Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    JEO3 is offline Associate Member

At 140lbs. do i need as much juice....

I was just currious when i see some of you guys taking like 800mg pluss a week of different stacks...does your doseage relate at all to your weight? Would a person of 140lbs. need as much to gain relatively the same gains as a 250 pound guy? Any experienced light weights out three??

BlocRoc is offline Member
    At 140 lbs, there is no reason that you need juice.

Dosage does not directly relate to your size, but it is a determining factor!

L8

BDTR is offline Retired
    At 140 lbs you should try eating before juicing.

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Not too many out three. Eat your ass off and train your ass off. You don't need juice yet. BTW, how old are you and how long have you been training?

From your other threadds, it sounds like you're already starting or about to start poking your ass with juice.

Read some more and chill out!

L8

malidfa is offline Member
    Spent some money on chicken instead of juice,just eat,train,eat,eat,train & then eat again

dangit is offline Member
    Yeah, I agree. At 140lbs, there is absolutley no need for juice. Wait till you pack on some pounds.

If you juice now, you'll just loose all your gains since it seems that you might need to learn how to eat properly.

Building muscle is all about diet/sleep/recovery and a bit of working out. The diet and recovery and sleep are way more important than the working out part.

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes you need juice, if you are 3'4".

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    JEO...the one thing you should learn on AR since joining recently is YOU DON'T NEED A.S. YET! I sincerely hope you're not starting a cycle now.

Btw, fill out your freakin profile!!!

more info:

I am as small guy with a fast metabolism...i have worked out for 2 years hard....5 days a week...tried creatine, eat about 200g of protein a day, try to get about 3 protein shakes in a day, eat a lot of chicken, turkey, and bread, red meat, eggs, oatmeal every morning for breakfast...I think I am close to my genetic potential without sterroids...It is the only thing i can think of to get me over the hump...I know it's hard for some of you to fathom someone being 140lbs, but think of it this way, i started around 125 to 130 and got up to about 145 in about a year and now sorta stuck, i'll shoot up to 146 once in a while but maintain around 140. Not everyone gets to start at 200 and work from there....Hope that explains it better ....yeah i need to do the profile...

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JEO3
    I am as small guy with a fast metabolism...i have worked out for 2 years hard....5 days a week...tried creatine, eat about 200g of protein a day, try to get about 3 protein shakes in a day, eat a lot of chicken, turkey, and bread, red meat, eggs, oatmeal every morning for breakfast...I think I am close to my genetic potential without sterroids...It is the only thing i can think of to get me over the hump...I know it's hard for some of you to fathom someone being 140lbs, but think of it this way, i started around 125 to 130 and got up to about 145 in about a year and now sorta stuck, i'll shoot up to 146 once in a while but maintain around 140. Not everyone gets to start at 200 and work from there....Hope that explains it better ....yeah i need to do the profile...
    The key question is, at 145, how old are you?

Quote Originally Posted by toolman
    The key question is, at 145, how old are you?
    23 years old

Fill out your profile.

How tall are you. Give us a specific rundown of what you do in a regular day....E.G. How much eat, what you do.....Are you or have you been doing stimulants (cocaine, amphetamines....No offense, but i was once hooked and I weiged in at a meager 170 and under at 5 11...and never thougth I would gain weight). Do you do something crazy for work that burns you out.....Like trianthlons.

No one here will tell you that its OK to juice at your stats, even if you claim that you try hard and nothing happens!

Wait at least 2 more years....maybe your a really LATE and slow developer.

I still am not confused that at your age and size you cant gain any weight!

L8

dangit is offline Member
    Even with gear... you're going to need to eat like a horse... maybe two hoarses at the rate your metabolism is at.

I'm constantly getting tired of eating so much food. It's a real strugle to try and put so much stuff in your gut every 2-3 hours a day, 6-7 times a day.

Right now I'm eating 3 huge baked potatoes and a can of tuna... and I just had breakfast about 2 hours ago.. then I'll have a protein shake with carbs in about 2 hours, then 3 more huge potatoes with tuna about an hour after that before my workout.

