Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ddrew is offline Associate Member

Do you know what your talking about?

There are serveral people on here that post a response to almost every question that anyone asks, I'm not naming anyone in particular, but there are 2 guys that seem like they live on here and give advice like they are old time vets. Well I happened to be looking in the members picture section and both these guys have posted pics, the first one is maybe 19 years old at best and weighs about 150lbs and has done one cycle ever, the second one weighs about 140lbs and is still getting ready for his first cycle. This piss'es me off a little bit because these guys are dispensing advice left and right and they clearly have no first hand expierence, I had a little disagreement with one of them the other day about a question someone had posted that really needed some good advice, What this individual was telling him was wrong, but the guy was adamant that he was right, I look at his pic and find out the guy weighs as much as one of my legs and has never done a cycle before in his life.
    My first thought after seeing his pic and stats was to say shut the f**k up you 120lb newbie high school f**k. But I thought it would be better if he would say that he has no first hand expierence and is just retelling what he's heard somewhere else. People like this are dangerous, they are going to give someone bad advice one day because they do not know what they are talking about and someone is going to believe it and get seriously hurt. I never comment on something that I do not know about from first hand expierence. I am not saying that they should not post, but they should say that they do not have first hand expierence when they reply so the people reading it know that they are not experts or vets. Sorry to rant, but I am just a little fed up with these 130lbs, never done a cycle, high school experts.

Metaphysical is offline New Member
    i agree, but in the end, its up to the person taking advice to correctly evaluate the persons credentials that is giving the advice. Personally, i wouldnt take anyones advice unless it coincided with an article or study that i've read.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphysical
    i agree, but in the end, its up to the person taking advice to correctly evaluate the persons credentials that is giving the advice. Personally, i wouldnt take anyones advice unless it coincided with an article or study that i've read.
    You're right but in most cases the reason the person is asking the q's is because they can't find the answer they need.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    That's why most of us on here will tell you to ask a Vet or Mod for a straight answer. Also to look at all the advice given and pick which path you'll follow.

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Yeah, I can understand where you are coming from drew because I got friends that are like that who give advice on hear say. I just shake my head in pity when they try to throw their opinion in the mix but I wouldn't go on anyone's word without researching it after I was given a suggestion. I am about to read your posts ddrew and find out who these clowns are...

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    That's why most of us on here will tell you to ask a Vet or Mod for a straight answer. Also to look at all the advice given and pick which path you'll follow.
    That's what I do......... I will tell you that person I'm not sure and do just as BigT said to. If I'm not sure about something for myself (after researching of course ) I hit up the Vets and Mods for an answer.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    I have seen newbies give good advice and I've seen seniors give good advice and vet/mods....nouf said. Personally, I give advice as I know, I refuse to make shit up. I also, know that when I get advice I trust certain people more than others! I believe in this type of community, the best answers are the ones YOU find through your research. Ask the questions, but also do the work, it's better if YOU do it and not someone else.

Can you drink winny?????

SID

tmeoe is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ripsid
    I have seen newbies give good advice and I've seen seniors give good advice and vet/mods....nouf said. Personally, I give advice as I know, I refuse to make shit up.

SID
    Very true, if I don't know a true answer, I won't reply. People on this board are asking very serious questions that need serious answers as the consequences for following bad advice are very high.

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    It's the same stupid questions over and over and over on here most of the time. can i drink winnie? can i drink winnie? wtf?

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Bottom line. ANY member, whether a Mod/Vet/Anabolic /Senior/Newbie etc. should have their answers questioned by the person recieving them.

To not question them puts the person acting in a potentially dangerous situation.

We can't stop people from posting advice. I've tried reasoning with certain people about this before. The only thing we can do is encourage everyone to look up what they get from here.

