NAR
    NAR is offline New Member

All Members please read!!!

National Anabolic Review & Legal Muscle
    Senate and Congressional Member Book Drive

How would you like to know that every member of Congress and
    the Senate had a copy of Legal Muscle delivered to them personally?
    Now is your chance to take part in making sure that happens. Please
    take a moment of your time and click the link below to see how YOU
    can make a difference...

http://www.nationalanabolicreview.co...cle/index.html

Admin @anabolicreview:
    If this post is inappropriate or is contrary to the terms of this site could you please email me.

National Anabolic Review
    [email protected]
    Last edited by NAR; 09-30-2003 at 10:14 AM.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Oy, another attempt to sell a book.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Legal muscle is worth it.

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    That is a really good idea but lets face the truth. There are too many liberal left winged wacko's out there preserving the trees and owls. There is no way that this book, as enlightning as it is, will make a difference. We live in a liberal controlled media and the negative publicity elected officials would receive from such a drastic change in policies would force them right out of office to the man preaching about increasing laws and punishment to those caught with aas. It is political suicide for a politician to change their point of view on steroids . It will never happen.

Anyone else agree with me?

Testify is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 50%Natural
    It is political suicide for a politician to change their point of view on steroids. It will never happen.
    I am inclined to agree with you here. Regardless of personal beliefs, I don't think political positions on this subject are likely to change any time soon. This was once true of marijuana and other "soft drugs" also, so maybe someday . . . But I don't think soon.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I think it's a good idea, it might not happen tomarrow, but it need to start somewhere. So it can happen someday

JohnnyB

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    "National Anabolic Review" that sounds a lot like "Anabolic Review"

Honestly I don't know if this breaks rules or not. LOL I am all for educating those who make our laws. And I know that at $25 you aren't doing this to make money. I will let this stay, but I will also say that if you are interested in picking up a copy of this wonderful book, please support AR and purchase it from us for $49.95. This is a must have book. Even if you think you know it all, you will learn something from this book, I assure you.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 50%Natural
    That is a really good idea but lets face the truth. There are too many liberal left winged wacko's out there preserving the trees and owls. There is no way that this book, as enlightning as it is, will make a difference. We live in a liberal controlled media and the negative publicity elected officials would receive from such a drastic change in policies would force them right out of office to the man preaching about increasing laws and punishment to those caught with aas. It is political suicide for a politician to change their point of view on steroids. It will never happen.
    This has nothing to do with liberals vs so called conservatives. Politicians on both sides can equally take credit for turning otherwise law abiding citizens including law officers into criminals. If you believe that the Republicans our in favor of reversing the criminalization of AAS you are dreaming. John Ashcroft is the greatest threat to personal freedom in my lifetime. He is far from liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by markas214
    This has nothing to do with liberals vs so called conservatives. Politicians on both sides can equally take credit for turning otherwise law abiding citizens including law officers into criminals. If you believe that the Republicans our in favor of reversing the criminalization of AAS you are dreaming. John Ashcroft is the greatest threat to personal freedom in my lifetime. He is far from liberal.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like a party dispute. I mearly meant to talk about the liberal controlled media and if anyone, republican or democrat, wanted to legalize steroids , they would be booted out of office the first oportunity give. Politicians really can't speak their mind and even if they are in favor of legalizing steroids they wouldn't dare admit it.

I don't know about the book but some things about that website don't pass the smell test to me. The funniest one is the office building on the right of the masthead with "National Anabolic Review" poorly superimposed, as if it were actually some huge NAR company HQ, which of course it's not. Am I to assume those people in labcoats are employees?

Superior_1 is offline New Member
    PTbyJason Thanks for letting the post stay.
    And sorry for not contacting you before hand.

I am responsible for the post, and it has just been posted on over 60 BB web sites and a handful of AIDS/HIV forums. It's a truly genuine attempt at getting the book into our dictators hands.. I've been around the boards for 6 years and have a list of refs as long as your leg. My current advocacy website is currently in construction phase hence the reason for the chesy building and the lab techs. My intentions was not so much to expose that site as much as it was to expose the book drive site.

Is it an attempt to sell books. Absolutely not. They are discounted to $25 as Jason stated. Plus legal muscleis covering shipping costs. I agree with the fact the this is probably not the most cost effective or definite way to MAKE them read it but like one fellow said it is a start. Let me rephrase some stements I made on my home board and maybe you can better see my intentions. This is only the first phase of a more extensive agenda to make the truth known.

