Thread: glute injection

ryan is offline New Member

glute injection

can i use a 22 gauge, 1" to inject into my glutes? or does it have to be 1.5"?

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    I use a 23gauge and i find it good as the oil goes in easy....

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    23 guage 1 inch is what i use. 22 is ok if its what you have. if you have alot of fat built up on your glutes you may want to use a 1 1/2 inch pin, if not, 1 inch is fine.

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    22 1 inch pin is fine unless, you've got an extremely fat arse, like kev said.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    go with the 1", but try to get your hands on soem 1.5's

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by bigkev
    23 guage 1 inch is what i use. 22 is ok if its what you have. if you have alot of fat built up on your glutes you may want to use a 1 1/2 inch pin, if not, 1 inch is fine.

this is my gun of choice also....................

peace bb79

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool I don't believe I'm talking about butts . . .

I hate to disappoint some of you guys, but most people do not have tight little butts that will allow a 1" needle to be used. The glute has more fatty tissue than, say, the leg or arm; even in the case of bodybuilders, we often see guys writing about how they can lose weight on their butts, which tend to become bigger due to squats.

Remember that the technique for injecting AS is intramuscular, which means that you should be injecting deep into the muscle. Therefore, if you have an average butt, you should go with the 1-1/2" needle length (regardless of gauge) to get well into the muscle. That's why the general rule of thumb for all intramuscular shots (not just AS) is: 1-1/2" for the glutes, 1" for the delts and quads.

Point of trivia: Delatestryl, the only test enanthate legally made in the U.S., is manufactured in both multi-dose vials and single-dose injections. The single-dose form is made with a 20 g. 1-1/2" needle. In fact, if you go to a physician's office for any injection, the standard needle length they will use is 1-1/2" for the glutes and 1" for the delts (physicians' offices generally do not do quad shots).

The only time a shorter needle will be used is if a person is sufficiently small enough to justify it. For example, when I had my flu shot this year, I went to the doctor with my dad and his girlfriend, both of whom are seniors. The nurse used a 5/8" needle to hit their delts, but switched the uni-dose needle to 1" for me. (For which I complimented her - most nurses would not have bothered, and I actually took a 1" pin with me in case they did not have them. I didn't even have to mention it to her.)

As for gauge, go with whatever you are comfortable. There is a diversity of opinion on gauge, and the only difference is the speed with which you can inject - the higher the gauge, the smaller the needle, the longer it will take to push the solution. FWIW, when I do oil-based AS in the glutes, I use a 22 g. When I do it i the delt, I use 23 g. And when I do it in the quad, I use 25 g. (But I always fill the syringe with a 20 g., then switch to a fresh pin for the injection.) And when I do something that's water based, I use 25 g. regardless of the injection site.

But as far as length, the bottom line is simple: If you want to shoot the glute, you may get into the muscle with a 1" needle, but you will get into it with a 1-1/2" needle. If you don't want to risk wasting the shot, I'd go for the tried and true: 1-1/2".

jersey juice is offline Member
    I gave up on glute shots, they hurt me worse than delts & tris (who knew) I use a 25 5/8 for site injects, I was wondering about using 1" for them, but I'm comfortable with the 5/8...and they're sooo cute! LOL!!

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Glute shots are a pain in the a$$

but when I do them I always use 22g 1.5"

I used 22g 1.25" before because that's all I had.

But there is alot more fat than we think in the glute area, so better to be safe than sorry!

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member

TNT

TNT, excellent info once again. Thanks for clarifying that question. I've been using 1.5 inch 21gauge needles twice a week for the last 10 weeks. Sometimes it's a little sore but you got to get it way into the muscle. TNT, I can't believe you don't know who that is tattood on my chest. I figure maybe you just haven't seen it yet. Remember, its a free bottle of Test(JK) for whoever gets it right first. Peace and happiness.

Thread Information