johnsomebody is offline Senior Member

HDL/LDL, Heart Disease and Gear

Hey bros,

I'm assuming everybody who does a cycle should monitor their cholesterol levels but what do these numbers really mean? How concerned should a person be when they get bad? How long before they get normal again?

For example, on my cycle (lowdose test & EQ) my HDL went from HDL 46 to 25, from fine to danger zone and my LDL went from 125 to 140 from okay to borderline bad. Meanwhile my total cholesterol went from 185 to 173, and my trigycerides were way low at 42.

I used a $30 test kit and got the numbers by mail. I'll get them taken again when I see my doc next month.

Thanks bros.

Tuggy is offline Associate Member
    I wouldn't be overly concerned with your cholesterol while doing gear unless you are applying for an insurance policy. Your levels should return to normal after your cycle IF they rose.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    At our age that is a bit of a concern, you might want to add soem flax seed oil to help get those HDL's up. Try a table spoon a day for this month, then when you have them check by your Doc you know if it helped.

How's everything Bro?

JohnnyB

Thanks for the info, bros. Actually I've been taking about 6 grams of flax oil/day for some time now.

Yeah, maybe I should have mentioned I'm 50! But people are suddenly dropping from heart attacks all the time, gear or no, under 50 or over. Just want to avoid increasing the likelihood.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    I had my blood workup done a couple months ago, my HDL's were exceptionally high, LDL's low, triglicerides were low. Basically what worked for me, I take both Flax Seed and fish oil together, 4 of each a day and been on this regiment since last Christmas. Total Cholesterol was 85 and still HDL's were above normal. Doctor said I had about one of the best blood workups he had seen. To me, without asking the Doctor's opinion of steroids , was basically telling me to go for it!

Also I am also taking Q10 Co emzime, vitamen E and Carnatine stacks which also help improve all the liver stats as well.

85? Wow, I didn't know total cholesterol could even GO that low!! And especially with high HDL! Good job!

But my levels got wacked post cycle despite taking flax oil and consuming a lot of salmon, though I haven't used Q10.

Thread Information