Thread: Help a Newbie

jonnie5_5 is offline Junior Member

Help a Newbie

Im 20 years old and in college to become a personal trainer. Ive become very interested in bodybuilding in the last year and have hit the weights hard for the last year. Ive seen good results but I cant seem to put on any weight. Im on a cycle of prohormones right now and have gained about 5 lbs. I weigh 178, 10%BF, and 6'1". I want to get to 200 by the time June rolls around and was wondering dbol was the weigh to go. I heard this will increase strength and put bulk on. My friends can tell a difference in my body already but I really want to blow up. Help a brother out guys!

Stats:
    Bench:300
    Squat: 315
    Dead Lift:315
    Clean: 215

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    You need testosterone first of all. Read up in the Education forums and get some ideas.

Id ditch the prohormones. Realise they do shut you down just like steroids and carry the same side-effects, just not as effective as steroids though.

So an oral only cycle would not be the way to go? I was just going to take D-bol and see how it effected my body and see if any gains could be had.

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnie5_5
    So an oral only cycle would not be the way to go? I was just going to take D-bol and see how it effected my body and see if any gains could be had.

you are going to want to hang around for a bit and read up and research the crap out of stuff before putting that next foot forward

Ive been researching now for about 2-3 monthes. This message board and our school library has some nice info. about different roids and what to expect from them. I definately want to learn more but Im also tired of waiting for those gains that I just aint seeing.

TRE
    TRE is offline Anabolic Member
    Orals only or for pu$$ys. J/K can you really bench 300 IM 6"1 200 10%bf and I can only put up 275 on a really good day.

Iowa Boy is offline Associate Member
    Bro- Test needs to be the base of your cycle. Have you really been looking for 2-3 months????

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Boy
    Bro- Test needs to be the base of your cycle. Have you really been looking for 2-3 months????
    I agree test should be your base...at 20 your natural test leaves should still be high, I think u should research some more and wait until u turn 21. Ow, how's your diet look?

Yeah, I can really bench 300. Also, what form of test should I look into?
    As for my diet, I eat clean for 6 days (training days) then on Sunday I allow myself to eat whatever and I take that day off from lifting. I hit every body part twice per week. But since ive been trying to gain weight, ive been eating around 6 meals per day, trying to take in protein every two hours or so and also upping my carbs to make my protein better used (not for energy). I think I get between 3000-4000 calories per day but im not positive. Thanks for all your help guys, all your comments help.

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    178 and those stats??? bs . 178 is a toothpick and if you could pull those lifts i would stay off the juice and be a competitive powerlifeter in the lightweight division

someday is offline Member
    i know your training to be a personal trainer so you must know a lot about nutrition but bodybuilding requires a vastly different diet than pretty much any othersport......calories and protien and lots of both will make you grow you cant help it........post your everyday dietand the board can helpyou......this will get you started whileyou do some research on that cycle for the next year or so.

twosocks40 is offline Member
    Just get some test and you will be glad you did. All of us can't be wrong. Good luck.

-B

max25533 is offline Junior Member
    Run a search on test enanthate or cypionate , this will lead you on your way to a powerful cycle and dont for get to research anti-e's and Post Cycle Treatment.

The Butcher is offline Member
    If you are hitting everything 2x a week, you are probably overtraining. Get a 4 or 5 day split where you work everything once a week, or maybe do it where your 5th lifting day is the same workout as your 1st for that week. As for a cycle, go with something like just Test, or maybe Test and Deca .

Testify is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnie5_5
    Im . . . in college to become a personal trainer.
    Not flaming, but why? You don't have to go to college for that.

Im in college for Exercise Science. I figure if I go to school first and get a degree, Id have a better chance of landing a job.

As for my diet:
    7:00 AM-
    Eggs (3 scrambled)
    Bagel (Peanut Butter/Jelly)
    Large Glass of Milk
    Low-Fat Yogurt

10:00 AM
    Two Scoops Whey Protein (40 grams)
    Peanut Butter Sandwich

1:30 PM
    Power Bar

Train from 1:30-3:00 (approximately)

3:15 PM
    Two Scoops Whey Protein (40 grams)
    16 oz. Gatorade

4:30 PM
    Chicken Breast
    Baked Potatoe
    Salad (4 boiled eggs, tuna added)
    Low-Fat Yogurt

6:30 PM
    Some form of Meat (changes daily)
    Vegetable (changes daily)
    Banana
    Low-Fat Yogurt

8:30 PM
    PM Protein (40 grams)
    Fruit/Cereal

11:00
    Large Glass of Milk

This is my diet on any given day. I may substitute some of the fruit, yogurt, and cereal daily, but for the most part this is what I eat on a day. Am I eating enough? On Sunday I definately eat more fat than on this training day diet. Thanks for your help guys, this is awesome.

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    It's hard to say if your eating enough...start keeping a log of what u eat, write it down daily. I measure my food out when at home, it just helps me pin point a little closeer what my calories are. Example: u say a large glass of milk...my glasses hold 16 oz. A large amount of milk to me would be @32 oz., I drink a glass of milk everyday(16 oz.).

Test should be your base and kick start it with dbol , don't forget your anti e's and your pct.

Research this board, this has been covered many times, u should find some very sim. threads to yours w/ some very good advise.

Thread Information