Leech is offline New Member

Unhappy A newbie's first quad injection (and I think I might've screwed it up)

Anyway I put the needle in the quad, shoot it and everything's fine. I take it out and go to throw it away and I notice there's a tiny dot of blood in the part right after the needle. That's real bad isn't it?

musc2002pa is offline Associate Member
    nope, you're fine.

Dirk D. is offline Junior Member
    did you aspirate ? Pull back on the plunger once the dart is in? If you did and no blood came back into the syringe, but instead...little bubbles...no worries. If you did not aspirate, who knows? Most likley, it was just a small vessel somewhere in the path of the dart. MAKE SURE TO ASPIRATE EVERY INJECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by musc2002pa
    nope, you're fine.
    I thought if there was blood in the plunger I was supposed to pull it out and stick again because I hit a vein? I never understood that though it seems like you'd want it to hit a vein so you're body could distribute it.

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    That's not neccesarily a bad thing. Did you aspirate ? If so, and you got no blood, then you're fine. If you didn't, well, you should have. I have gotten a small amount of blood in the needle when removing it if it had passed through a vein on the way in. Your body's blood pressure will sometimes push a little blood back into the needle if this is the case and you pull the needle out slowly.

This is not a bad thing, but a reminder of the imprtance of aspirating.

-moto

Quote Originally Posted by motoxxxguy
    That's not neccesarily a bad thing. Did you aspirate ? If so, and you got no blood, then you're fine. If you didn't, well, you should have. I have gotten a small amount of blood in the needle when removing it if it had passed through a vein on the way in. Your body's blood pressure will sometimes push a little blood back into the needle if this is the case and you pull the needle out slowly.

This is not a bad thing, but a reminder of the imprtance of aspirating.

-moto
    I know this is a dumb question but I'm trying to learn here so bear with me. What is the importance of aspiration?

Taken from the "steroid injection info" link on AR's homepage...

...insert the clean new needle deep into the muscle. Once the needle is all the way into the muscle, pull back on the plunger to check if blood enters the syringe. If this happens it means that you have entered a blood vessel and that you need to withdraw and try again. Withdraw the needle from the buttocks and push the blood out of the syringe. Then replace the tip to ensure that the blood is not hidden in the tip of the needle. If there is not blood present, press the stopper in slowly (to prevent soreness) until all of the liquid has been injected.

-moto

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Aspiration, as I understand it, is to prevent shooting directly into a vein. If you do, the oil can potentially stop your heart or cause a stroke, rather than being deposited and slowly assimilated. If you pull the stopper and blood immediately starts to rush into the syringe, you've hit a vein. I've read you should pull lightly for five seconds to make sure you're okay to go.

I've also read that if you do pull blood, it's best to expell the blood (I used the sink), then change needles before reinjecting to prevent infection. Recap the old needle, unscrew it, pull in a little air, replace the needle, then expell the air and a little oil again and you're ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by motoxxxguy
    Taken from the "steroid injection info" link on AR's homepage...

...insert the clean new needle deep into the muscle. Once the needle is all the way into the muscle, pull back on the plunger to check if blood enters the syringe. If this happens it means that you have entered a blood vessel and that you need to withdraw and try again. Withdraw the needle from the buttocks and push the blood out of the syringe. Then replace the tip to ensure that the blood is not hidden in the tip of the needle. If there is not blood present, press the stopper in slowly (to prevent soreness) until all of the liquid has been injected.

-moto
    Actually I read that. I know how to do it but I was wondering why exactly it's important.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody
    Aspiration, as I understand it, is to prevent shooting directly into a vein. If you do, the oil can potentially stop your heart or cause a stroke, rather than being deposited and slowly assimilated. If you pull the stopper and blood immediately starts to rush into the syringe, you've hit a vein. I've read you should pull lightly for five seconds to make sure you're okay to go.

I've also read that if you do pull blood, it's best to expell the blood (I used the sink), then change needles before reinjecting to prevent infection. Recap the old needle, unscrew it, pull in a little air, replace the needle, then expell the air and a little oil again and you're ready to go.
    I see, that makes sense. I guess avoiding death is a pretty good reason to aspirate . Well I'm still here typing so I guess I get a pass this time. Thanks for the info

musc2002pa is offline Associate Member
    i think he saw blood AFTER he had already finished injecting, atleast thats how I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by musc2002pa
    i think he saw blood AFTER he had already finished injecting, atleast thats how I read it.
    You read it right, just elaborating a little for informational purposes.

"I have gotten a small amount of blood in the needle when removing it if it had passed through a vein on the way in. Your body's blood pressure will sometimes push a little blood back into the needle if this is the case and you pull the needle out slowly. "

-moto

Thread Information