DocHoliday is offline Senior Member

Anavar at low doses

Again, my stats are:

175lbs, 5'10, body fat at around 11-12%.

Stack:

wk 1-10 of Test Enanthate 500mg ewwk 1-10 Proviron 50mg ed
    wk 12-15 Clomid (300, 200, 100)
    wk 12-15 Nolva 20mg ed

I want to add Anavar , and some one told me that a good rule of thumb is to follow the .125 x body weight. That's 22mg a day. If I add it, should I run it at 25mg a day, for a 6 or 8 week cycle.

My goals:

The test e is for adding mass and strength. My reason for adding anavar is not for mass obviously, but to really really see strength and kept strength increase.

What do you vets think?

Doc

By the way, it is my first cycle, so I want to keep it simple, but I really want the strength increase from anavar if it's so profound as what I've read on it.

No advice? I'll just save my money.

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Id bump it up to 30 mgs at least, drop the priviron and run eq or decca....

WiLLpOwEr is offline Member
    If you're going to use it, I would use 35mg every day at least. I think you would be much happier than 25mg ED...although this can get pretty pricey. You might want to try 35mg of Dianabol for 4-5 weeks in the beginning of that cycle for some serious strength instead...but it's up to you.

Good luck.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Well, I weigh 240 and thought 30mg/day of Var was great. I'd always err on the side of under rather than overdoing the stuff for a first cycle. Plus if after a couple weeks you don't feel like it's effective you can always up the dose -the half life is only like 9 hours. (Which is why I think you shoud spread it out over the day.)

Keep in mind it can make you pretty nauseous for the first week or so -at least that's what it did to me and it's not uncommon, according to the lit.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I think you have a good cycle plan, I'll look for it but I had 2 studies that showed var to work at 15mg ed.

johnnyB

Found them.

Short-term oxandrolone administration stimulates net muscle protein synthesis in young men.

Sheffield-Moore M, Urban RJ, Wolf SE, Jiang J, Catlin DH, Herndon DN, Wolfe RR, Ferrando AA.

Department of Surgery, University of Texas Medical Branch, and Shriners Burn Hospital for Children, Galveston 77550, USA. [email protected]

Short term administration of testosterone stimulates net protein synthesis in healthy men. We investigated whether oxandrolone [Oxandrin (OX)], a synthetic analog of testosterone, would improve net muscle protein synthesis and transport of amino acids across the leg. Six healthy men [22+/-1 (+/-SE) yr] were studied in the postabsorptive state before and after 5 days of oral OX (15 mg/day). Muscle protein synthesis and breakdown were determined by a three-compartment model using stable isotopic data obtained from femoral arterio-venous sampling and muscle biopsy. The precursor-product method was used to determine muscle protein fractional synthetic rates. Fractional breakdown rates were also directly calculated. Total messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA) concentrations of skeletal muscle insulin -like growth factor I and androgen receptor (AR) were determined using RT-PCR. Model-derived muscle protein synthesis increased from 53.5+/-3 to 68.3+/-5 (mean+/-SE) nmol/min.100 mL/leg (P < 0.05), whereas protein breakdown was unchanged. Inward transport of amino acids remained unchanged with OX, whereas outward transport decreased (P < 0.05). The fractional synthetic rate increased 44% (P < 0.05) after OX administration, with no change in fractional breakdown rate. Therefore, the net balance between synthesis and breakdown became more positive with both methodologies (P < 0.05) and was not different from zero. Further, RT-PCR showed that OX administration significantly increased mRNA concentrations of skeletal muscle AR without changing insulin-like growth factor I mRNA concentrations. We conclude that short term OX administration stimulated an increase in skeletal muscle protein synthesis and improved intracellular reutilization of amino acids. The mechanism for this stimulation may be related to an OX-induced increase in AR expression in skeletal muscle.

JohnnyB

That hyper word, just means high protien, if you didn't all ready know

Combined effects of hyperaminoacidemia and oxandrolone on skeletal muscle protein synthesis.

Sheffield-Moore M, Wolfe RR, Gore DC, Wolf SE, Ferrer DM, Ferrando AA.

Department of Surgery, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston 77550, USA. [email protected]

We investigated whether the normal anabolic effects of acute hyperaminoacidemia were maintained after 5 days of oxandrolone (Oxandrin, Ox)-induced anabolism. Five healthy men [22 +/- 3 (SD) yr] were studied before and after 5 days of oral Ox (15 mg/day). In each study, a 5-h basal period was followed by a 3-h primed-continuous infusion of a commercial amino acid mixture (10% Travasol). Stable isotopic data from blood and muscle sampling were analyzed using a three-compartment model to calculate muscle protein synthesis and breakdown. Model-derived muscle protein synthesis increased after amino acid infusion in both the control [basal control (BC) vs. control + amino acids (C+AA); P < 0.001] and Ox study [basal Ox (BOx) vs. Ox + amino acids (Ox+AA); P < 0.01], whereas protein breakdown was unchanged. Fractional synthetic rates of muscle protein increased 94% (BC vs. C+AA; P = 0.01) and 53% (BOx vs. Ox+AA; P < 0.01), respectively. We conclude that the normal anabolic effects of acute hyperaminoacidemia are maintained in skeletal muscle undergoing oxandrolone-induced anabolism.

JohnnyB

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Great post johnny, missed your expertise while you were gone.

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah that was a awsome post

Thanks JohnnyB. The study doesn't show the difference between higher dosages and lower dosages though. Unless I'm reading it wrong. I am still lost upon a lot of words, but I'm able to get the best I can out of it.

Do you have anything on the differences between dosages?
    Thanks again.

I was planning on using proviron because I feel it's better than nolva, and I like the sound of its muscle hardening effects.
    No deca because I don't want to deal with my hpta getting such down that hard.
    No EQ because I think the extra extra food with get too expensive. I'll use some B12 if I have trouble eating 4,500 cals.

Still not sure when to inject my B12 (daily or what).

Is the var worth the money? JohnnyB?

Thanks again guys!
    Doc

Var can get pretty expensive, depending on who you buy it from.

The study show that it work at doses most would say it doesn't at, a higher dose would work better to some extent. But if your looking for mass gains, then your looking in the wrong place.

JohnnyB

Nope, I'm looking for mass gains with Test E, and extra extra strength gains from Anavar . I want to after all my size increase, to be stronger than I "look." Ya know what I mean? LOL

Doc

I hear ya playa, I got some good strenght gains from 20mg ed, when I added some fina to it, my strength went through through the roof.

JohnnyB

Fina and Anavar ? That's Anavar at 20mg ed with good strength increase? Sweet!! Do you think it's worth it on my first cycle Johnny B? Thanks. You can PM me if replying to this post is too much of a burden.

Doc

Sure

JohnnyB

Thread Information