dash812 is offline New Member

Unhappy how bad are injectables on the liver?..can i drink?

im a college student and its extremely hard to not drink for 8 weeks at a time. i understand that dbol and anadrol are not the things for me. ive read that the injectables dont really go through the liver and thats a reason people use them so as not to cause liver damage. about 6 months ago i took 6 shots of sust (i know its not much) and gained about 15 lbs and lifted more than i ever thought i would be able to. anyway, during those 6 weeks i drank just as though i would have if i was taking nothing and it was fine. im about to start 8 weeks of deca and 4 of sus for the first 4 weeks and dont really want to delete beer from my weekend excursions (also weekday sometimes). can someone tell me about the injectables mixed with alcohol.

-also, does taking a lot of protein mess with the liver too?

I just would not drink period, I mean if you are in it fully about taking the roids not drinking for 8 weeks should not be that bad

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I know its not what you want to hear but if you cant stop drinking your not dedicated enough to mess with steroids . Its not like taking aspirin.

byu
    byu is offline Junior Member
    I wouldn't go so far as to say that you aren't dedicated enough to lifting...that's harsh. Regarding alcohol, when it's introduced to your system, the first priority of your liver is to rid your bloodstream of the toxins. The main objective of your whole digestive system is to process the alcohol first. This means that protein synthesis and all other digestive functions take second priority to the toxin. And alcohol is not a toxin that disapates quickly in a college drinkers system, it sometimes can take up to 36 hours for 4 drinks; (depends on metabolism.) That's a day and a half of imparied digestive function...ie muscle growth. Not that it stops, just is impaired. Some drink normally throughout their cycle and are just fine for the short term. Long term effects will be seen when they are 40 maybe 50...maybe earlier, and maybe never. Personally I wouldn't drink. You are already taxing your system in a pretty major way. Maybe an occasional drink or night of drinking.

DBfitness is offline Junior Member
    Im 21 and I drink pretty frequently when Im not on roids. But once I spend all that money on my cycle, food, needles, etc I give up drinking for 15 weeks. (cycle last 10, then i like to give my body an extra 5 weeks for full recovery) I agree if you cant give up drinking, then give up the roids. Save your money and buy you a few kegs!

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It doesn't sound like you have a very good cycle planned. It doesn't sound like you have commited to a BB lifestyle. I would hold off on a cycle until you do more research and are ready to dedicate more of your energy towards the gym.

ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    I go with Rickson here. I have done cycles when I used to drink (don't anymore), and while I am not saying you are going to damage your liver, you definately won't get the gains you would expect to if you didn't drink. It is hard, I know! I used to party pretty damn hard even when on cycle. I could feel the hinderance for up to several days afterwards. When I stopped drinking and cycled, I made the best gains ever. But to each his own. I know everyone is different and some can continue to grow even if they choose to party hard. But it didn't work for me. Anyways, injectibles do get metabolized through your liver, they just don't go through first pass metabolism. All blood passes through the liver, and the liver receives about 1/4 (~1300mL) cardiac output/minute. So this is alot of blood regardless. The steroid is constantly circulating through the liver to be metabolized, until all of it is. If you consider for the average person, it takes 2 hours to metabolize one drink (this changes with time), you can quickly see that the liver becomes highly active in its metabolic functions. So much so, that it becomes impaired and cannot metabolize normal substrates properly. This impairment is transient, and depends on total alcohol consumption. My point is IMO, it isn't worth it. You can and will get much better gains if you don't drink, or at least limit drinking. If you do decide to drink, at least take good liver antioxidants like milk-thistle (silymarian), ALA, N-acetylcysteine, and your other antioxadants. I would take these regardless. But, this is just my opinion. I know I used to do it, so I can't tell you not to. Just realize you are missing out on maximum gains by chosing to drink Etoh. Good luck whichever route you choose!

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    injectables may not all be 17aa, but everything that goes in your body passes through your liver at some time or other from what I understand

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    The hype that was put on all anabolic -androgenic steroids causing liver problems was overexagerated. There are studies showing Testosterone and Nandrolone injectables being very safe. It's the 17A-alkylates (orals) that cause liver problems - even in low doses when prescribed to an otherwise ill patient.

But depot versions obviously have the potential to also be damaging when used in very high doses...

But everyone has pretty much covered this up for you. The alcohol in itself is pretty harmful to your system - frequent binge drinking is definitly holding you back on your progress/goals...

Plus - your intended cycle is waaaaaay off... you need help with that as well...

But I also get the impression that you are not someone that should even be going this direction. Stay natural, clean up your habits and get serious for awhile first... IMHO.

byu - interesting info... 36 hours of impaired digestive functions...

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Alcohol retards test ouput.Listen to the great advice above.Don't drink.This sport requires strict discipline.Doesn't sound like your ready to commit yet. DB

dash812 is offline New Member

ok

i didnt mean to seem like a raging alcoholic or anything. im just saying i like to drink sometimes and wondering what yall think. im glad most of you are telling me not to, so i probably wont as much as i would have. you gotta understand studying all night for a test (not that test, i mean an exam) and taking it the next day. i cant see anything more enjoyable after that than a beer or two.
    Warrior, help me with my cycle. right now i have a 10ml bottle of Nandrolone Decanoate USP with 300mg/ml.
    thanks
    dash

King Test is offline Banned
    Drinking is going to prevent you from maximizing your gains. So if you don't want to be big then do as much drinking as you want. Period.

Thread Information