BrownBomber is offline Member

Type of Carb on Insulin?

I understand that you should consume a fast acting carb such as dextrose/maltodextrin and protein immd. after you inject Humilin R. But what type of carbs should you consume after that and while the Humilin is still active for 4 hours? SHould I consume oats, beans, etc. some slow digesting carbs or continue to have dex/malto?

Thanks

BrownBomber is offline Member
    bump

The Butcher is offline Member
    I like to drink a dextrose shake (10g per iu of slin) about 15 minutes after my injection. Then, its a protein shake with 20 grams of carbs (from the shake). Then within 30 minutes I eat a bag of success white rice (the large bag) with a bannana chopped up in it. Then pretty soon after that, I eat 10-12 oz of lean protein, 1 cup of oats, and 6 ears of corn. This usually keeps me from getting Hypo. Oh, I usually use 14-16 iu of slin post-workout.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butcher
    I like to drink a dextrose shake (10g per iu of slin) about 15 minutes after my injection. Then, its a protein shake with 20 grams of carbs (from the shake). Then within 30 minutes I eat a bag of success white rice (the large bag) with a bannana chopped up in it. Then pretty soon after that, I eat 10-12 oz of lean protein, 1 cup of oats, and 6 ears of corn. This usually keeps me from getting Hypo. Oh, I usually use 14-16 iu of slin post-workout.
    i found that slin was most effective if i followed a similar regiment, although mine is slightly different. (i used humalog btw, so timing is different for you using humulin)

15 minutes post injection i would down 2 servings of cell tech (high in simple carbs[monosaccharides]) followed by 2 servings of pro-rated protein.

30-45 minutes after a baked potato with a banana. I would usually feel early hypo signs around the 45min-1hour mark and would get 1 serving of chicken breast or lean ground beef along with some oatmeal and broccoli or spinach.

the trick to getting the slin to work is to properly fuel your body at the critical times when hypo will start setting in. the closer i approached my threshold the better my gains were. that might seem like dangerous advice, but knowing what i actually felt like in a hypoglycemic state is what allowed me to tweak up to the critical point.
    Last edited by daem; 09-22-2003 at 09:54 PM.

Thread Information