Just make sure your diet is in check before starting roids. It's not a magic pill and wont work if you're not injesting enough calories.

diet

From what i've read you are supposed to eat your body weght in protein...and mix in lots of carbs before workouts...i estimated my BMR at 1527 calories a day... and 2127 calories a day to grow...Am i way off here?? I eat a bowl of oatmeal, two yogurts, and a protein shake for breakfast....12 inch turkey or ham sub after workout with protein shake sometimes, with some potato chips....between lunch and dinner I'll usually snack on peanuts or some crackers or something, lots of water, vitamin-c pill, and another protein shake....for dinner i'll usually have some meal with chicken or turkey and some french fries, and usuallly some other vegtable...and right before be i take another protein shake...

I know it doesn't sound like a lot but remember i am only 140-145....

Workout:
    Mon: BACK and BI
    Tue: CHEST and TRI
    Wed: Legs and Shoulders
    Thu: Back and BI
    Fri: Chest and Tri
    Sat: Usually legs and whatever is not sore.../I don't work out evrey sat

Looks like you are might be overtraining your muscles so they don't have a chance to grow.

tmeoe is offline Associate Member
    I'm not trying to call you out or anything, but at your age your metabolism should begin to slow down and at 2 years of hard training and the amount you are eating I see not reason for why you are NOT growing. My only suggestion is to eat more. Maybe you just a plateau try changing up your routine as well. At 5'6 though it doesn't seem like 145 is far from normal either.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    I sense overtraining....do each muscle once a week bro..remember you grow when you rest, not when you lift...and as far as eating goes, remember the animal commercial, you would rather miss a day of training than a meal

ok

thanks guys, so then my diet is ok...i should just swich my routine around to one day a week per muscle group? ? and wait on the juice..??

Try it out for a while and see what happens.

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    i would still eat more than 2100 cals/day...that's enough...

and it seems to me like you are over training...you work everything at least twice per week...tha'ts insane IMO

personally i work on a 2 days on, 1 day off routine, training each body part once per week. more than that and i don't grow as much as i can.

the workout is an important part of growing...but the most important part is rest and diet. it's when you're resting, that's when your muscles grow. make sure you're not cheating yourself out of needed rest!

and BTW...by what scientific method did you estimate your BMR to be 1527?
    Last edited by halifaxsteve; 10-02-2003 at 11:46 AM.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I am 5'6" and I started at 127. So I do fathom where you're coming from. 2 years of lifting is not a lot of time. I've been lifting for 6 years and I don't feel that's a long time. If you want diet advice and training help shoot me a PM and I'll tell you how I gained naturally.

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    I Have a friend in the same boat as you he is 23 and about the same damn size. I have seen this guy eat atleast 6000 a day for a month and gain about a pound. poor basterd!! Not sure if you are in his boat as this or not What was your weight 2 years ago. give them the full stats height weight bf age workout split actual diet listing and what supplements you are on currently and they can help you out. And as always if this is the first cycle you are going to run and they cant talk you out of it then do some research on test only cycles.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    I believe some people are just genetically smaller. I know a guy who trained drug free for 15 years and trained correctly who was a whopping 140 lbs at about 5'-3. If he had used some gear he may have gotten to 160 but I doubt much more. He's just a small guy. If you are over 21 and are of the same body type as the person I described then AAS may be the only thing that will make you grow. As others have stated you will need to consume a lot of food and get lots of protein in your diet. If I were your size I would do a simple cycle dbol 50mg/day x 4 weeks along with test 500mg/week x12 weeks followed by pct with clomid. This should give you 20 lbs of which you may keep 10. 10 lbs may not seem like much but for a hard gainer it's 2 years of drug free training in 12 weeks.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Train 4x a week. Stick just the core power movements. 45min - 60 min tops. Compound movements mainly (ie bench, deads, cleans, squats,rows, etc) Break them up to 1 muscle group a week.

Eat about 5000 cals.

Do this for a month and check the scale.

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    There's a member on here...juicehoe I think his name was...that had the same situation. Everyone here bashed him until he put up some pics and showed he actually started around 100 pounds and made it to 145 or so. What I learned is that some people are not blessed with the genetics to be big. If I was 140 pounds and doing everything right and still not growing, yeah, I suppose I'd grab some dbol , deca and test too!