This is the exact reason why I get frustrated when people come here asking questions that are easily found by a search. It shows they are not going to make the effort to actually search and find the answer themselves. Second opinions from strangers are dangerous. CHECK ANSWERS OUT

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Rips was just making a joke bro.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    I totally agree. But the person asking the question has to do his research. If he only gets 2 reply's then he needs to dig further. I can't give advice on CLEN because I've never done it. You will never see me give advice on something I don't know. When a newbie comes to the board, it's human nature to ask questions first instead of doing your homework. It will never end. You have to be patient and explain to them the importance of doing research.

Also, if I see someone giving advice that I think is bad, or advice that a mod/vet has asked them to stop posting, I will inform a MOD/VET about this.
    Last edited by buylongterm; 09-25-2003 at 10:44 AM.

Jugg... na, I think he was serious.

jarrett is offline Senior Member
    HAHAH THIS THREAD CRACKS ME UP, I've around on the boards long enough to know, to take everyones advice with a grain of salt and to do my own research. THESE BOARDS ARE ALL BASED ON OPINIONS AND PERSONAL EXPERINCES..

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrett
    HAHAH THIS THREAD CRACKS ME UP, I've around on the boards long enough to know, to take everyones advice with a grain of salt and to do my own research. THESE BOARDS ARE ALL BASED ON OPINIONS AND PERSONAL EXPERINCES..

I don't see the humor in this? You might take it as a grain of salt, but some people do follow up on bad advice...It's scary.

So you can't drink winny? How about an all oral cycle for 12 weeks?
    Anadrol 1-12/dbol 1-10/ and a cutting steroid like Clen ! or I'll run 1-AD/DBol and Cell-Tech! I heard that's a good one! Right T!

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    So you can't drink winny? How about an all oral cycle for 12 weeks?
    Anadrol 1-12/dbol 1-10/ and a cutting steroid like Clen! or I'll run 1-AD/DBol and Cell-Tech! I heard that's a good one! Right T!
    lol, wow......I agree totally, if anything we should direct them to the threads at the top of the page. Ie. "do not ask questions till you have read this". Alot of people do give shitty advice, ive seen it around and i try not to give any opinions/advice without researching myself or having experienced myself. Im a newb so i can only give advice on a very few topics. Recently ive been looking at the people who act like they are a doc or vet and you look at there background and they end up being total Goobers. I agree with you drew on this one but this is a forum and people will listen to just about anyone when they want a quick answer.

SID.... touchy touchy...

BDTR is offline Retired
    Here's my two cents... I won't give advice on a drug I haven't used personally, regardless of how much research i've done on it. It's my understanding that experience can go a lot further than scientific research in terms of AAS, although a combination of both is ideal. It is sort of funny seeing needle virgins give advice, which sometimes out and out sucks to other newbies, but a lot of time its correct. It can go either way.

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Here's my two cents... I won't give advice on a drug I haven't used personally, regardless of how much research i've done on it. It's my understanding that experience can go a lot further than scientific research in terms of AAS, although a combination of both is ideal. It is sort of funny seeing needle virgins give advice, which sometimes out and out sucks to other newbies, but a lot of time its correct. It can go either way.
    bdtr is someone that i would listen to 24-7

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by asymmetrical1
    bdtr is someone that i would listen to 24-7
    Ditto

depdaddy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    well according to your post the only 2 drugs not to ask bdtr about is vaginal creams and prep-h

The best advice is usually advice that is given and learned based off of experience, 2nd hand advice being what it is can be 4th 5th or rumour! When diving into something as serious as the game we play, you need to learn. And it's not always good to learn the hard way! Working smart is always the way to go.

T, you're always picking on me! Big Bro!

SID

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    there are alot of bros who are knowledgable and helpful to a T on this board. they're easy to spot and should be appreciated by all. if someone gives out bunk advice... CALL THEM ON IT. the worst thing that can happen is bad or outright wrong advice being left up on a thread uncontroverted.

other than that, i have to say we have some of the best bros out there here on AR, im proud to be a member.

legend is offline Associate Member
    there is alot of knowledge on this board. and if you sit back and read some posts for a while you can learn alot.i also will never give advice or opinions on a chemical that i have never tried. i strongly believe that reading articles does not make you an expert. every chemical reacts differently in every individual, so if you do not have personal experience with it, you should not advise on it. you can state "this is what you heard".. but don't run off like your a fucking expert. that is pretty annoying. in almost every post i reply too, i state this is just my opinion. because thats all it is. opinions from my personal experiences. not from reading a book.

