donniebaseball is offline Junior Member

Do they test for roids at police academy's?

hey guys , within the next 10 - 12 months i plan to enter the police academy in my area, i was wondering do any of you guys know if they test for roids in their tests? im guessin that they know dudes got to be in shape and prolly only test for marijuana etc. have you guys heard anything on that?

I have def. seen some threads on this issue I think it all depends on what area u are in, check the town that u want to become a cop at.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Have you already been accepted and passed all the processing. If you are a huge Mofo and it is obvious, some departments give a polygraph and you might get asked about it there.

LocoLeprechaun is offline New Member
    They do not test for it but make sur eyou are not mid cycle cause your bp might be high and they will deny you for that. Ron did bring up a good point though some departments do give polygraphs and all depending on the person giving the test he may ask if it is obvious you may be on. They asked me during my poly and when the guy asked me I turned to him and said do you ask every person that or are you just singleing me out because I lift weights I dont think that is right for you to unfairly assume that because I am bigger then the average cadet that I have to use steroids what ever happened to the notion of some hard work and determination got a little ignorant about the whole thing and he dropped it quick, and even though the poly will show the you pulse is up on the reading they wont know if its caused you used steroids or if you were just mad that he tried to single you out. But as far as the piss test goes dude dont even worry about it they dont care about that for real actually in mine we get treated better cause everytime there is a problem who do you think they are calling.

donniebaseball is offline Junior Member
    i havnt been accepted yet, im schedled to take my civil service test in october but im thinkin ahead cause as all you of you know time flies. my friends dad is the cheif of police in the town i live in and i know i got a job waitin. with my build it looks like im in good shape but no way is it totally obvious. thanks lep, you def eased my mind.

Fashioncore1 is offline Associate Member
    Personally, i took the NYPD test and was in the process of going into the academy. I passed the background check, the physical(with flying colors) and the medical. The only thing left for me to take was the psychological (including the polygraph). This got me a little scared. I dont know how they are in jersey, but in NYC they press your buttons for an hour or two trying to make you crack and admit you do something wrong. I've been told that they are not looking for angels, but they only want drug use limited to a very small "experimentational" time period. If you have a year long drug binge, they will not accept you. The second that the polygraph shows some stress point, they will stay at that topic forever. With this technique, they can even make people who are clean pressured into looking like they are druggies. I don't know about LOCO's tactic, but it seems like it might work. My best suggestion is to give that a shot. If you already have your foot in the door, they probably put in a good word for you and will not pressure you as much as others. Good luck in whatever happens.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    My buddy's polygraph question was "have you used any illegal narcotics in the last 3 years". In his mind, and mine too, AS is NOT the same as coke, heroin, etc. That's all he was thinking about during the test and flew right through it. Just thought I would share.

peace,

ttgb

roidmanraging is offline Junior Member
    Most PA drug tests are done via peeing in a cup. Most places only do gear tests through blood.

The polygraph might be the only place you are tripped up. Just be smart and only answer as little as you need to without offering any additional information. If you want to get off of the subject, simply say that you've used them in the past, but no longer do.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    AAS are hormonal drugs and definately not narcotics. Also they are legal but you need a script. Finally they are not mind or mood altering. If they ask if you've used illegal drugs, street drugs or narcotics answering no would be a truthful answer. If they ask specifically about roids I like loco's aproach. Why don't you lay off until you've got your foot in the door? If you don't appear totally jacked they may figure you just weight train and have decent genetics.

wuggzwest is offline Junior Member
    The NYPD does not polygraph, nor does Nassau County PD, Suffolk on the other hand does along with the state troopers, the dea, fbi, cia, atf, and u.s. marshalls do polygraph aswell, hope this helps

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Why don't you have a buddy call up the recruitment officer and ask flat out?

Thread Information