But from what I've read, you've made a few big mistakes:

1.) You need to have a post-workout shake with lots of sugary carbs in it along with some protein. I'd go with cell-tech if I were you. 2 sccops gives you 75 grams of dextrose....and mix in some whey protein. Then, exactly 1 hour later, eat your PPWO meal...like chicken, yams and broccoli or something like that.

2.) You are over training! For real, take a week off and rest. Then start back up on a different schedule, working each muscle 1 time a week! You could do calves and abs twice a week but for other muscles, you need more recovery time.

3.) Make sure your training is on point.

From what i've read you are supposed to eat your body weght in protein...and mix in lots of carbs before workouts...i estimated my BMR at 1527 calories a day... and 2127 calories a day to grow...Am i way off here?? I eat a bowl of oatmeal, two yogurts, and a protein shake for breakfast....12 inch turkey or ham sub after workout with protein shake sometimes, with some potato chips....between lunch and dinner I'll usually snack on peanuts or some crackers or something, lots of water, vitamin-c pill, and another protein shake....for dinner i'll usually have some meal with chicken or turkey and some french fries, and usuallly some other vegtable...and right before be i take another protein shake...

I know it doesn't sound like a lot but remember i am only 140-145....

Workout:
    Mon: BACK and BI
    Tue: CHEST and TRI
    Wed: Legs and Shoulders
    Thu: Back and BI
    Fri: Chest and Tri
    Sat: Usually legs and whatever is not sore.../I don't work out evrey sat

I agree with Pumpseeker. This guy is defiantly not eating enough. Try eating every 2 hours from the time you wake till the time you go to bed. Alternate shakes and solid meals. That's how I gained.

sublang is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bathgate
    Train 4x a week. Stick just the core power movements. 45min - 60 min tops. Compound movements mainly (ie bench, deads, cleans, squats,rows, etc) Break them up to 1 muscle group a week.

Eat about 5000 cals.

Follow this advice and you will gain weight. I gained 25 pounds in 3 months naturally using this routine. You are way off on your calories. You must consume more calories than you expend. 2000 calories is recommended for the average joe. You are not the average joe, you are are trying to build large amounts of muscle mass. Consume 4000-5000 calories a day for a couple of months and watch yourself grow. Good luck.

By the way, too many people lay judgement before all the facts are gathered. This guy says he's 140lbs. and everybody tells him he's too small to juice. What if he was 5' 0" and 140lbs? You don't have to be 200lbs. to juice. I just think it's important to provide positive advice to new guys.

Quote Originally Posted by sublang
    Follow this advice and you will gain weight. I gained 25 pounds in 3 months naturally using this routine. You are way off on your calories. You must consume more calories than you expend. 2000 calories is recommended for the average joe. You are not the average joe, you are are trying to build large amounts of muscle mass. Consume 4000-5000 calories a day for a couple of months and watch yourself grow. Good luck.

By the way, too many people lay judgement before all the facts are gathered. This guy says he's 140lbs. and everybody tells him he's too small to juice. What if he was 5' 0" and 140lbs? You don't have to be 200lbs. to juice. I just think it's important to provide positive advice to new guys.
    thanks man i appreciate the advice...yeah i agree, it seems like there are a few people on these boards just waiting for a chance to pounce on someone ...i guess i can try to be a little more thorough with my questions and info though...

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bathgate

Eat about 5000 cals.

thanks for the links man, very helpful...

Quote Originally Posted by sublang
    What if he was 5' 0" and 140lbs? You don't have to be 200lbs. to juice. I just think it's important to provide positive advice to new guys.
    If you check his profile you can see JEO3 is 140 at 5'6".

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    thanks man i appreciate the advice...yeah i agree, it seems like there are a few people on these boards just waiting for a chance to pounce on someone ...i guess i can try to be a little more thorough with my questions and info though...
    Yea I'd say "instead of" whey protein shakes, do the GNC weight gainers, they are still loaded with boat loads of protein but also now loaded with boat loads of carbs. Sometimes the first 3 weeks of going on weight gainer doesnt work, but then after it starts working and gain about 3-4 lbs a month. DO this until you reach the 160 lbs then switch back to whey, this is because you can grow fat faster then muscle so in the 160 lbs range, stop the mass weight gain and let your body get used to being 160, let the tummy cut back without loosing weight, and then start again or then consider the AS. Keep up your exercises but you want to exercise muscles with a little more "heal time" between workouts. Also if you are too small and start AS, I heard its possible to get bad stretch marks on your skin from muscles growing faster then skin, also your tendons and other slow growing parts of muscle might not keep up with faster growing parts so you can tear ligiments in joints and strain muscles, etc if you do get your body used to carrying around more weight.

