donniebaseball is offline Junior Member

I bet my friend i was right, am i?

my friend who i lift with read somewhere that smokin herb during a cycle isnt bad for you, i bet him 20 buck that it is prolly the worst thing you can do, because it drains testosterone levels ..? right? thats what i guessing, anyone have an y info on this?

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    Weed + Bodybuilding + Steroids = Not a very good move.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You owe your friend twenty bucks

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Some properties of THC can be bad, some good.

Marinal (synthetic THC) is often perscribed for those with apetite troubles such as chemo patients.

On a cycle, it wont decrease any testosterone as you are injecting it exengonous.

Off cycle it could reduce your endengonous levels as some studies show THC causing increase in araomatic enzymes.

Obviously it wouldnt be good for your lungs.

It is a stimulant though.

I wouldnt encourge or endorse frequent use on cycle, but I know many that do occasionally with no problems.

Personally I dont, but I am drug tested for work anyways.

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    Fine, how about alcohol and AS? If your doing big doses of dbol for 4 weeks it's gotta put a hurting on your liver.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I would say Marijuana is probably better then alcohol for several reasons although I do occassionally drink but don't do any rec drugs anymore.

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    I wouldnt drink or smoke any weed or sniff crack or any of the above while on a cycle. keep your body as clean as you can.

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    weed is better, but if you are serious about lifting and bodybuilding...then stay away from both.

Alcohol

Dehydration
    Liver Strain

I would pick THC over it. Ill have a crown n coke or a beer occasionally, but I wouldnt go out drinking on cycle. Id really do neither though, but I guess if I had to pick it would be the thc route.

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    your body is a temple
    it should be treated as one

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    From my own experience i don't think it's bad at all, In fact i sometimes get stoned before i workout, and then after an hour or two i finally remember that i was supposed to workout.

Quote Originally Posted by ENraged
    your body is a temple
    it should be treated as one
    Steroids shouldnt be used at all then.

Nor should about 90% available food be eaten.

Nor should we breathe the air

Moderation is key.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I don't think its a big deal as far as affecting your gains, but it isn't exactly a great habit to mix with a healthy bodybuilder's lifestyle. I rule in favor of your friend.

tmeoe is offline Associate Member
    Marijuana will not drop your test levels low enough during a cycle to make a difference, but thats not to say you can get stoned all the time while on a cycle. If your on a cycle its much better than drinking, but you should try to avoid both as much as possible.

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    I am probobly wrong but Ive heard that Arnold himself smoked week while training. He liked having the munchies.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bathgate
    Some properties of THC can be bad, some good.

Marinal (synthetic THC) is often perscribed for those with apetite troubles such as chemo patients.

On a cycle, it wont decrease any testosterone as you are injecting it exengonous.

Off cycle it could reduce your endengonous levels as some studies show THC causing increase in araomatic enzymes.

Obviously it wouldnt be good for your lungs.

It is a stimulant though.

I wouldnt encourge or endorse frequent use on cycle, but I know many that do occasionally with no problems.

Personally I dont, but I am drug tested for work anyways.

The only bullet I disagree with here is it being a stimulant - I always got all goofy and then real tired and anti-social (basically the reasons why I don't smoke)... but I know some get a bit more hyper with it.

But the key thing is, like Billy_Bathgate mentioned - why are you worried about natural testosterone production when you are shut down anyway from the androgens? I assure you that the gear will decrease natural testosterone production significantly more than smoking da kine. But it don't matter since you are getting exogenous support...

somedude247 is offline Member
    AAS and Weed contradict each other....why bother even "training" ???

Quote Originally Posted by Peter North
    guys you are all wrong, by herb he meant like mahuang or ginseng. everyone knows that smoking either of those herbs results in little effect. pony up the 20 brother. PN
    what the fuck are you talking about, i think somebody is high right now.

Warrior you are right Billy you are TOTALLLY WRONG about weed being a stimulant, however it does stimulate the appetite

blazenbell is offline Associate Member
    i feel its a lot better than drinking..and there is nothing better to smoke a blunt after a workout..it makes me even more tight

Look up THC in a medical book or biochemistry book. THC IS a stimulant. Next time you smoke go get your BP tested and you will see.

According to the AMS in 2002, Marijuana was classified as a stimulant for its effects on the ANS and hypothalamus. Although it does have some sedative effects, the classification was based on the ANS.

Seriously, take your pulse or BP next time.

I too thought it wasnt a depressant till I took a substance abuse class and learned alot more about it.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    According to the AMS in 2002, Marijuana was classified as a stimulant for its effects on the ANS and hypothalamus. Although it does have some sedative effects, the classification was based on the ANS.

Seriously, take your pulse or BP next time.

I too thought it wasnt a depressant till I took a substance abuse class and learned alot more about it.
    Stop kidding yourself BB...we know it was rehab where you took that pot-101 class

lol

Look up THC in a medical book or biochemistry book. THC IS a stimulant. Next time you smoke go get your BP tested and you will see.
    according to my psychology book Maryjane is neither a Stimulant(which speeds up the central nervous system) nor a depressent(slowing down the nervous system), but rather a hallucinogenic.(seeing, hearing, and feeling what is not there.) Hmmm i don't know about that.

Testify is offline Senior Member
    Marijuana comes in many different genetic strains, each with a unique chemical composition. Basically, there are two "varieties," of which every bag you find is a genetic mixture. The Sativa variety delivers a very "up" feeling, almost like some illegal stimulants. The Indica variety makes you feel more sedated or mellow.

Now the complicating factor: There are impurities, and other natural, but undesireable chemicals present in marijuana plant. If memory serves me, they are referred to as "CBDs". I forget what this stands for, but basically these are the chemicals in the pot that give you unwanted side effects like extreme fatigue, memory impairment, motor skill impairment and the "weed hangover."

Of course in places like Holland (and in closets across the rest of the world), marijuana is selectively bred to produce strains that maximize the level of THC, while minimizing the levels of CBDs. This is some good shit. If you ever go to Amsterdam, you will find that the pot sold there induces none of the aforementioned side effects. The problem is that marijuana is illegal everywhere else, and its difficult to find a "souce" for legitimately good pot (hmmm . . . that sounds familiar ). The bag of pot that the average occasional or even frequent pot smoker buys in the U.S. is likely to have far inferior genetics. This is why most of the weed you guys have smoked gives you fatigue or a hangover, etc.

I think that if you are able to get some top notch MJ, then go for it. I don't think it will necessarily effect your cycle negatively. Otherwise, don't bother with the swag. What fun is it to get stoned and then go to sleep? There is always going to be the damage to your lungs, but that is a given.

So, that is what I learned in college. I don't smoke anymore, but I used to take the occaisional hit or two. But I am one of those compulsive people that researches everything before I do it. It took me months to decide which television to buy!

T

Executioner is offline Banned
    Right on the money, Testify. I would recommend never making a habit out of it, but for gods sake after a long day and grueling workout it can really be an incredibly beneficial thing. Stay away from the sticks and seeds though, if your gonna smoke do it right, save your money and buy a bag of good sticky nugs.

100571 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner
    Stay away from the sticks and seeds though, if your gonna smoke do it right, save your money and buy a bag of good sticky nugs.
    KB all the way, bro

ddrew is offline Associate Member
    Idon't think it's bad to do during your cycle to help stimulate your appitite. If I smoke right before I train legs or chest It adversly affects my strength and endurance, but later in the day after you've trained I don't think it's that bad, definatly better than drinking.

Thread Information