realityarts is offline Member

Question Comparing Tamoxifen and Toremifene...Any Comments?

I've read in a journal article that Toremifene was safer than Tamoxifen . I did a search here to see if there were any threads on Toremifene, but came up dry.

Any comments?

Thanks.

NoLimits is offline Member
    All I have ever used is Tamoxifen . Safer as far as what? Do you have a web site that has this article on it? I am curious to read it.

Use the following link to find a reference...:

http://www.phoenix5.org/Basics/treat...raunstein.html

...then search the page for the word toremifene.

I'm not looking for a critique of the doctor's views, however. I'm looking for comments from members here that have researched this matter -- rather than just a comment based upon a first look into the subject.

My browser history was deleted, so I have to try to find the journal article again. I'm almost certain it was in the NEJM.

Thanks.
    Last edited by realityarts; 09-22-2003 at 11:53 AM.

Here's a journal citation regarding Tamoxifen :

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Citation

greenroom is offline New Member
    Toremifen is 10x effective as tamoxifen .But,unfortunately,same for price.But thinking is 10x effective maybe you need more lower dose of it.

Quote Originally Posted by greenroom
    Toremifen is 10x effective as tamoxifen.But,unfortunately,same for price.But thinking is 10x effective maybe you need more lower dose of it.
    I'd be interested in reading more on this... Where did you get your information?

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by realityarts
    did you review this entire article or just the abstract?

this article would make a VERY poor argument for cessation of nolva therapy...

first of all...they started some of those 6 week old rats on nolva for 1 year straight at insanely high dosages...higher dosages than most guys on this board take, and these rats are 1/50th of the size of men. it's equivalent to a 200lb man taking 4050mg of nolva/day for a year straight....WTF would do this???

women have been taking nolva for breast cancer therapy for well over a decade now...how many studies/articles have you read about it's affect on human users? what have you read about its incidence of carcinoma in female human users, at realistic doasages? i guarantee you it's not even remotely close to results seen in these rats.

i could go out and drink 100oz of alcohol per day...and achieve the same results...but a glass or 2 a day will not harm me, and nor will 10mg/day of nolva for 13wks. moderation is the key.

if you wish to present information for a discussion or argument, please provide realisitic, applicable information...not useless garbage like this
    Last edited by halifaxsteve; 09-24-2003 at 08:36 AM.

Thread Information