talon is offline Senior Member

Cycle diet......

Hey brothas I got a question for you. Everyone says that when doing a cycle you want your diet to lean towards bulking. Is it feasible to be on a cycle, but not gain any fat, maybe even lose some? Ok, the normal bulking equation for caloric intake would be 15 x Body weight. Is there an equation or an example someone could lead me to for this question or maybe even a percentage of carbs. to proteins to fats someone could lead me to that would give me the results I inquire while on a cycle? This is a serious ques. If someone could give me info on this please do.

Secondly, if your a diet fanatic, could you provide me with some more info regarding the Glycemic Index. I know the basics (every thing based of glucose (100) etc.), but when would you want to load the highly glycemic foods and when would you want to load the low glycemic foods? I know alot has to do with maintanence of blood sugar levels, but when would you want to promote either or both for maximum fat cutting/muscle promoting results?

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Well, I've gained 17Lbs and lost close to 2%BF on the cycle I'm on now. I basically did a clean bulk
    consisting of
    8am:
    2 Eggs
    1/2 pint whites
    1 cup oatmeal
    8oz Chicken breast
    Cals-775

11am:
    2 Cups Pinto beans
    8oz Chicken breast
    Cals-660

2pm:
    1 Cup oatmeal
    1 can Tuna
    Cals-500

4:30-Preworkout
    Apple
    2 scoops Whey
    Cals-345

6:30pm
    PW Shake
    Cals-610

8pm
    1-1/2 Cups Pinto Beans
    8oz Chicken breast(Salmon & Snapper substituted 3x plus a week)
    Cals-540

Wake up snack
    1 cup Cottage cheese
    Peach/Mango Salsa
    Cals-140

Total 3,570
    Carbs-437
    Prote-330
    Fats-55

Carbs cycled in 50 down to 150g, then back up to original. Fats replace carbs on the decrease besides the first 2 days of carb depletion.(this gives me a 200 cal deficit the first day, and 400cal deficit the second day)

This was actually supposed to be purely cutting, but I started gaining like a mad man even while cardio was at an hour a day-6 days

I'm on a different diet now that is basically 2900 cals a day for 5 days, then a 3400 cal load. This is strictly for cutting for the next month, then I'll go back to something similar to the above for a bulking phase again.

On the glycemic index, I try to stay below 65 on all carbs besides post workout. Beans are my primary carb and they rate in the high 20's to 30's

heres a link to a glycemic index that has pretty much everything
    http://www.monkeymatters.com/charts/Food.htm

talon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheedno
    Well, I've gained 17Lbs and lost close to 2%BF on the cycle I'm on now. I basically did a clean bulk
    consisting of
    8am:
    2 Eggs
    1/2 pint whites
    1 cup oatmeal
    8oz Chicken breast
    Cals-775

11am:
    2 Cups Pinto beans
    8oz Chicken breast
    Cals-660

2pm:
    1 Cup oatmeal
    1 can Tuna
    Cals-500

4:30-Preworkout
    Apple
    2 scoops Whey
    Cals-345

6:30pm
    PW Shake
    Cals-610

8pm
    1-1/2 Cups Pinto Beans
    8oz Chicken breast(Salmon & Snapper substituted 3x plus a week)
    Cals-540

Wake up snack
    1 cup Cottage cheese
    Peach/Mango Salsa
    Cals-140

Total 3,570
    Carbs-437
    Prote-330
    Fats-55

Carbs cycled in 50 down to 150g, then back up to original. Fats replace carbs on the decrease besides the first 2 days of carb depletion.(this gives me a 200 cal deficit the first day, and 400cal deficit the second day)

This was actually supposed to be purely cutting, but I started gaining like a mad man even while cardio was at an hour a day-6 days

I'm on a different diet now that is basically 2900 cals a day for 5 days, then a 3400 cal load. This is strictly for cutting for the next month, then I'll go back to something similar to the above for a bulking phase again.

On the glycemic index, I try to stay below 65 on all carbs besides post workout. Beans are my primary carb and they rate in the high 20's to 30's

heres a link to a glycemic index that has pretty much everything
    http://www.monkeymatters.com/charts/Food.htm
    Pheedno, like last time when helping me on my other diet ques., Thanks Bro.......Btw, Pheedno, when you depleteing the carbs after the second day, what areas of the this diet do you increase the fat in (flax maybe)? Also, are you going to try to replace all 50g of loss carbs. w/ fat?
    Last edited by talon; 09-25-2003 at 11:08 AM.

twisteddendrite is offline New Member
    You are going to get better results out of a bulking cycle then later a cutting cycle. bulking-eat like a pig and don't worry about fat. cutting if you diet is right you may even gain alittle lean.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by talon
    Pheedno, like last time when helping me on my other diet ques., Thanks Bro.......Btw, Pheedno, when you depleteing the carbs after the second day, what areas of the this diet do you increase the fat in (flax maybe)? Also, are you going to try to replace all 50g of loss carbs. w/ fat?
    I'll use Natty PB in the morning and flax at night.
    If you can stomach flax in the AM, then go for it but I end up gagging

I replace approx the amount cals lost on carbs with fat. Carbs are 4cals per gram and fat is 9 so 50g of crbs is equal to roughly 20g of fat

Thread Information