Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore

Natural Gains vs. Gains after Cycles.....etc.

Well I'll try and keep this short. I've been lifting for 3 years (1 year seriously). Once in a while I'll be in the gym, look at myself and BOOM. There goes my pump, gone, adios! It's kinda sad when I've got decent strength but my apperance doesn't reflect on it. Spending $$ on whey and vitamins and shit but when it comes down to it. Doing the Natural way takes so long.

My results have come through as strength only and maybe a little bit on the actual apperance side. I have a bigger chest, traps, bi's, tri's and calves. But my strength doesn't match the looks. My delts, thighs (Quad/Ham), Upper Back look like shit.

What I'm asking is......people have been mentioning around the board that after you do a cycle, gaining without AS runs alot faster then if you never touched a cycle at all. Is this true? I got my stuff coming for my virgin cycle this november and I just keep thinking it takes so damn long and I ain't seen shit. My genetics and metabolism together both suck. I put on 5 pounds in a week (Bulking). From the looks of it (Haven't taped anything yet). It looks like it went straight to the gut.

Can anyone lend me some motivation or an answer about gaining after a cycle or two?

-Calipso

(Sorry for the length, but last night I just lost my pump so damn quick. From reving to go doing 450-500lb sets on the sled to like nothing. I keep losing self-esteem I guess. I think it's depressing because doing everything the natural way and going to your genetic limit takes so long......it just seems I'll never even come close to the body I want.)

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't think that after having done steroids that gains come any easier from a physiological standpoint. However, I do think that most guys learn alot about workingout while theyre on. Unfortunately, I would imagine most people that juice for the first time have never really put 100% into the lifestyle before. Its that little bit of extra hormonal motivation that gets em going. After that, they've seen what can come from hard training, they know that its possible to eat 22 calories per pound of bodyweight, and they don't want to lose what they have, they want more.
    Interesting story that relates in a way. I have a friend that before juicing, was very shy and couldnt talk to women at all. In order for this guy to get laid, women had to more or less give him no choice in the matter. He was good looking, had a great physique and all, but not a shred of confidence. Well, he juiced. And out came the monster. He had that test spark in his eye that I hear guys on AR mention. The stuff turned him into a manwhore, Godblessim. Anyway, after he came off, nothing changed. He still gets laid enough to make me jealous. Its not because he has 3x the hormones in his body either, its because he knows that he can, thats it.
    I think the same applies in the gym. Although women are much easier than making gains IMO.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    One huge thing to keep in mind. You've been lifting seriously for 1 year. Thats not very long at all. I've been putting everything into it for about five. Natural gains take time. Don't try to put on five pounds in a week or it WIL all go to your gut. I can put on about 10-12 pounds a year and maintain bodyfat without steroids . And that's only by doing everything near perfect. Try posting your workout and diet in sickening detail on the workout board. Ask for critiques from expierienced members. Your routine probably has room for improvement just like everybodies.

abc 1 is offline Associate Member
    it's all about diet, not just eating what you think is right, knowing how many grams of carbs you can handle without gaining fat, how much fat you need to stay hard, and how much protein you need. i am a low calorie gainer, i eat very low calorie year round. how i came to this was trial and error, but the diet has lasted for years. nutrition is year round, when it becomes that way, then you can change your physique at will.

Thread Information