legend is offline Associate Member

anti-depressants and AS.

is there anyone here who is taking any anti depressants and doing gear? i have an Rx for paxil, but i do not know if i want to do it in the middle of a cycle. any input is appreciated.

Testify is offline Senior Member
    Taking antidepressants, like Paxil, while on AAS should not cause any adverse reactions due to drug interaction. So, it is safe. It would be unwise, however, to stop using an antidepressant at or about the end of an AAS cycle & PCT. Your hormones will be out of whack during recovery, and post cycle depression is not uncommon. This would be magnified by cessation of an antidepressant. Happy popping!

T

Yeah man I also am on anti-depressants just keep taking them, also if you are taking test it will make you feel really happy. You do not want to stop taking them that could throw you into a depression. good luck peace

100571 is offline Associate Member
    I agree w/LWB. I am on Celexa, and it doesn't do anything bad to me. I think it is actually a good thing. It chills me out and keeps me level. I'm pretty much an ass hole when I don't take it.

If you start taking it then quit, you will feel dizzy, light headed, emotional, sort of drunk feeling.

any side effects from the anti depressants? do they make you feel worse and then better? i was taking st. johns wort and i felt like jumping off a building. they made me feel real low.that was the worst month of my life. as soon as i stopped taking them i felt better.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Personaly i think you should be "good in the head" before jumping on the roids, otherwise you will go around thinking your superman and during the PCT your mod will drop so fast you will consider suicide and worse.
    So the question is why are you down and what can you do to start feeling better besides going on the pills that imo is just a placebo, once you stop taking them the depression will come back, itīs better to deal with the problem and get it solved. Itīs hard i know! I suffer from it myself and docs have wanted to put me on pills for atleast 2 years now but i refuse to take them.

depdaddy is offline Member
    definately take the paxil...i take zolft helps me through

i have been fighting depression for about 15 years. i do not like taking any medications at all. i feel that is a weakness(yet i'll bang 10 cc's in my ass and feel like a hero... go figure) i was only thinking of the paxil because it seems to be getting worse. i stay in alot more, and i almost never answer the phone. i rather work, hit the gym and then go home alone. but then it comes and goes. somedays i feel good and others i feel down. i just want to level off. i don't care about being happy, i gave that up years ago, i just can't take the roller coaster anymore. and it is the same when i am on gear or off. the steroids only bring out a little more anger. but i have a bad temper all year long.and believe it or not, when i do get out, i am usually the life of the party. no one can understand why i am down, they think i am a happy go lucky guy and i am far from that. i worry too much, i over analyze everything, and i constantly refuse to talk to anyone when i am upset. i rather deal with it myself. i have never felt lonely, but lately thats the way i feel even if i am with ten friends. so i talked to my doctor and he said to try paxil. he gave me the Rx three months ago and i just can't seem to get it filled. i really don't want to spend another year in the house. i just bought a new harley and i take it out at night, so i don't run into anyone i know. that can not be normal.and it's not from the gear. it started long before and it has not gotten worse when i am on. i actually feel better when i am on.

Testify is offline Senior Member
    Legend - I've been there bro. I spent my whole second year of college smoking reefer and sleeping. I almost never went outside, and even less to go to classes. It became a vicious cycle that was impossible to escape without help from my parents.

One thing I learned is that drugs will not "cure" you. They will, however help you stabilize. Once you get your body into a stable state for a while, you will begin to see what the real problems in your life are. I would advise you to just swallow your pride and get the prescription filled. My doctor told me that something like 75% or more of people are taking or have taken anti-depressants. Its just not talked about openly. So you are not alone.

Life today is very stressful, and bad luck or unfortunate circumstances can really throw you. That is when your body tries to overcompensate chemically, and suddenly find yourself in a continuous cycle of chemical imbalance. Then its really hard to recover by yourself. The imbalance reinforces behavior (in my case sleep) that reinforces the psychology, etc. Its a downward spiral. The drugs can help with that. They can help to reset your natural chemical balance.

The rest of it is up to you. I don't know the cause of your depression, but being able to talk to someone about your concerns in life is really an underrated thing. It doesn't even have to be a doctor. Just someone you trust and feel you can relate to or ask questions of. Social interaction is important for people - you begin to lose your perspective on reality in the absence of a reference.

I wish you the best bro. I know its hard, but it can be done. You should take the medication your doctor prescribed, and go from there. After all, is it really worth it to pass up a chance at being at least somewhat happy again?

