Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member

OMG, I just lost a friend to a heart attack!!!

Wholy shit, I just got a call from my buddy and a friend of ours just had a heart attack after lifting!!!! I know he was on GEAR big time. I'm now freaking out. They obviously are going to do a biopsy, but I'm praying to God it has nothing to do with Steroids . I'm wondering if I should ever do a cycle again....... I am in shock, and devasted!

I'm not blaming steroids are starting any trouble, I'm just a little upset and scared.......

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Sorry to hear that......

this is why we should be monitored by a doctor. Early detection of problems are valuable.

Again sorry for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    Sorry to hear that......

this is why we should be monitored by a doctor. Early detection of problems are valuable.

Again sorry for your loss.

Thanks bro. It just makes one think. I mean, we have guys that come on the board that talk about how there heart is racing and shit like that. Hell, Mine did the same thing in the beginning of the cycle, but I just played it off like It was in my head. I did see my Dr. and I was fine, But, who knows?????
    Last edited by buylongterm; 09-23-2003 at 11:44 AM.

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    that's horrible...sorry to hear it!

just like mudman said...it goes to stress the importance of medical monitoring.

just out of curiousity, what was were his cycles like? did he ever have his bp monitored, lipid panel checked? does he have a family history of cardiovascular disease.

before you freak out...he could have a family history of cardio disease you didn't know about...

you always feel invincible until it hits home...then you take step back and look around. i would wait for the autopsy before i begin to worry

sorry for the loss
    Last edited by halifaxsteve; 09-23-2003 at 11:47 AM.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Damn man, i'm so sorry. It's very hard to lose a friend, however you lose one. How old was he, and was there any history of heart problems in his family? Not to be to inquisitive, as i am very sorry for your loss, but also very curious as to the conditions surrounding his death. Preparing for a competition puts a lot of strain on your heart.. was this the case with him? If it's too hard, you don't have to answer any of these, but know that your friend is in my prayers.

We don't know about his medical conditions yet. I do know he was a specimen. he was only 37. I know he was on HGH the last time I talked with him. He was in perfect shape. I can find out what he was taking and what doses, but I remember he always believed in lose doses. Unreal.

You're right one never knows.... it can be scary when things aren't right and you second guess yourself thinking it's in your head.

All types of heart problems run in my family. I've been lucky not to show any signs of these problems. I do get regular check-ups before and after my cycle I also have my gf check my blood preasure every week. So I try to be safe but like you said one never knows.

I don't want to speculate. But, lets say AS had something to do with it? Would It be because he was on for longer periods of time, certain stuff he was taking???

Thanks guys for your support, I knew I would be able to count on you...Let this be a lesson to ALL NEWBIES. ALWAYS get a checkup, before, during and after your cycle!!!!

Again, AS might have NOTHING to do with this at all. Nothing. But, it at least should be a wake up call to make sure your health is in order regardless if you take AS or not.

I also lost a good friend because the Valet guy and his friends allowed him to drive home when he was WASTED. Well, he died drinking and driving....It's just not worth it. BE smart.

Bro who know what could have caused the heart attack. Sure it could have been the AS, something else (stress to name one), or combo of everything. You will not know and I don't know what goes on in an autopsy (sp) but if they check as far as AS then I bet you they will blame it on that and you will never know the truth. JMO

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    a friend of mine who i played hockey with had a heart attack last year at 25yrs old. he was always active, seemed healthy, ate well...and in the middle of a game, dropped on the ice. he had a heart condition adn didn't know it.

it is possible that your friend had a pre-existing heart condition.

being on for a long peroid of time and prolonged use could contribute, especially if his lipid panel was off, etc.

certian things like clen or ECA stack would increase the risk. i would speculate that some types of gear would be harder than others on the cardiovascular system...but that purely speculation.

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear that. I know a monster here that had a heart attack in his 20s while on AS but he lived. Dude's still juicing! This is a wake up call to get checked by a doc. Especially if you're running a cycle like I'm planning

I'm not sure about a pre condition. Hopefully we will find out soon!!!!

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Hey BLT, that's terrible -sorry to hear about that.

Is this the guy that was like on gear almost all the time? What kind of gear routine was he on, if you know?

This sort of thing always makes me concerned that peopel may actually be dying due in large part to gear but no one will ever know because no one doing the autopsy was aware of the usage. I mean, what would show up on an autopsy other than an elevated test level? I know my cycle really messed up my HDL/LDL, and I hear that's normal on a cycle. If that's normal and it's a long term fact for someone on gear for long periods, isn't some cardiovascular damage inevitable?

What really makes me sick is if this stuff were legal everyone would know the answers already.

Ambulance is offline Member
    sorry for ur loss bro

/>
    What really sucks now is everyone is saying OH I bet steroids did this to him. So, again, lets say it was that. We don't know how long he was on, what he was on, etc....

Like I told my buddy a second ago who said "I watch those 60 minute specials all the time about being dying on Steriods ". I said, OK...Now, lets look at this this way. Someone could drink responsibly and can do it for there whole life, but as soon as someone abuses Alcohol, or drugs, there will always be a problem. If you do things responsibly and correctly, You should be OK. Thats the way I look at it.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry to hear that, it's always hard when someone close to you is lost.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    BLT, just my thought here bro but it sounds like he might have had a precondition of heart problems. My next door neibors little boy (12 yrs old) was outside playing catch with his dad and dropped right there on the spot, nothing he or any of us could do. Come to find out he had a heart condition that was not detectable. You just never know when or what might happen. Sorry for your loss of a good friend.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    MIs or heart attacks are caused by a loss of blood to an area of the heart. This will result in irregular rythm and possibly death. Depends on how much cardiac muscle was effected. MIs are most often caused by blocked arteries. Also a congenital defect that was never caught can cause an MI. If you have a family history or high cholesterol it's a good idea to have a stress test. As we get into our 40s we begin to see friends who are disposed to MI begin dieing. I lost a friend last year. 42 and 5 kids. I'm soory for the loss of your friend. If As contributed it was probably due to the increased workload on his heart. Long term use can also screw up your cholesterol levels. It decreases good cholesterol while high calorie diets can add a lot of bad cholesterol.

