nitehog33 is offline New Member

Unhappy Should I Take Steriods? Please Help

I Am Considering Taking Steriods . Are The Side Effects For Real? I Am A Healthy Person Who Just Wants To Add About 10 Lbs Of Mass (more Muscle Than Fat). I Have Lifted Weight For The First Time In My Life And Have Just Finished 6 Months Of Weight Training. I've Add 22lbs In The Last 6 Month ( 161lbs To 183 Lbs). Not All Muscle Ofcourse But I Still Fit In My Jeans. I Want To Know If I Should Take Steriods Or Not? Are The Side Effects Worth The 10 Lbs Of Mass? Please Help

BDTR is offline Retired
    Wait a few years, keep eating and training hard then ask this question again when you can't seem to grow anymore naturally. How old are you by the way?

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    22lbs in 6 months is very impressive. Keep on doing what you are doing for a while. In the mean time stick around the boards and learn everything you can about AS and then you will be able to decide for yourself when the right time is.

Unhappy

I Am 27 Years Old. Thanks For The Replies. So I Should Wait?

BDTR is offline Retired
    Yes, I'd hold off if i were you.

Unhappy

That Is Why I Am Asking. I Havent Added Any More Weight In The Last Three Weeks. What Can I Do Inorder To Gain More Before I Start Cutting Down My Fat. I Want To Endup At Around 175lbs To 180lbs When Im Done. What Should My Weight Be Before I Start Getting Lean? Im 5'10 Ft Tall By The Way.

DBfitness is offline Junior Member
    22 ibs in 6 months naturally? What the hell are you eating man? I think I gained about 5 Ibs of just muscle in the last year (naturally). Somethings not adding up damnit

The Numbers Are Correct. I Was 161 Lbs And Now Weigh 183 Lbs.
    I Got A Little Fatter But Enough For Me And My Wife To Live With. I Ate Alot Of Protein At 6 Meals A Day.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Eat even more now. The more you weigh the more you will need. If your end goal is around the 180 range lean, Id get jsut past 200 first.

I woudlnt start yet. You still got a good amount to gain.

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nitehog33
    I Am Considering Taking Steriods. Are The Side Effects For Real? I Am A Healthy Person Who Just Wants To Add About 10 Lbs Of Mass (more Muscle Than Fat). I Have Lifted Weight For The First Time In My Life And Have Just Finished 6 Months Of Weight Training. I've Add 22lbs In The Last 6 Month ( 161lbs To 183 Lbs). Not All Muscle Ofcourse But I Still Fit In My Jeans. I Want To Know If I Should Take Steriods Or Not? Are The Side Effects Worth The 10 Lbs Of Mass? Please Help
    1. About juice.....listen to bdtr he knows what he's talking about.

2. Side effects real.....yes there real, but there are ways to limit them, the sides are different for different people...some have a lot of sides others hardly have any...depends on how your body reacts.

3. 22 lbs. in 6 months...damn bro that's good, I would say with results like that don't change it if it ain't broke.

roidmanraging is offline Junior Member
    If there is a shadow of a doubt about whether or not you want to us AAS then it definitely isn't time for you to use. Always temper action with wisdom, not he other way around. Hold off for a while. If you hit an absolute plateau then consider your options again.

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    22 lbs in a year? i smell cell tech. go nat until you completely hit a wall=my 2 cents

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    How Do You Manage To Start Each Word With Caps?
    That's kinda annoying both to do and to read, no flame intended.

My .02 is like the above -definitely don't be in a hurry. As long as you're making gains naturally, you def don't need gear.

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Yes, I'd hold off if i were you.
    In reality, this is the one answer you really needed. It came from a guy that has done a 2 gram cycle. If he says no...its pretty well no.

Tank21 is offline Associate Member
    Yeah, hold off till you really hit a plateau. 22lbs is great gain. Tweak that diet and training more. Definetly continue to research and ask questions but i would not do them yet.

toolman is offline Banned
    I will buck the trend and disagree here with everyone. Although I do not think you should start juicing now, I dont think you have to wait a few years or until you hit the wall. The reason you should wait is first to grow as naturally as possible as your largest gains will be your first year, so don't interfere. As importantly to me is that first year without any breaks in lifting discipline. If you lift for about 18 months and you stuck with a program, then you are committed enough to try a first cycle. Your also old enough where you are not going to do any damage if you research and run the right cycle. However although my first year of lifting saw huge gains, the following year saw much smaller gains. That was when I juiced, like most, impatience. I gained 20+ lbs in 10 weeks and no natural lifting would have done that. It was a shortcut.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    I would wait for atleast another year. It will allow your body to continue to grow, you can get your diet down pat, and perfect your training program. 6 months of training is not alot of time.

Go Time is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bornbad71
    1. About juice.....listen to bdtr he knows what he's talking about.

2. Side effects real.....yes there real, but there are ways to limit them, the sides are different for different people...some have a lot of sides others hardly have any...depends on how your body reacts.

3. 22 lbs. in 6 months...damn bro that's good, I would say with results like that don't change it if it ain't broke.
    couldn't have said it better if I tried.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    Wait until your gains start slowing naturally. The more of a base you have the more benefit and keepable gains. I am one of the few who actually hit my genetic potential naturally. It tok about 5 years. Train natural 2 or 3 more years and become knowledgable of your own bodies potential and limitations.

Thread Information