BDTR is offline Retired
    I know all about prep-h... damn squarters hemroids.

Quote Originally Posted by depdaddy
    well according to your post the only 2 drugs not to ask bdtr about is vaginal creams and prep-h

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    I have to disagree, to a certian extent. There are people on this board who have been here for years and have never done a cycle and are trying to learn everything they can before they do start there first, and I think these people are very smart and may not know anything from experence but if you see the same thread over and over again, and you will if you stay around long enough, you will know the answer. I do understand what you are saying about not having experence but I also respect the people who put there time in to learn about AS and are just trying to help others out. Even though they dont have much cycle experence. Whether or not I decide to take someones advice depends on how smart I think that they are from reading there previous post. Not by how many cycles they have done.
    I do agree with you about bad advice. If anybody sees bad advice they should say something about it and correct the person giving it. This is a place people come to learn, not to get bad advice.
    Last edited by nevaenuf; 09-25-2003 at 01:40 PM.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    Way back in the days before the internet (1980s) I would always look at the persom giving his opinion. If he was huge chances were he knew something. On the other hand you'd have a guy who has "trained" for 7 or 8 years who looks like a skinny girl. I'd listen to the big guy. There are exceptions though. It helps to sort through the bullshit and find out through trial and error what works for you.

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    Wait a minute .. Wait a minute .. Wait a minute!! I thought this was all just fun & games, nothing but role playing. You mean that you guys actually use juice??

Quote Originally Posted by trimunex
    Wait a minute .. Wait a minute .. Wait a minute!! I thought this was all just fun & games, nothing but role playing. You mean that you guys actually use juice??

No never............... well maybe grape or orange juice

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Well here is my profile, I am 38, lifted weights all thru my 20's, quit around 33 years because auto accident and broken neck made it too painful to continue weight training for a while. Got back into it about 2 years ago but wouldnt you know genetics have never let me break 160 lbs before. I saw where someone wrote you shouldnt consider steroids until you are over 200 lbs, but in my case, I think I need them because my genetics wont let me get anywhere near 200 lbs without some assistence. While I have spent a decade on a 4500 calarie a day diet and never broke last 7% body fat, My dad, my grandfathers, etc all were basically 150 lbs all their lives as well. I am large enough boned and near 6 ft, I think I have the frame to carry 200+ pounds well.

Dont just look down on everyone that's under 200 lbs as unworthy of roids, hell some of us probably have a more legitimate medical reason to need some then the other 250+ pounders on here who have no problem getting them.

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    I think it comes down to the individual asking the question to make an educated decision based upon what he/she has read and learned from others. I also agree that just because someone tells you something doesn't mean you shouldn't question their advice. Take the advice you get, make your OWN decision based upon what you learn and take responsibility for your own actions. Ultimately it is your health and wellbeing so the key to success in this game is education, education, education! I personally haven't done a cycle, but from everything I have learned from the bro's here at AR I know when I do decide to take the plung I'll be ready and successful!

Peace,
    CC

keithquig is offline Associate Member
    [QUOTE=Ntpadude]Well here is my profile, I am 38, lifted weights all thru my 20's, quit around 33 years because auto accident and broken neck made it too painful to continue weight training for a while. Got back into it about 2 years ago but wouldnt you know genetics have never let me break 160 lbs before. I saw where someone wrote you shouldnt consider steroids until you are over 200 lbs, but in my case, I think I need them because my genetics wont let me get anywhere near 200 lbs without some assistence. While I have spent a decade on a 4500 calarie a day diet and never broke last 7% body fat, My dad, my grandfathers, etc all were basically 150 lbs all their lives as well. I am large enough boned and near 6 ft, I think I have the frame to carry 200+ pounds well.