**brief beginning repost**
    Will our leaders take heed and change policy based on getting a personal copy of Legal muscle sent to them peronally? Chances are no. But what it will do is show that there is a body large enough and determined enough to get the book in their hands. This has value my friends. It also serves for future purposes in the way that our leaders can be held accountable for having the info in front of them. They can never again say they didn't know or didn't have the resources. WE are sending it to them direct. ALL 535 members that make the laws and steers this countries policies. The next letter I write my congressmen or Senator will be asking him what he/she thought of Legal Muscle?? I can't wait for that response letter. And I can't wait to hear the thousands of people sending similiar letters and what their responses will be. After our goal is accomlished here. We will make available a formated letter asking this of our leaders. Let's get the book in their hand and them ask them what they thought??
    **Repost**

If you know me you will know my intentions here are genuine, I'm not here to sell books. I'm here to do my part in getting the truth out, It's that plan and simple. I only ask for your support, whether that be monetary support or support with your voice. Attacking this post and picking it apart isn't my idea of sticking together for the good of the cause. Maybe I take my personal freedom a bit more personal, heck maybe I don't. I just wanted to post under my normal long term handle. Those of you that know me will know the intentions are geniune. WHat moer can I say??

And sorry for the hokey little building.. Maybe that was stretching the image a bit to far!! ;-)
    Superior1
    [email protected]

Ex UG Mod from way back
    current mod @ multiple boards.

Please contact Rick Collins if you question the integrity of this post.
    Last edited by Superior_1; 07-20-2004 at 03:30 PM.

Sorry, didn't mean to be too hard on you. I get annoyed by anyone who tries to sell anything, legit or not, which I guess is a fault of mine. But it really doesn't help the cause to pimp up the website unnecesarily -it leads one to question the sincerity of the people sponsoring it. If it's still under construction I hope that's changed, it'll help.

NAR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody
    Sorry, didn't mean to be too hard on you. I get annoyed by anyone who tries to sell anything, legit or not, which I guess is a fault of mine. But it really doesn't help the cause to pimp up the website unnecesarily -it leads one to question the sincerity of the people sponsoring it. If it's still under construction I hope that's changed, it'll help.

Thanks for the advice johnsomebody!! I'll certainly consider it.
    I never claimed to be a grahpical guru or a web developer. I just needed to give something for my real web guy to go by. Thanks for the support!!!

Superior_1
    [email protected]

NAR
    BTW I was LMAO at your critic of my header!!!

;-)

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Criminal steroid use is AN EASY WAY to get drug busts. It is a way to show the public that they are locking away drug users (them being steroid users)
    I mean, we dont carry guns and dont hang out in bad areas where they cant get to us.
    We are in our homes or the gym and they nab us by our mailboxes. SIMPLE QUOTA bust for the DAs office.

Here' s a bump for ya.

NAR
    Congressional Book Drive update
    Well, I'm unfortunately reporting poor and truly dissappointing results in the first three weeks. Virtually NO donations outside of a few close and select friends. I understand fully my ferver for the truth getting out to society about the real deal on anabolic steroids . And maybe that clouded my thinking a bit as far as thinking my zeal would be parrallel in the minds and hearts of others.
    Does this mean give up? No it doesn't!!! It just means I doubt the 3 month goal will be met. At least not at the rate we're going.
    I was hoping for a bit more enthusiasm from fellow bodybuilders. I honestly received more negative posts than positive one and it's honestly points I can't argue. But also points that I can't cower to!!
    So anyway. I would have hoped my initial post would have sparked the interest of most of the people of this community and encourage a number of them to say, why not what the hell???
    But it didn't... So I'm basically here at week 3 to humblly seek a small monetary sum from each of you to see this project through to completion. In other words I'm begging! LOL.
    No!! I choose not to resort to that. But what I do ask is this. If the number of people who viewed the site would have donated even $10.00 We would have already hit the goal. But instead we received a whopping $150.00. I had one friend locally that's never even heard of Zambon, give $30.00. And the rest came from about 5 people. That's quite sad.... What are we to do?? Like it has been said, It's beyond the point of being naive enough to think that our legislators are going to get it in the mail and rip through the pages and read it with the enthusiasm that we did. I doubt it. But to have them sent is making a statement more than the purpose of reading. Plus it beats the hell out of doing nothing..
    I'm asking each person that reads this post to click on the link and give $5.00 thats it. You have DONE your part by doing that. Paypal is easy, Dropping $5.00 in regular mail is easy. Thats all this project needs to be a success.. And I know I'd like to gratification of knowing that a statement is being made. Below you can view the details of the drive again.
    http://www.nationalanabolicreview.co...cle/index.html

I've also put together who will up until the present be recieving the books and these are based on the states in which the donations are coming. Why don't you take a peak and see if your legislator is going to get a copy? I doubt it because you haven't donated.

State results
    http://www.nationalanabolicreview.co...le/states.html

If you want to make sure the reps of your state gets one please donate and state to whom you want your donation being applied to. It could be your local area, Or Joe Biden himself!!! In any case.
    I ask for each of you to drop off $5.00, You've lost more than that in the wash and that your wife/girlfriend never told you about. ;-)

Take care folks and appreciate you tolerating my reduction to beggary! ;-)

NAR_admin
    Last edited by NAR; 10-21-2003 at 01:17 AM.

Thread Information