REM
    REM is offline Member
    i started juicing at 125lbs doing low doses didnt no shit about roids,
    i had ur problem fast metabolism couldnt gain shit, then i learn that
    the main issue was "eating alot" , i done 5 cycles i'm currently at 176lbs
    i stop about 6months ago my last cycle i'm doing my recovery process, dont no if i will do another cycle or just quit for good. i,m not encouring anyone at 125lbs to do roids, this was my experience which i had no clue what was happening just did it due to my sorry ass weight 125lbs good luck later...

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Yea I'd say "instead of" whey protein shakes, do the GNC weight gainers, they are still loaded with boat loads of protein but also now loaded with boat loads of carbs. Sometimes the first 3 weeks of going on weight gainer doesnt work, but then after it starts working and gain about 3-4 lbs a month. DO this until you reach the 160 lbs then switch back to whey, this is because you can grow fat faster then muscle so in the 160 lbs range, stop the mass weight gain and let your body get used to being 160, let the tummy cut back without loosing weight, and then start again or then consider the AS. Keep up your exercises but you want to exercise muscles with a little more "heal time" between workouts. Also if you are too small and start AS, I heard its possible to get bad stretch marks on your skin from muscles growing faster then skin, also your tendons and other slow growing parts of muscle might not keep up with faster growing parts so you can tear ligiments in joints and strain muscles, etc if you do get your body used to carrying around more weight.
    yeah, i've never tried the weight gainers before, they always seemed like the doses were so huge to get the same amount of protein as the whey, but that does make sense about the carbos though...i'll give it a try...are there any that you reccomend? gnc brand??

thanks

bewtew is offline New Member
    jeo from your post you said that you have a fast metabolism i would say that you should eat a lot more if you are trying to gain weight eat a lot past 6pm or at night time. also its all in your genes
    i used to be 160 pounds i will work out 5 times a wk
    and etc but that was before i was 18 from 18 to 20 i used to eat like a fucking lion i gained 45 pounds now i weight 205 pounds of pure lean muscle
    i remember i used to eat ALOT at night and thats how i gain weight but again genetics are different on every person all relatives are huge ne ways good luck. and eat more

Bmr

BMR= calories needed to sustain vital function without loosing or gaining weight

(body weight in lbs.) devided by 2.2 = body weight in kilos
    140lbs./2.2=64kilos

body weight in kilos X 24 = BMR
    64X24=1536calories

For per day "Calories to grow" I calculated by taking my body weight and multiplying by 20:

140lbs. X 20 =2800calories to grow

Is this right...how do you guys do it??

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    that may be a guide for the average person...but it is not a reliable method...there are tests you can take to determine your BMR. the gym at my old univ used to do them for a fee.

in terms of what i need to grow at a particular activity level. i started out at 3000cals/day...and increased at regular incriments. when i found i was starting to put on fat...i knew that was the breaking point. i eat slightly above that point. that's how i did it. trial and error or self experimentation.

shadow123 is offline Associate Member
    so say this is in someone genes. eg...
    they train right, eat right( 5000kcals aday) do everythink right...
    they can eat anythink they want.
    there parents are thin and have this problem gaining weight.....
    they also train hard lift heavy
    how would a person like this get around this....
    would roids work or after stopping roids would the body go back to how it was because of there genes........

what else could they do...
    they

hawk9603 is offline Junior Member
    start takin some nlarge2 that will put some pounds on you

shadow123 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk9603
    start takin some nlarge2 that will put some pounds on you
    mate do some reserch first if it is someones genes it is very hard to gain...
    they need
    real food plenty of it..
    heavy weights
    sleep
    gear
    no cardio

nlarge2 is a waste of money there are cheaper ways of doing this.......
    i have been doing loads of research on the matter some honestly find it very hard to gain weight

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information