Swellin Guest

Question Doctor Selection

I need to find a new doc before I start my cycle. My current doc would flat out refuse to see me if I told her.

Is there any particular type of doc you look for (any special field or just a GP)?

I need all of my levels checked...how do I go about this, and what do I ask?

If I disclosed my juice useage, could that information be placed in my MIB file?

[[Sorry if this is in the wrong forum...I looked and couldn't find a better one.]]

KeyMastur is offline VET
    I went in today to prop for blood work. Never have had a regular doctor. Just looked on the internet for a provider who carried my insurance and called them up.

Swellin Guest
    I don't even know what to look for. What do I look for, and when I get there, what do I need to have checked.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    i just had a standard CBC test and asked for my testosterone levels to be checked as well.

there's others. most insurances will cover the entire CBC, if not most. any extras will come out of your pocket if the insurance doesn't want to pay for it.

Swellin Guest
    Thanks! I'll check and see who does that near me.
    Much obliged for the help.

Testify is offline Senior Member
    I had the same question about three years ago when I moved and had to find a new doc. I spoke to my father (a doc) at the time, and he told me to find a good Internist for primary care. Of course, its up to you to do the research and see if he/she is any good . . . Hope that helps.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Some of them just dont feel you need one if your younger. Ive had my argues with a few. Usually telling them that low testosterone runs in your family and that you are concerned of your levels, will usually be enough persuasion. In some cases, you may have to let them know that you will take your business elsewhere if they still refuse.

If you told them, they could, and probally would put it in your MIB. Hard to say, up to the doctor really.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    There is a referral service on the internet to refer you to doctors who give testosterone replacement . The problem is, you better have real low levels in blood, be prepared to give sperm sample, etc.

I think www.google.com and search for testosterone replacement.

Also from what I gather on these pages, inless you are really seriously low and need help, it will be very hard to get if you are under the age of 35 years. Over 35 its much easier.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    You might consider looking for a doctor that works with AIDS patients . . . some patients are prescribed various steroids to combat body wasting, so the doc should be not only conversant, but experienced in dealing with folks on AS.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    You might consider looking for a doctor that works with AIDS patients . . . some patients are prescribed various steroids to combat body wasting, so the doc should be not only conversant, but experienced in dealing with folks on AS.
    That sounds like a great idea DB

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to be so clueless but what's an MIB file?

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    By the way, the little cave man holding the sign is astounding!! He's totally got it right! I had no idea that was even possible!!! Amazing!

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    I'd go see a Endocrinologist. They work with hormones, thyroid and other alments. My Endocr did my blood work after I complained about low sex drive (a lie to get him to check my blood levels). If you go see an Endocrinologists that is the first thing they will check is hormone levels, especially if you tell them you feel that your sex drive is low, and that you have no energy, depression and so forth. In our area you have to be referred by a GP doc, or another type of doc. If that is the case, just call any doc on your insurance plan tell him your symptoms and he will most likely recommend you directly to one or offer to do the blood work himself. Just some of my personal experience.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    I found a basic site that may help you understand what are Endocrinologists and how they can help you with your problem.
    http://www.hormone.org/publications/what_is_endocr.html

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree with S30's advice.

Myself, I lucked out and found a Dr. that has been involved with many pro athletes so she is very familiar with AS use. In addition she lets me examine my MIB file to make sure there is no mention of AS in it.

Your MIB file can be subpenad (sp?) in a court of law.

D

Thread Information