ixip is offline New Member

Can i"re-use" it!?

I have a problem!!
    I'm a little short of needles, i have the syringes but not needles
    Can i use the last weeks needle if i boil it in water!?!?
    Is it any risk with it, or is it safe!?
    I will get new ones, but they won't arrive in time =(
    Please, answer quick anyone who know!

/Ixip

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I wouldn't use them....... I wouldn't chance getting a infection plus they are dull after the first use.

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    I wouldn't recommend it... even if you boil it in water and wipe it down with alcohol, then boil it again... there's still a question of it being 100% sterile. Not to mention the needle already being dull from your previous injection.

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    Mudman beat me to it

n0_Genetics is offline Associate Member
    i'ld prob feel incomplete and frustrated if i don't finish the cycle just because i'm short of needles. so if i'm you, i'll rather pay 5x the price to someone for needles or re-use them though there may be a risk involved.

alpineslide is offline Junior Member
    Order them and have them overnighted to you. It might even be possible to buy them from a pharmacy...call around and ask them if they have any. Tell them your dog just had puppies and your going to give them immunizations or some lame excuse like that if you want to.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You can get them in a day or two. You might be able to walk into a pharmacy and get some depending on what state you live in so why risk reusing one.

animal-inside is offline Senior Member
    ask a doctor for a needle... hell soem will even inject for u

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by animal-inside
    ask a doctor for a needle... hell soem will even inject for u
    There are several web sites where you can order them. Thats how I get mine and they come overnight or 2 days at the most. DO NOT reuse after a week, or at all. The infection and added pain is not worth it.

100571 is offline Associate Member
    I am sold on the idea of a fresh pin every time. I injected with the same pin that I used to draw from the vial with ONE TIME. I was amazed at how dulled the needle was after just going through the stopper. Best to use a new needle every time. Like everyone was saying, it only takes 2 days to get your "pinz" delivered if you order online... Hell, if you ordered when you started this thread you might have them already!

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't recommend it but it can be done. Have the needels been recapped directly after use and stored cleanly? If so wipe them with some alcohol and you'll be OK. I've done it a few times. Next time make sure you have enough.

Quote Originally Posted by markas214
    I wouldn't recommend it but it can be done. Have the needels been recapped directly after use and stored cleanly? If so wipe them with some alcohol and you'll be OK. I've done it a few times. Next time make sure you have enough.
    Bad advice markas. Alchohol will not steralize it. Only pressurized heat, like an autoclave, will guarantee sterility.

New GearGuy is offline Associate Member
    Pins are cheap you can get 50 for $12 more or less. Why take the chance on using a dull needle or worse yet getting an infection.

Just my $.02

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    I agree alcohol will not completely sterilize the needle but if he has a normal immune system an infection is unlikely but absolutely still possible. Although the risk of infection is minmal it's up to him whether he wants to take it. This is a good example of why we need to get ALL our shit together before starting a cycle especially if we don't have easy access. I buy pins 100 at a time with an extra 100 needles. Draw with one inject with a brand new one.

Quote Originally Posted by markas214
    I agree alcohol will not completely sterilize the needle but if he has a normal immune system an infection is unlikely but absolutely still possible. Although the risk of infection is minmal it's up to him whether he wants to take it. This is a good example of why we need to get ALL our shit together before starting a cycle especially if we don't have easy access. I buy pins 100 at a time with an extra 100 needles. Draw with one inject with a brand new one.
    Amen! I always way over buy on the needles, then wonder why the hell I bought so many when Im trying to stash them away where my kids won't roam.

ddrew is offline Associate Member
    Guys say what you will but I use the same pin for gh injects for a week and then I start a new one.
    My wife is a type 1 diabetic and she will use the same pin for 1-2 weeks until it is to dull to get through the skin. We have never had an infection.
    The advice you guys are giving is correct, and reuseing pins is risky but not as bad as some of you make out. My advice, go to the drug store and ask to buy 10 pins, most states have to sell you that amount or less without a prescription by law, this is to prevent the spread of aids from needle sharing.

Ambulance is offline Member
    If worst comes to worst get out your phonebook and look up livestock supplies. You can buy needles and pins there (since they use them to give animals injections) very cheap, all you do is sign a paper saying what its used for...say its for your uncles petting zoo. no ID or anyhting required in my state

King Test is offline Banned
    If you are a healthy adult, reusing needles isn't going to be much of a problem. If worst comes to worst, do it for an immediate solution. However, if you make a habit out of it I would expect sooner or later you'll pay for it.

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    The sterility is not really an issue, as it can be dealt with, but all you guys that like to or are thinking about re-using a pin, let me see you deal with this!

BTW, this pic is in the Educational Forum. Has anyone ever read anything in there?

-moto
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can i"re-use" it!?-needle1.jpg  
    Last edited by motoxxxguy; 09-29-2003 at 10:10 PM.

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    No, bro just tyr to get somw new ones. They are so cheap.

dash812 is offline New Member

here

am i allowed to tell him that?
    i hope so

Thread Information