Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jarrett is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodChuck
    this whole thread is ASININE. injecting anabolic steroids into a peripheral artery won't kill you. i don't care what you've heard and i'm not guessing like most of the people on this thread. i am and MD and i wonder if the so-called doc that told you this really went to medical school or if you're just making it up. i hate threads like this b/c it just spreads misinformation and serves to make people afraid.

btw - heparin is an anti-coagulant. there goes your credibility down the toilet.

AS RUDE AS THIS GUY IS ON MOST OF HIS POSTS HE'S RIGHT..

there is way to much misleading info in this thread but to answer all ya'lls questions if large amounts of Gh could have caused his death the answer is still No. AIDs patients take up to 18iu's of Gh ED for the rest of there lives, IF it were my opinion on the situatuion, with out looking into his medical history and looking at possibly and autopsy I would guess your boy died of Hypoglycemia, hints the reason why there having such a hard time finding out the cause of death. and how he died so suddenly.

WoodChuck is offline Banned

thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by jarrett
    AS RUDE AS THIS GUY IS ON MOST OF HIS POSTS HE'S RIGHT..

there is way to much misleading info in this thread but to answer all ya'lls questions if large amounts of Gh could have caused his death the answer is still No. AIDs patients take up to 18iu's of Gh ED for the rest of there lives, IF it were my opinion on the situatuion, with out looking into his medical history and looking at possibly and autopsy I would guess your boy died of Hypoglycemia, hints the reason why there having such a hard time finding out the cause of death. and how he died so suddenly.
    i'll try to come off as less rude but i hate it when people who aren't knowledgable in a certain subject are try to sound like they are. it's like this guy i used to work out with occasionally at the gym who was real big and always psyched about working out. he was a nice guy. unfortunately he never shut his mouth and tried telling me stupid shit like there was "a third head to the BIcep muscle". after a while my other workout partner and i just couldn't deal with him.

woody
    Last edited by WoodChuck; 10-19-2003 at 04:59 PM.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Jeez, I was just asking if BLT had any more info and a hissy fight happens.

I have no idea myself if injecting oils without aspirating can kill someone -like nearly everyone else here I only know what I've read on this and similar sites and I usually give much greater credibility to someone who claims to be a doctor (though anyone can do that of course).
    So there's one guy who says he's a doc on one site saying it's possible and one here saying it isn't.
    Maybe it should just be left at that and the debate saved for another thread?

it's so simple..

Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody
    Jeez, I was just asking if BLT had any more info and a hissy fight happens.

I have no idea myself if injecting oils without aspirating can kill someone -like nearly everyone else here I only know what I've read on this and similar sites and I usually give much greater credibility to someone who claims to be a doctor (though anyone can do that of course).
    So there's one guy who says he's a doc on one site saying it's possible and one here saying it isn't.
    Maybe it should just be left at that and the debate saved for another thread?

there's really nothing to debate... there's two things - the truth, and bullshit.

woody

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Did I miss something???? I posted this to see if it's possble to die from injecting because I had no idea......Later in my post, I did say that from all the research I have gathered since, It's almost impossible to die from injecting.

The whole idea of this post was to put all of our heads together with the limited knowledge I had about his death. Thats all.
    Last edited by buylongterm; 10-19-2003 at 07:55 PM.

Woodchuck, I hope your not implying I made this story up? Most bro's on this board know I'm a straight up dude, and I have better things to do than to make a story up. The info I posted is what's been passed on to me and if you re read the thread, I again, in NO WAY was implying that.

The whole point of this board is to ask questions and hopefully get a lot of good opinions.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    It's been my experience that when docs or nurses aspirate it's usually just a quick flick of the plunger part of the syringe because if you are in a vein and even lightly touch the plunger you will probably see red in the barrel. Unless you are really watching for it you would miss it for sure.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    Woodchuck, I hope your not implying I made this story up? Most bro's on this board know I'm a straight up dude, and I have better things to do than to make a story up. The info I posted is what's been passed on to me and if you re read the thread, I again, in NO WAY was implying that.

The whole point of this board is to ask questions and hopefully get a lot of good opinions.
    We know that you are straight up bro...and I'm still glad you posted this information...even though some of it is some scary shit. Like I said before, I will continue to aspirate , even IF it is not necessary. What does it hurt?

Again, I hope the rest of us will keep in mind that this was a close friend of yours that passed away, no matter the cause, it happened. I know that finding the actual cause will help with closure for you and the rest of his friends and his family.

Sharing the knowledge we all have, and the questions that come up in doing so, is what this board is suppose to be about.

peace,

ttgb

hybrid is offline Member
    I don't know about all the biological ins and outs of this. But I am interested in what ultimately was the cause of the problem here. Thanks for posting about this BTL. I'm sure it is difficult.

Hybrid and TTGB, Thanks bro's I appreciate it. Hopefully we will find out what killed him. I just called my buddy and left him a messsage to call me back to see if he's heard the cause of death.

eshestun is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hybrid
    I don't know about all the biological ins and outs of this. But I am interested in what ultimately was the cause of the problem here. Thanks for posting about this BTL. I'm sure it is difficult.

im interested too. You haven't heard anything yet??

Well, I just got off the phone with my buddy. I asked if he has heard anything. He said we probably will never know. But, he definitely didn't die from injecting into an artery. He also was NOT on SLIN. So, we probably will never know. My buddy thinks he had an Aneurysm. So the point of this thread was to see if injecting into an artery could kill you. And from all the info we've come up with (my buddy just talked with his heart dr. and he too said it would take over 30cc to kill somoeone) it's almost impossible. I again think steroids played a role, but how much, we will never know.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Hey, thanks for the update then BLT and sorry again about the loss of your friend.

I am glad to hear a shot can't kill you after having had the bejesus scared out of me by that buffdoc post I quoted earlier.

Now I wonder WHY aspirate and what's the worst that COULD happen if you don't?
    Maybe I'll ask that on a new thread.

Cock Diesel155 is offline Associate Member
    Is it possible your friend may have had an anorism (sp?).. I know of a guy that had one and dropped dead right on the gym floor. You said you heard someone speak of a blood clot ? Isnt and anorism (sp?) a blood clot on the brain?? Just a thought..

hmmm

what i think everyone is forgetting here is that maybe the shot he gave himself had absolutely nothing to do with how he died.... maybe he did have an aneurism in his brain that decided to burst shortly after he gave himself the injection.

woody

Quote Originally Posted by WoodChuck
    what i think everyone is forgetting here is that maybe the shot he gave himself had absolutely nothing to do with how he died.... maybe he did have an aneurism in his brain that decided to burst shortly after he gave himself the injection.

woody

Thats a very strong possiblity!!!

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    could have just have easily been caused by a large dose of asprin to get over a sore workout - or maybe it happened just after he ate some fruit loops, but that doesnt indicate causation - though I of course understand why you would want to do everything possible to find out why this tragedy happened to your freind.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Isnt and anorism (sp?) a blood clot on the brain?? Just a thought..
    An aneurysm is a dilation of a blood vessel( picture a bulge in tire ) that poses a threat from the potential for rupturing and clotting. The aneurysm itself is not indicative of problems and often you wont know youi had/have one until a severe medical emergency, ie instant big headache, vision goes blurry, etc. The rupture of an aneurysm( in the brain )causes a brain hemmorrhage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information