T

you guys are all a great help. i said it before and i'll say it over and over again... this is the best board i have ever been too. the level of knowledge and helpfulness is amazing. thanks again.

sfa2121 is offline New Member
    Without a doubt leg., get the prescription filled. The worst thing that can happen is that it doesnt change your mood for the better. The best thing that can happen is that it can alter your brain chemistry allowing you to feel better so you can deal with the problems that upset you every day.
    You are definitely not alone. I have been battling depression on and off since I was 18 (Im 32 now). I am now on Effexor which helped me level off but I still have difficult mood swings. I am going through a lousy divorce which doesnt help.
    Dont be embarrased about taking Anti-depressants. Being depressed is as much a sickness as the flu, it not your fault.
    Good Luck !

ceps is offline Junior Member
    Def get it filled. Taking a med isn't a weakness - it's a strength to recognize that there's something going on and to take measures to overcome it. Unfortunately, depression isn't as simple as figuring out what's causing it and fixing it. It's multi-factorial and has psychological, social, and biological causes simultaneously. Taking an anti-depressant addresses the biological cause and will make it easier to deal with any of the rest.

If you have intolerable side effects, try something else. There are lots of anti-depressants out there. There should be minimal, if any, interactions with any AAS (there may be some common metabolic pathways in the liver, but nothing to get alarmed about).

Terminator1 is offline Associate Member
    I just started taking Paxil at the same time i started my cycle and within a week my sex drive went to nothing. I thought it was the juice or something until I thought about it and figure out it was the Paxil. I couldnt get it up if Brittney Spears was riding it. Any one else have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by palme
    Personaly i think you should be "good in the head" before jumping on the roids, otherwise you will go around thinking your superman and during the PCT your mod will drop so fast you will consider suicide and worse.
    So the question is why are you down and what can you do to start feeling better besides going on the pills that imo is just a placebo, once you stop taking them the depression will come back, itīs better to deal with the problem and get it solved. Itīs hard i know! I suffer from it myself and docs have wanted to put me on pills for atleast 2 years now but i refuse to take them.
    If it were just a problem to fix that would be a different subject. My condition is chronic depression what happens is it is held in than out of nowhere I vent It all, The meds are the greatest things bc my condition is from a chemical balance it is not just something I can solve.......Legend are you also seeing a physcologist? Do you feel that your depression is sever or mild?? If you think that your depression is severe than maybe do not take AAS. Goodluck

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    I used to take paxil for anxiety and prolly still should but im doing ok without it. Roids make me feel like a $$$million$$$$ so im all for them for myself. Everyone else should seriously consider what they are doing to there Endocrine system before doing something. Hormones arnt the best thing to screw with especially when already suffering from a chemical imbalance.

If your Rx is for Paxil, then your depression/anxiety is probably mild. I think Paxil is a SSRI (selective seratonin reuptake inhibitor). Basically, it makes more of your natural seratonin (the happy chemical in the brain) avaliable for use or absorption by receptors. I am the same person on my anti-depresant, just not so moody. I have the same personality, but I am more cordial and even tempered. It sounds like that is what you are looking for, so go ahead and take those meds. I was apprehensive abotu taking then, too. But once you get on them and see how well they work, you will have no problem with taking them from here on out. It takes about 2 weeks to be up and running on SSRIs, so be patient.

kilo45 is offline New Member
    am on my first cycle and iam depressed . i was really close to commiting suicide the other day but the only reason i didnt is i wanted to see how big i will get . it is kind of pathetic . but i was feeling depressed even before i took this shit. that is another reason i wanted to do it cause i herd it makes you feel good. iam goign to see the doc in a week about it . do you guys think i should tell what iam on?

Quote Originally Posted by kilo45
    iam goign to see the doc in a week about it . do you guys think i should tell what iam on?
    that would be a good idea. Hope you feel better soon, bro. I've been there, and meds really will do the trick... at least they did for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator1
    I just started taking Paxil at the same time i started my cycle and within a week my sex drive went to nothing. I thought it was the juice or something until I thought about it and figure out it was the Paxil. I couldnt get it up if Brittney Spears was riding it. Any one else have this problem?
    i heard just the opposite about paxil. i spoke to a few people on some med. site and they said the paxil made them f@#* for hours. they said they had the same sex drive but the climax took forever. i finally started the paxil on sunday(three days) and i feel even hornier !! maybe it's all in my head, or maybe its the 600 mg of test per week.either way i hope it lasts. i want to say thanks again for all the encouragement. your guys really changed my mind....hopefully for the better... thanks again bro's !!

Quote Originally Posted by legend
    i heard just the opposite about paxil. i spoke to a few people on some med. site and they said the paxil made them f@#* for hours. they said they had the same sex drive but the climax took forever. i finally started the paxil on sunday(three days) and i feel even hornier !! maybe it's all in my head, or maybe its the 600 mg of test per week.either way i hope it lasts. i want to say thanks again for all the encouragement. your guys really changed my mind....hopefully for the better... thanks again bro's !!
    Anti depressants fuck with your libido it is true, you get the hard on and shit takes longer to cum but hey the woman are happy if you make them orgasim twice in the time it takes you to do it once

H-MANN is offline New Member
    Hey Man Im Full Blown Bi-polar Im On Thorazine, Lithium, And An Anti-d Trazadone. I Have To Take These And Can Still Do Fine On My Cycles The Meds Actually Help Me From Wanting To Crawl Out Of My Skin. So I Would Stay On My Meds If I Was You And Be Cool !!

Thread Information