Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    Another thing I have learned from all this is the next time I ever hear someone saying muscleheads are dicks or guys on AS are assholes, I'm going to punch them in the face. You guys have shown so much sympanthy and respect towards me. You guys are like family, and I can't thank you enough. I am honored to be part of this board. And for that reason, I will be a member for life!!!!

You are so right BLT -while I'm often impressed by some of these guys' physiques I'm even more impressed by their BIG hearts. I know that sounds corny, but it's so true.

ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    Sorry for your loss BLT! You have alot of good bros here pulling for you and willing to help out in whatever way needed. May God be with you, his family, and friends during this trying time.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    BLT-so sorry to hear of your loss.Has me seriously considering not doing AS.I have all the gear coming,might sell it off to one of my buddies.I might stay natural.I'm sorry to read such a sad post,but sure has me thinking twice.Take care of yourself and you and your friends family will be in my prayers. Da Bull

WiLLpOwEr is offline Member
    You are in my thoughts.

realityarts is offline Member
    I'm very sorry to hear the terrible news regarding your friend. I hope that all that are close to him will have the peace and strength to cope...

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Update:

Well, I went to the funeral on Saturday. It's funny, but now everyone has an opinion on how he died. Most guys are blaming Steroids . I heard that he DID NOT have heart disease in his family. Other guys told me he was on 18 units of GH a day, while others said he injected into an artery. God only knows why, but It definitely was AS related.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Sorry to hear about your friend bro! Itīs tough lossing people you love. If you wanna talk you can pm me anytime.

As for steroids causing his death we had a very promesing 23 year old powerlifting die in his sleep 1-2 years ago from enlarged heart caused by huge amounts of gh and gear. Maybe itīs something like that?

Stay strong bro!

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by palme
    Sorry to hear about your friend bro! Itīs tough lossing people you love. If you wanna talk you can pm me anytime.

As for steroids causing his death we had a very promesing 23 year old powerlifting die in his sleep 1-2 years ago from enlarged heart caused by huge amounts of gh and gear. Maybe itīs something like that?

Stay strong bro!
    Thanks bro!!! Yeah, If it's true and he was taking LARGE amounts of GH, then that definitely could of been it.

It's sucks because all weekend, all anyone ever talked about was how Steroids are the drug of the devil. Again, all it takes is for 1 person to abuse them, and we all have to suffer because of it.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Damn, just seeing this thread now. Sorry about your loss bro! Important to learn a lesson here, like you said yourself, people gotta be very careful!

racer_inboston is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terinox
    Damn, just seeing this thread now. Sorry about your loss bro! Important to learn a lesson here, like you said yourself, people gotta be very careful!

as ho wi said earlier on this post, Sorry for your loss bro...
    after reading this post i dont know, i already ordered some fina pellets and a 4g kit...dont know if i'm going throught with it anymore...
    lots to think about.
    i'm feeling axiety as i read this post..

goldenear is offline Associate Member
    BLT, I'm just now getting to this thread. Sorry for your loss, obviously. I want to post something I wrote on another board because, in hindsight, I think it really applies:

"My point is that I think it's time that people seriously evaluate their goals and expectations and realize that they're manipulating their bodies' physiologies using methods that weren't meant to be used. And by doing so, they may be potentiating the accrual of many different types of disorders or pathologies.

Take the Fen-Phen incident as an example. Mitral regurgitation is real, as are other valve disorders, and has been directly and causally linked to Fen-Phen (& Pondimin and Redux) consumption. However, thousands of users may be assymptomatic, in which case only an echocardiogram would definitively identify an abnormality.

And this is the problem with the majority of substances people are using or abusing. Just because we all read the cut-and-paste drug profiles proliferated all over the 'net identifying "side effects" and then fail to actually accrue those side effects during a cycle does not mean that other problems are not developing that will manifest themselves at some later date. What does it feel like when your creatinine clearance falls out of normal range. Well, I felt nothing. But guess what, since my 24-hour urinalysis shows an abnormally low result, I have to go have a renal ultrasound to ascertain whether or not I am experiencing decreased renal function. And you know what, my creatinine level on my renal panel came back @ 1.6... exactly what it was 2 years ago. So blood tests DO NOT tell the whole story. Granted, they do a pretty good job, but as my example demonstrates, you just can't sign off and go on autopilot after getting favorable results on your labs.

I mean what's the pct. of users on these Internet boards who actually earn their living through physiological manipulation anyway?"

I haven't yet had the renal ultrasound yet, but I am currently under the care of a cardiologist. Fortunately, this lady worked as the cardiologist for a professional sports team in my area. So she had my personality nailed in about 30 seconds, lol.

Last week, I had an echocardiogram done at her clinic which showed mild mitral regurgitation (~40-50% of the general populace has this according to her) and mild left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH) but no diastolic disfunction. I fully expected some LVH because that is usually found in all athletes (aerobic, strength, etc.).

Everything I've read about LVH suggests that AAS will contribute to the problem; however, after cessation, the hypertrophy attributed to AAS usage will dissipate leaving only the hypertrophy attributed to exercise. BUT, supraphysiological doses of GH combined with AAS and exercise tends to make LVH permanent and much worse.

I have taken GH before for a very short period of time. The first time, I OD'd on it and experienced severe hyperthyroidism. This may have actually damaged my valve. The second time, I staggered my injections throughout the day and pyramided up to the dosage that caused problems prior. Fortunately (in hindsight) I ran out and didn't buy anymore because it was cost prohibitive.

So, after reading what I have and knowing my pre-existing conditions (which may have been brought on by GH & AAS), I will NEVER use exo GH to bump myself above the high normal range. If I ever have enough money for GH, it will only be used as an anti-aging measure.

I have also completely changed my perspective on steroid use . But maybe that's for another thread... My point is that without extremely probing procedures and sometimes semi-invasive ones, you and your doctor may not know the whole story about what's happening in your body regardless of what your vitals/check-up or blood panels show.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    I have lost two best friends in the last 4 months, I know its hard bro...my condolences

LittleNate is offline Junior Member
    sorry to hear about your friend man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information