Dont just look down on everyone that's under 200 lbs as unworthy of roids, hell some of us probably have a more legitimate medical reason to need some then the other 250+ pounders on here who have no problem getting the

ive noticed that there is alot of knowledge from alot of senior member and up so i try sticking to the advice of my elders but also forming an opinion of my own to go along with there advice.

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    i really respect this board. There are some people that know there shit and there are some people who dont. it the same in the "real" world.....

ddrew is offline Associate Member
    I was specificaly upset about 2 individuals in particular. Let me clear up a couple of misunderstandings some people seem to have with what I said. 1. No you do not have to be 200lbs to know what your talking about, these guys look like they need to spend about 2-3 years minimum training natural before they even consider doing a cycle, they have no base what so ever, If we were all together at the same gym, believe me, these are the last guys you would approach for advice on anything except how to look more anorexic.
    2. Maybe they have been doing there research which is good but look at it this way, if you did your research for years on alcohol, but had never had a drink, would you know what it feels like to be drunk? Yes they may have gathered lots of good info, but they need to say that this is what they have heard and not let people think they are speaking from personal expierence. I like this board and I feel there are a lot of good, knowledgeable bro's here, but these guys are not them. It would be clear to everyone what I mean if I posted there names and you could look at there pic's and posts and see that they are talking out of there ass'es, but I don't want to do that, I would just like them to relax a little bit and quit replying to every post unless they really do have some good info to relate, they could direct people to the threads that they got the info from instead of trying to pass it off as there own. Again if we were all face to face in the gym and they started professing like they do here I assure you that you would all look at them, laugh, and walk away. I don't mean to be so negitive and I wish I could post there names so you would know what I'm talking about. Just because they are new does not make them any less worth while than anyone else here, it's the talking about what you don't really know that bothers me.
    Last edited by ddrew; 09-25-2003 at 07:51 PM.

Nickleby is offline Junior Member
    ddrew

I'm with you man. About 2 months ago (I'm too lazy to find it) I wrote a similar piece, almost word for word, and was totally lambasted by a lot of the members, who post here every day.

I, too, believe that if a member is going to provide advice, let them have first hand experience with that drug first. I like your analogy about drinking alcohol....good one. Members attacked my point of view because they believed that members who give advice have been on the boards for years and are totally researched up to provide this advice. Well....does an intern, who has been studying medicine for 5 years, treat a patient for an ailment he has only read about??? No! He wouldn't dare because he'd be putting that persons life at risk.

Same with drugs people. I say..."Don't give advice about stacks, cycles, meds, pct, short courses, long courses, bridging, orals, injectables, etc, without first having hands on experience"!!!

A lot of the advice spewed forth is just verbatim from other 'experienced' members.

animal-inside is offline Senior Member
    I know some vets don't like it.. by when i have a question i just PM a vet who i have researched there posts and think they have good knowledge.. sorry if it pisses some ppl off but its my life and body so i don't want to get advie from some one i don't trust..
    whatever advie is given to me i always try to research it too!

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    I have seen newbies give good advice and I've seen seniors give good advice and vet/mods....nouf said. Personally, I give advice as I know, I refuse to make shit up. I also, know that when I get advice I trust certain people more than others! I believe in this type of community, the best answers are the ones YOU find through your research. Ask the questions, but also do the work, it's better if YOU do it and not someone else.

Can you drink winny?????

SID
    Hell yes it sounds good to have memebers that actually believe what you just stated ripsid. I just got off a post the other day concerning the same thing. Unfortunatly their are those that do not believe in resreach and they want everything spoon feed to them and those are the ones that really are a potential danger to themselves. All we can do is counter their remarks with a different opion, state why we think the advice was bad, and hopefully the original author asking the question will have enough sense to question either response and do a little digging for themselves!
    IC

That is one thing that is great about this board there is definately more people that know there shit, so with any post do not just go off one persons opinion go off many.

blazenbell is offline Associate Member
    i wanna know who the members were ddrew...PM it to me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information