Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Busted!

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    This has got me worried. I hope stuff works out for you.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I'm not trying to sound like an ass but how big a bust is this really. They aren't going to go through wire taps and everything unless we are talking about big dollar here. Destroy the hard drive since it has not been asked for it is still yours and you can do what you want with it. And like everyone else said get a good lawyer and don't say anything to anyone.

dansteelman is offline Member

Unhappy

Rickson is right. Now I don't want to sound like an ass either, but here's my take on the whole situation.

1. As far as the Mac is concerned, You need to do a low level format like was previously stated. It will format any drive to nothing but one's and zero's. And whoever said there is no way to clear it off, You are wrong. This is the exact method that is used to format information of of government computers and is very safe.

2. Why were you selling in the first place?? Don't get me wrong, I know the money is good while it lasted, But tell me if it's worth is now?

3. Im guessing that other narcotics were involved. Its not too often you hear of just a steriod bust...What else were you busted for? Details are kinda hazy here.

4. Admitting you had your stuff shipped over was a terrible idea. You should have said that you bought a stock pile from joe blow and he's moved away. You NEED to do something with that fuckin hard drive because you have compromised your source.

Now, what you can do: Some states have programs for first time non-violent offenses, assuming you have never been arrested, This may be an option for you. If it is a first time offense and there are no programs in your state then you are more than likely looking at doing 1-3 years for just basic distribution. I do have some pity for you brother, I was busted years ago for dealing rec. drugs and it's no fun at all. Whatever you do, don't turn and work with the cops but dont work against them. They probably think you are a dumb jock, so use a lot of "I dont know" answers. Good luck bro...hope all works out

Peace,
    DSM

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mstearns76
    Just smash it. Don't take it to a friends house, it will just drag them into it, and make your situation worse, and complicate the relationship.
    Im with him. If you are REALLY concerned smash the shit out of your hard drive.

cfase is offline Junior Member
    Yah, if you dont have any utilities to completely format and then fill your hard drive with text etc.. then just go get a new HD and like the boyz say, smash the old 1. A new 40 gigger is only 60 bones.

C

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xman
    Does anyone know for a fact info on pnone taps. My house I am not worried about. But I do have a cell, but I have not been talking on that. However I do use my wifes. It is different number, but we get one bill that comes with my name on it. So can they just tap anything connected to my name? Also I do not believe they would have my wifes number unless they called the cell phone company and asked for all numbers connected to my name.
    Bro, assume the worst case scenerio. All phones are tapped, they are still investigating you to find out the total pic. Stay quiet and hire the best attornery you can get. And STAY QUIET. Also, was it local DTF or was it the DEA. If it was the DEA you'll be investigated very thoroughly.

toolman is offline Banned
    Yes they can and will tap your cell and your wifes. This all depends on howmuchweight you were trying to move and how much they cought you with. If it was significant, be very paranoid and do not discuss anythingon any phone except with yourlawyer as that is privelaged and they can't use that. In the future, keep yourmouth shutas well. When they question you they act like your buddy and it's no bigdeal. That same buddy will be sitting in a witness stand sending you to jail.Say nothing and get a lawyer.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Even if it was not significent be paranoid, they will try to use to get to your source.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information