gchild is offline New Member

Talking Advice needed from my brothers...

I am a 25 yr old male - 6'2", currently 215lbs - who in the past 2 months has lost over 45lbs from nothing more than a ton of hard work on the cardio machines @ the gym, and good consistent work on the weights. I used to be a college football player at a Division II school, so being overweight was never an issue for me. When I graduated college I gained 45 lbs of very bad weight (due to inactivity and drinking). I was huge! I just recently started working out again, but I cannot seem to get rid of my excess bodyfat!!! I am truly proud of this weightloss, but I need any and all advice you can provide in terms of STRICTLY bodyfat reduction. My body is ALMOST back to normal, but no matter how much I run, bike, or eliptical, I can't seem to drop this bodyfat. I'm eating well...and working out 6 days a week.....WHAT ELSE CAN I DO???? I don't have the $$$ for any anabolic goodies, and I'm currently using a good ECA stack; but what I need is the advice from the homies.

Please, I would appreciate any and all advice you brothers can provide!

Best wishes to all. I look forward to hearing what you think.

Gchild

TrenFreak3 is offline Associate Member
    G child #2? what is this? waaay to confusing!

sorry bout that...

If there's another "Gchild"....sorry about that. I've been here for almost 2 years, but I apologize to the "original" Gchild if I borrowed your name.

TrenFreak3 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gchild
    If there's another "Gchild"....sorry about that. I've been here for almost 2 years, but I apologize to the "original" Gchild if I borrowed your name.
    naw im just giving you a hard time....as far as your question, all i can really recomend is diet, as im sure already know about. Just clean it up as much as possible and hit the cardio in the AM. just my .02

toolman is offline Banned
    Diet is the first thing, but I won't tell you how to count calories. Watch the fat and carbo intake.Diet is key but also the right cardio is important as well as the time you do it.

You have to do your cardio first thing in the am, having eaten absolutely nothing since you woke up, except water. It may be tough but that is key. Next, you hit the cardio, but watch your heart rate. Ideal metabolic consumption of fat reserves is actually a rate that is not that hard to hit, say around 130. Once you start getting into the 140's, you're body starts to go into an aerobic state and burns less fat. In short, your cardio should not be really tough. I found that there was no way I could run on a treadmill and keep the rate low enough. I switched my morning workout to recumbant bike and man, the weight loss was much faster. Although I had always learned no pain, no gain, it isn't the same when dealing with fat loss.

Sucks getting old, but don't lose sight and watch everything you eat.

someday is offline Member
    I agree with toolman......if your having trouble loseing the rest of the weight check ou the diet forum and they'll get yah in shape there....heres a diet im planning on running when i begin to cut down i've seen a few threads w/guys whove done it and had great results.

http://www.t-mag.com/nation_articles/243tdawg2.html

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    I am a 25 yr old male - 6'2", currently 215lbs - who in the past 2 months has lost over 45lbs from nothing more than a ton of hard work on the cardio machines @ the gym, and good consistent work on the weights. I used to be a college football player at a Division II school, so being overweight was never an issue for me. When I graduated college I gained 45 lbs of very bad weight (due to inactivity and drinking). I was huge! I just recently started working out again, but I cannot seem to get rid of my excess bodyfat!!! I am truly proud of this weightloss, but I need any and all advice you can provide in terms of STRICTLY bodyfat reduction. My body is ALMOST back to normal, but no matter how much I run, bike, or eliptical, I can't seem to drop this bodyfat. I'm eating well...and working out 6 days a week.....WHAT ELSE CAN I DO???? I don't have the $$$ for any anabolic goodies, and I'm currently using a good ECA stack; but what I need is the advice from the homies.

Please, I would appreciate any and all advice you brothers can provide!

Best wishes to all. I look forward to hearing what you think.

Gchild
    Lemme get this straight, you lost freaking 45 pounds naturally in 2 months???????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????
    and you are concearned, complaining about your bodyfat%%%
    if this is true, what you did is miraculous, and you simply need to keep doing whatever you are doing. you should be giving dieting advice, not requesting it. I smell bs, my 2

To be honest with you "Asymmetrical", I did lose all that weight...but it was weight that I should never have had on my body in the first place. It was all from drinking, poor eating, and inactivity. I stopped working out for 8 months, and the 45lbs I gained was the result! I busted my ass in the gym to shed all that shit...but now that it's gone, I'm concerned with all the leftover bodyfat that plagues me.

I don't know if I should give dieting advice, because the weight i lost was not the type of weight most people are trying to lose. People who are overweight have weight that has been with them for a good period of time and would be difficult to shed...I had weight that I never should have gained. But if you feel it's BS, it's all good. I have pics to prove the shit. You wanna see me before the weight gain, during the weight gain, and presently? I can post em.....

