Flynman is offline Associate Member

Legal Muscle book

I saw the advertisement for the Legal Muscle book when you sign up on the site. It tells you about Getting caught with gear and about car searches and your rights. I'm going to sum it up if you get caught with gear:

1) Give police your name, address (any address) doesnt matter if the address is your real address. If you have a ton of gear at your house I would make one up.
    2) No phone # is required to fill out arrest paper work so you dont have to give one .

3) After you tell them all the personal info. the next words out of your mouth should be "I WANT A LAWYER NOW"

4) Do not...I repeat ...Do not even mumble anything to them about where you got the gear or where you are hiding your gear.

5) Then shut your mouth copletely regardless of what kind of deal they offer you. Say "When my lawyer gets here we'll talk"

6) If you are arrested in your car you do not give permission to search it PERIOD!!

hope this is somewhat helpful

Peace

powr2lift is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynman
    I saw the advertisement for the Legal Muscle book when you sign up on the site. It tells you about Getting caught with gear and about car searches and your rights. I'm going to sum it up if you get caught with gear:

1) Give police your name, address (any address) doesnt matter if the address is your real address. If you have a ton of gear at your house I would make one up.
    2) No phone # is required to fill out arrest paper work so you dont have to give one .

3) After you tell them all the personal info. the next words out of your mouth should be "I WANT A LAWYER NOW"

4) Do not...I repeat ...Do not even mumble anything to them about where you got the gear or where you are hiding your gear.

5) Then shut your mouth copletely regardless of what kind of deal they offer you. Say "When my lawyer gets here we'll talk"

6) If you are arrested in your car you do not give permission to search it PERIOD!!

hope this is somewhat helpful

Peace
    "If you are arrested in your car" the cops are gonna find the gear during the so called Tow inventory report (this is when your being carted off to jail they have a legal right to inventory your personal belongings in your car before turning possession over to the tow truck driver). Your advice on not consenting to a search was absolutely correct. If your not under arrest for any other violation then always turn down the search. "no thanks Im not feeling very well right now and I just wanna get to bed". Use your rights, alot of brave men died in alot of wars for them. I would not say "I WANT A LAWYER NOW". Id phrase it more like this : "I'd like to use my right to have a lawyer present before questioning please" Always "cooperate" but know your rights. I hope none of this has to be used by anyone but it is just the times. Peace

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Scary info but I'm glad that you posted it. I just hope that noone has to refer to it anytime in the future.
    IC

Flynman is offline Associate Member
    Yes powr2 you are absolutely right always be diplomatic. In some states even if they tow the car they are not supposed to go into locked compartments unless you provide keys or they find contriband in other parts of the car.

powr2lift is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynman
    Yes powr2 you are absolutely right always be diplomatic. In some states even if they tow the car they are not supposed to go into locked compartments unless you provide keys or they find contriband in other parts of the car.
    Good info bro, there should be mroe posts like this instead of the normal can I drink winny posts. Peace

Thread Information