Jugger, thanks bro. I hope your right.....

musc2002pa is offline Associate Member
    sorry for your loss man. It's understandble that you are scared, and questioning yourself about AAS at a time like this. Even the healthiest person can have a heart attack. Its not always related to athersclerotic disease. Remember some heart attacks are linked to arrythmias which arent going to be related to AAS, bad lipids, etc. However, they could be related to agents like Clen , and ECA.

Again, sorry for your loss man.

/c

longhornDr is offline Member
    Was he taking GH and AAS when this happened? That combo can cause some massive enlargement of the heart (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy), which can cause outflow obstruction which can lead to the relatively common story of the perfectly healthy athlete "dropping dead."

Just speculation though as there are way too many possibilities and not enough info.

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    sorry about your loss bro....I just lost a close friend last semester to a heart attack while he was lifting....Take care and keep your head up
    PBB

bigtraps is offline Member
    Thats not good. I found out this morning, when I went to the gym, that a local guy here in Mad Town died of a heart attack. He went home after the gym to eat.....never came to work.....his girl friend found him....I saw the guy 2 weeks ago at a UW football game. He was a big dude, looked healthy....and yes he was a AS man. Scarry scarry shit.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    sorry for your loss bro...let us know if we can help in any way.

Again, thanks to all of you for being there. I did find out last night that there was heart disease in his family. My buddy begged him to get checked out for the last 2 years, and he refused. My other buddy who has been on AS for years, also has heart disease in his family. His father died at the age of 33. But, the difference between these guys is one continually gets checked out by his Dr. while the other one ignored the problem. Both guys do/did GH low doses and both guys did low loses of AS. Moral of the story. Regardless of what you take or don't take, always get checked out by a Dr. You life is way important not to.

paulastone is offline Member
    truly sorry for your loss bro

hybrid is offline Member
    Sorry to hear about your friend BLT. You and I are both of the same age it looks like (and live in the same area oddly enough). Once you get to be 35 or better, this stuff starts to come up and when it does it scares the hell out of us because it appears so random that we wonder why it wasn't us. Or if it could be next time. Your advice to have regular checkups and to monitor yourself is very sound. You have a good take on life and all of us learn from your perspective. Peace bro.

Go Time is offline Associate Member
    Sorry for your loss Buylongterm

Whether or not roids was the cause of this tragedy, this should definitley hit home to all of us, that while we are juicing we should be on the necessary diet and supplements to support healthy cardiovascular health.

Again I am sorry for your loss.

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    buylongterm im sorry to hear that my deepest condolences. Its so important to get the old ticker and everything looked at by a Doc espeshely if your a hardcore liffter like many of us are

Another thing I have learned from all this is the next time I ever hear someone saying muscleheads are dicks or guys on AS are assholes, I'm going to punch them in the face. You guys have shown so much sympanthy and respect towards me. You guys are like family, and I can't thank you enough. I am honored to be part of this board. And for that reason, I will be a member for life!!!!

Farm boy is offline Junior Member
    sorry for your loss.

eddyp is offline Junior Member
    sorry to here about your friend man,i know its rough to lose one.
    hang in there and remember he's in God's hands-later bro

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    BLT,

This is horrible news. I hope you're dealing with it as best you can.

A guy I know died of a heart attack about 2 years ago. He was missing for about 2 weeks, before they got into his apartment. He was frikkin' STACKED. He was huge, and cut.

The heart attack was steroid related.

There is a lot of bad press (obviously) about steroids , but there is fact in some of the bad press. The press and media just exaggerate.

Taking steroids is a risk--there's no denying that.

It's just terrible when someone so young is lost because of such a thing.

BLT, my prayers are with you and your friend's family.

Swellin Guest
    Tough break man! Sorry to hear about it, but I for one am glad you brought it here. It serves as a wake up call to the rest of us. It even gathers momentum as others chime in with their own stories of friends on AAS having heart problems. His loss may save you and others here.
    Thanks for sharing that.

Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    ... the next time I ever hear someone saying muscleheads are dicks or guys on AS are assholes, I'm going to punch them in the face....
    That will certainly teach them your point...or is that their point?

I understand what you are saying, 100%. I just couldn't help but try and lighten this thread a little.

talon is offline Senior Member
    BUYLONGTERM, sorry for you loss. I just found this thread and I know losing a friend is devistating. I hope that his heart attack wasnt associated with a.a.s. Stay strong brotha and let us know how things are going.

racer_inboston is offline Junior Member
    BUYLONGTERM, sorry for your loss. My prayers will go to his family and friends. GOD bless

BASK8KACE, Swell, Talon, Racer, Thanks guys!!! The funeral is on Saturday. A friend of ours is flying us up to WI in a private jet for the funeral.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Damn - very sorry to hear that. Hope his family is well. Goes to show - cosmetically you can look like a brick wall, but in the inside you can have some complications going on... nobody is invincible...

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Damn...this thread makes you reevaluate your AS usage doesn't it? Look how many people chimed in stating that they knew about AS related heart attacks. Sorry about your loss bro!!

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member
    Sorry for you're loss bro... Since I joined anabolic review it's almost like we all have a brothership... We are all happy for each other when we're getting along good... Helpful when we're in doubt or have questions... And feel the loss of our fellow members... Keep your head up man. Peace.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information