To all those that have advice for me, you talk "diet," but aside from watching what I eat...what sort of extremes could I take it to. Extremes meaning the bare minimum I could eat to lose weight, but keep my muscle mass?

Testify is offline Senior Member
    The last couple pounds are always the hardest to take off. Your body wants to hold on to them for emergencies, and won't give them up easily. Be patient. Eat clean, and keep doing the weights and cardio. It will happen.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Gchild, how often do you eat? what's your water consumption and what time is your last meal? What type cardio are you doing? And give us a rundown as to what you are eating. You know from what the bros are saying that diet is 90% of the battle to gain or lose the pounds. Give us the 411 and lets see if we can help pick out a few things that might help you out. Btw, excellent work on losing the 45 pounds already!

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Damn all that in 2 months bro. Just keep at it a while the rest will come off. Check your diet out and make sure you remember that you are a lot lighter now and your maintenance calories are a lot less.

goldenear is offline Associate Member
    The best way to drop weight is to make sure you are in a caloric deficit on a daily basis. This is pretty basic advice, but there are other things you can do to maximize your results. For ex., consume only low-GI carbs. This will result in fewer and shorter insulin spikes throughout the day. Also, cut out all carbs after a certain time of the day (like 5pm). This will strongly encourage your body to provide requisite glucose through gluconeogenesis. You could double your cardio sessions and double your calories burned.

There are ~4,000 calories in 1 pound of fat. Remember that when you look down at the end of your cardio session and the readout show 200 calories burned, LOL. Clearly, the best way to burn excess calories is by increasing your basal metabolic rate.

First off, a sincere THANK YOU to all you brothers for the words of encouragement and advice. I appreciate your honesty.

In regards to what my diet consists of...it's nothing extreme or truly out of the ordinary. In the mornings I consume one protein bar which contains 40g of protein, 15 carbs, and roughly 300 calories, and a bottle of orange juice. For lunch I might have a huge salad with an assortment of veggies, but always included is a chicken breast or some type of red meat (fajita style). And dinner (which I eat around 8:30pm due to schedule conflicts), I'll have 3 cans of tuna mixed with some salsa. Now, I DO NOT KNOW if this is a good or bad diet plan. COMMENTS?
    When it comes to cardio, I'm running 1.75 mile in 15 minutes (before lifting), on days I lift. And I'll run 3.5 miles in 30 minutes on the days I don't lift. All of my running is done on the treadmill @ a speed of 7 and an incline that is randomized. Days i don't lift (after running) I will hit the bike for 15-20min, then the eliptical for 15-20min...just to switch things up.

Good, Bad, HORRIBLE....???? All comments are appreciated!
    Thanx guys,
    G

Hanzel is offline New Member
    [QUOTE=toolman]
    You have to do your cardio first thing in the am, having eaten absolutely nothing since you woke up, except water. It may be tough but that is key.

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! try it, made a world of difference for me.

Also try and drink at least 1gallon of water/day
    And if thats not enough drop the daily OJ

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Diet is slacking bro.

Check out some diet samples in the Diet section. Big Texan recently posted a great sample diet in there. Any questions just pm me and I'll try my best to help you out.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    A couple more thoughts. 1st thing is try eating 6 meals a day. Also at least a gallon of water. I try for 2 myself. Your body is probably getting used to the ECA now so switch it up with NYC for a couple weeks. If you need some more specific diet help I'd be happy to help. I've been their off and on myself.

nik
    nik is offline New Member
    Hey man i believe what Ron said as well, since your only eating 3 meals a day your body might be holding on to those last few pounds. With 6 healthy meals your metabolism should speed up and help you drop that weight. For me as well water is key. For a change a pace to you can throw in some hot sauce, it should help speed up your metabolism. This isn't crucial but it might be a way to liven up some meals.

Peace

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    To be honest with you "Asymmetrical", I did lose all that weight...but it was weight that I should never have had on my body in the first place. It was all from drinking, poor eating, and inactivity. I stopped working out for 8 months, and the 45lbs I gained was the result! I busted my ass in the gym to shed all that shit...but now that it's gone, I'm concerned with all the leftover bodyfat that plagues me.

I don't know if I should give dieting advice, because the weight i lost was not the type of weight most people are trying to lose. People who are overweight have weight that has been with them for a good period of time and would be difficult to shed...I had weight that I never should have gained. But if you feel it's BS, it's all good. I have pics to prove the shit. You wanna see me before the weight gain, during the weight gain, and presently? I can post em.....

To all those that have advice for me, you talk "diet," but aside from watching what I eat...what sort of extremes could I take it to. Extremes meaning the bare minimum I could eat to lose weight, but keep my muscle mass?
    wtf is "weight most people trying to lose"? weight is weight bro when it comes to fat. doesnt matter if you drank it all on, ate it all on, some rolled off your old lady on you, it's the same. dnp won't come near to taking 45 lbs off you in 2 months.

Thread Information