Thread: Abs

Veggie is offline New Member

Angry Abs

Whats up boys,
    My bfp 1s at 10% and I am totally happy with my appearance except for one thing, my frickin ABS. I have this build up around my belly button, I have a really nice four pack but I feel like a freak. I'm 6 foot 203. I play raquetball about 4hrs a week, I'm a vegetarian, I eat about 20-25 grams of fat a day, I keep tabs on my calories and carbs, I'm just not getting the results I want. Is this AS related. What can I do?

choice is offline Junior Member
    Well, if any of the AS's you have been taking cause you to retain water, BINGO! Also, on another note, I have never done a single ab exercise in my life, and I have very very defined abs, so I would lean towards your diet first and your training second when it comes to abs. Just my 2cents!

Thanks,
    How do I get the water off my abs?

choice is offline Junior Member
    Are you still cycling? Nolva, Proviron , and Arimidex all have anti-e properties. As far as diet, stay away from sodium, and drink alot of water!

built4life is offline Junior Member
    how hard do you hit your abs? because i had the EXACT same problem for a long time, untill i started really concentrating on the movement and holding at the crunch, or whatever ab workout you are doing, for at least 2 seconds while squeezing and then go down slowly. dont make the mistake of blitzing through your ab routines or any muscle for that matter. Try hanging knee raises or bicycles are a killer, or really try doing exercises on the exercise ball, those work good. but if you want those lines going down, and really start showing the abs, make sure you dont neglect the obliques. and diet right.

also just because someone never does ab exercises and they have a great midsection doesnt mean its going to work for you.

[QUOTE]Only the knowledgable survive to be strong, and the strong survive.

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    When you gear you always get that bloat its alittle below your bellybutton it looks like a Pooch.

Thanks again gentlemen,
    Questions: I am off and have been of for about 5 weeks. When I do my abs I do them once a week. I start with decline crunches 3 sets of 15 with a Black medicine ball (not sue of the weight) I hit center and both sides, I then do 3 sets of 15 hanging leg raises on a chin up bar, I finish the routine with 3 sets of what I call 21's (like with bicep training but on a decline bench with your abs) slow and steady. I will however concentrate the motion and focus more. My diet is as good as I can get out, of the 20-25 grams of fat I would say 8-12 are saturated, no sugar, but I imagine sodium is a problem, love the salt. Again thanks to all of you for your advice. I don't always post but I sure read alot. Whats wrong with salt? Water retention I would imagine

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Abs WTF are Abs I was,nt born with any!! LOL

Billy

CYCLEON Guest
    magic word fro ya - its called topical yohimbe - ill get back to it after i sleep.

italian2004 is offline New Member
    i hear proviron alone can greatly reduce water retention and harden u up, some ppl just have naturally high estrogen levels which can cause water retention and extra

Rsox1 is offline Associate Member
    if worse comes to worst lipo for spot reduction is real cheap like $1500 thats what i have seen some people do, a guy who used to work out it my gym his name is Rick Silverman is a bodybuiling plastic surgeon has done a lotta surgery for bodybuilders and according to what he has said its a lot cheaper some times than drugs

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    There's a thread on here about abs, from a while back, but the general concensus of everyone was that abs should be worked at a much higher frequency than other muscle groups. Try a couple weeks doing an ab workout everytime you are in the gym, and see how that works for you. Worked great for me.

-moto

Thread Information