Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member

Best way to workout during cycle

In the past I found the best way to make arms and chest grow for me was lots of reps, like reach 100% ability to lift at about 15 to 16 reps and about 4 or 5 sets total per excercise with a 2 minute break between sets, and 5 minute break between excercise.

I will be going on a test/deca cycle soon and I am wondering if this will work or should I take heavier weights where I get maximum # of lifts per set in the 5 to 10 rep range? Or am I doing fine by reaching 100% at 15 reps or ???? I am not sure which way to do rep/sets will get maximum results from a steroid cycle.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Train towards your goals..... When I ran my last cycle it was to bulk so I ate, and trained that way.... Basic compound movements, as I got stronger I used havier weights. This cycle is a cutter so I will eat and train for those goals as well.

J-Bud is offline Associate Member
    What you also need to remember is different things work for different people. For bulking I do 6-8 reps of heavy weight, for cutting I do 12-15 reps with lighter weight. That works for me, you'll have to see how the gear works on you and what works best for you.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    Train towards your goals..... When I ran my last cycle it was to bulk so I ate, and trained that way.... Basic compound movements, as I got stronger I used havier weights. This cycle is a cutter so I will eat and train for those goals as well.
    Well I am wanting to bulk up and get away from being "stuck" at the 165-170 lbs range. On the other hand, over the last month I have really started getting the best defined 6 pack abs I have ever had, the last few days my pants are getting real loose and those abs dont need flexing to show while holding my weight well (no loss of pounds), I would like to gain up 10 or 15 lbs but keep these abs too. I havent had these abs very long, I suppose I must be down in the 6 or 7% body fat range to be getting this near paper thin skin over my belly.
    Last edited by Ntpadude; 09-29-2003 at 08:42 AM.

Thread Information