the specific increased demands or capabilities when on juice?

Can anybody point me to real information/discussion instead of all the "do this" stuff.

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    AS increase the amount (protein synthisis) nutrients the body can
    uptake into the muscles. the AS attach themselves to the receptor sites, and tell the muscles to take in more amino acids.
    Plus protien assisted by AS increases your nitrogen levels, which
    puts you in an anabolic state? so eating more protein keeps your
    nitrogen levels consistant.that's why we increase our protein intake on AS to 1.5 - 2g per pound of bodyweight
    And Carbs are for energy? we don't want to dip into our amino acid pools by not eating enough carbs and good fats.Carbs also
    help with insulin ? insulin transports nutrients into the muscle cells.

Hope this helps?

If capacity for protein synthesis is increased, then why only 1.5/2 grams of protein? Are the carbs only for the insulin to transport the protein? What are all those extra carbs on a cycle being used for? Does the muscle use glucose to build more fiber? Has anybody tried 5000 calories with protein being 2x the carbs (instead of the other way around)? Or is this an idiotic idea?

muscleup is offline Associate Member
    carbs=insulin ....and insulin is the most Anabolic substance in the human body...If you don't get adequate carbs while "on" then the protein you consume will be burned as fuel, instead of repairing muscle tissue/nitrogen retention and the end result is that you just will not grow....carbs are essentail while bulking.

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    I thought that's what I said?

RUSSIANBEAR is offline Member
    Diet varies with what kinds of results you want to achieve. AS will help you with positve nitrogen balance but to much carbs will make you fat and bloated also. Everyone has to find what works for them and stick with it.

At what point/how would you determine if you were eating too many cals/carbs... IE, if you started added to your waistline does this mean too much, or is this part of the price you pay for bulking?

muscleup is offline Associate Member
    I think that when you're bulking that you should not really concern your self so much with your waiste line, as if you're doing everything correct as far as diet on a bulking cycle then that means you should be consuming 1500 cals or above your daily maintenance cal intake...So you will suffer from Edema....and that is basically a lot water retention and belly distention from all the calories that you are consuming...so the waiste line will get bigger at first.

Boston is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Sokrates
    If capacity for protein synthesis is increased, then why only 1.5/2 grams of protein?... ...Or is this an idiotic idea?
    Dude, you make it sound like it's easy to eat more the 2gr per lb of body weight per day!

Medicine Man is offline Associate Member
    this is a question i have been waiting for...
    like many said above AS help increase protein synthesis. If you dont eat enough protein, then you body must eat its own muslce to get the amino acids needed.
    Remember this, not to many carbs can get stored in our body - only are they stored in the form or liver or muslce glycogen (a polymer strand of glucose) and it isnt that much. Therefore, all the extra carbs, turn to fat eventually.
    So while bulking you are esentially getting into a phase biochemists call carb loading. What happens here is that excess carbs get stored as glycogen then when that fills up they get stored as fat. If you were to eat foods only with protein and good fats, you wouldnt gain much fat weight but you would gain a TON of muscle weight. However, most chose to gain size first then later tone down. AND THAT IS A GREAT IDEA! Especially while on a bulking cycle... why? Because the AS screw around with all of our cycles especially fatty acid transport and biosynthesis of. Therefore, you must eat more fat carbs and protein to help you body make sure there is enough nutrients for it to BUILD.
    All foods stimulate the relase of insulin in some manner. And like some said above this is a good thing because it is the MOST anabolic hormone. However, if insulin levels get too high is doesnt do ANYTHING BUT STORE FAT. That is why when you are on a bulking diet you must eat the right carbs, proteins and fats to build adequate muslce tissue... rather than fat. So, one must eat foods that have low values on the glycemic index (get the book called SUGARBUSTERS explains all this).
    There is so much more i can go into here. But bodybuilders on a bulking cylce one shouldnt be worried so much about the cals... more so, they need accurate amount of proteins and carbs to feed their fastly growing body.
    IE: 50-100 carbs, 25-50 g protien right after workout
    6-8 meals a day with 45+g protein, your choice on carbs (but no sugars and relatively low amounts pasta at each meal, too much pasta gives too high of an insulin relase ... rather eat cottage cheese, sweet potato etc...)
    right before bed 50-75g protein, NO CARBS, NO SUGAR...glutamine!
    dont eat fast food all the time, lower your intake of pizza, no alcohol... dont want calories that come from fats because then you will get fat.
    So, to conclude... when on gear (at least for a bulking cycle that is)... eat lots of protein... have branch chained amino acids at each meal (BCAAs - leucine, isoleucine, valine).... have lots of carbs right after you are done wokring out.... lots of protein and glutamine before bed with no carbs.... dont worry about the fat... but dont eat foods that have most of the calories coming FROM FAT (ie pizza, fast food, fried foods)... eat foods that are lower on the glycemic index... and dont eat too much that your insulin levels go above threshold (this is diff for each person)... because then you are only telling your body to store all your nutrients as fat.... and remember.... protein can never turn to fat unless you are carbohydrate STARVED!
    Last edited by Medicine Man; 12-27-2001 at 10:03 AM.

Whiteyebrowe is offline Associate Member

Lightbulb

nice medicine-man

cnyce89 is offline Banned
    great post MM....

So you will suffer from Edema....and that is basically a lot water retention and belly distention from all the calories that you are consuming...so the waiste line will get bigger at first.
    then let me ask it differently. How would you know/what would be the signs if you *were* consuming too many calories...adding unnecessary fat.

Medicine Man is offline Associate Member
    thats a great question... basically, if you gain any fat AT ALL you are consuming too many nutrient for your body to use as fuel, so what can be is stored and the rest is partitioned. however, it is almost impossible to figure out the exact amount a person needs to be taking in. if you are going to bulk, it is better to gain "some" fat so that you know you are getting enough nutrients so your muscles grow. However, if you gain tons of fat and NO muscle, then you arent getting the correct nutrients.
    Therefore, how do you know if you are consuming too much... rephrase... how do you know if you are getting fat and not gaining muscle? look at your self! if you are gaining no muscle and are just gaining fat, you are eating incorrectly and need to adjust your diet to the type of training and cycle you are on.
    hope this helps

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    If you are so bothered about gaining fat, you won't probably properly feed your body when it is "Turned On" via AS.

Also, there is a machine out there now, kinda of looks like a flute, only shorter, that you breathe into for like 5 minutes, and it calculates the oxygen you release to determine the amount of calories you need to maintain. Then, add onto that suffieciently to where you think need be. Finding one of these machines is going to be a bitch, maybe go ask your pharmacist about it. . .doubt he/she will know about it, but no harm in asking...Also, when you are there, see if he can hook you up with some test...Hey...like i said, no harm in asking!

10sne1 is offline New Member
    is it true u need 3.5 -4 grams of carbs per gram of protien so that you can digest the protien and delliver it to your muscles?

Originally posted by PaPaPumP
    If you are so bothered about gaining fat, you won't probably properly feed your body when it is "Turned On" via AS.
    I am not worried about gaining fat, I expect to gain fat. I don't want to gain unnecessary fat.....surely if I gain 20 lbs a week that's too much. Surely the actual numbers will vary by individual so the answer to my question is not a specific number. So my question remains....how can one tell?

....if i understand your phallic device it gives caloric needs....which would be basically the same as maintenance calories (not gain/lose weight)....whereas what I want to know is when one can safely say the excess of calories on a cycle is too excessive.

Thread Information