bigdave91 is offline Associate Member

how do you discard needles?

Hi guys
    I was wondering how you discard your needles?
    Also do you use the same syringe throughout your cycle and just change the needles?

If you do then how do you make sure your syringe is clean?

Cheers
    dave

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I keep mine in a old protein jug then when it get full give it to my gf to drop off at work in the medical waste.

No use a different syringe and pin, and also draw with a seperate pin each time too. They sre so cheap why chance a infection.

bigdave91 is offline Associate Member
    Thats sound advice regarding the 'why risk infection?' Simply no point in risking it!

But what about us guys who dont have acces to a medical waste bin?
    I dont want to be throwing my needles in the bin so some poor guy gets pinned with my needles!

Cheers
    Dave

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdave91
    Thats sound advice regarding the 'why risk infection?' Simply no point in risking it!

I dont want to be throwing my needles in the bin so some poor guy gets pinned with my needles!

Cheers
    Dave
    You can buy them online.Several sites have bins for syringe dispossal.

I always keep an empty protein jug around. I cut a hole in the lid and use that as my sharps container. Works great. Always , always, always use a sterile syringe and needle for every stick bro. Never ever reuse your needles or syringes.

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    I keep mine in a old protein jug then when it get full give it to my gf to drop off at work in the medical waste.

No use a different syringe and pin, and also draw with a seperate pin each time too. They sre so cheap why chance a infection.

This is the same method I use only I always duct tape the hell out of it and just trow it in my garbage outside.

bobbo23 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdave91

Cheers
    Dave

Goto a hardware store and buy some insullation foam. Just spray that i nthe protein jug and it will harden up. That way theres no rattling inside. Then just super glue the lid on.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbo23
    Goto a hardware store and buy some insullation foam. Just spray that i nthe protein jug and it will harden up. That way theres no rattling inside. Then just super glue the lid on.
    I ussally fill mine up before I get rid of it. This is also how I know when it is time to get off my cycle.

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    I use the PBNYC method....I toss them out the car window as I'm driving down the Jersey Turnpike.

D

depdaddy is offline Member
    i keep a few sharps containers in my closet..when full i drop them off in medical waste at work

BDTR is offline Retired
    Put them in a paper bag, label them "candy" and leave them in playgrounds.

By that i mean, put them in a protien tub, seal it, duct tape it and throw it in a dumpster outside a store.

i use to do the same as Diesel but not on an expressway. until i realized that there was a school bus stop on my dump corner. no im just kidding i have a buddy who is diabetic and when i go over to his house i slip them into his sharps container. no ones the wiser.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by 01dragonslayer
    I always keep an empty protein jug around. I cut a hole in the lid and use that as my sharps container. Works great. Always , always, always use a sterile syringe and needle for every stick bro. Never ever reuse your needles or syringes.
    not meant to flame anyone here..seems like some people dont really think about safety of others..protein jugs dont protect from needle sticks...should be able to pick up sharps container at drug store..if you throw it in garbage what protects the inocent people handling the waste...old needle grow bacteria and other little nasty things..

BDTR is offline Retired
    All my pins are recapped as well, i think thats pretty safe.

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    All my pins are recapped as well, i think thats pretty safe.
    i still think garbage man has right to know what he is handeling

Quote Originally Posted by depdaddy
    not meant to flame anyone here..seems like some people dont really think about safety of others..protein jugs dont protect from needle sticks...should be able to pick up sharps container at drug store..if you throw it in garbage what protects the inocent people handling the waste...old needle grow bacteria and other little nasty things..
    Hey dep, I always recap my needles. I'm around needles alot and...yeah I know, we were taught NEVER ever recap needles. But I do my own though. As far as in the field, I never do. Too much of a risk goin' down the road at 60mph to recap. Alls its takes is one little bump.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by depdaddy
    i still think garbage man has right to know what he is handeling
    We drink a 2 litre bottle of soda everyday. I was just thinking recap, throw in 2 litre bottle, cap it and in the trash. No?

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbo23

Good idea . . . I've been throwing mine in an empty jug of laundry soap and filling it up with plaster of paris. But the insulation foam thing sounds like a better idea.
    Wish I knew someone with access to a sharps disposal bin, though . . .
    --Tock

KeyMastur is offline VET
    i blend mine up and then swallow them. this is what the pro's do to get every drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    We drink a 2 litre bottle of soda everyday. I was just thinking recap, throw in 2 litre bottle, cap it and in the trash. No?
    I thind a big thick N-Large tub is safer that a flemsy 2-liter bottle.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    i hide mine in the couch cushins...=) ha, just kidding...i think i'm going to use the protein jug method.

-- cb

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    I use a laundry detergent bottle. I keep stikin them in until no more will fit. When it's that jammed, it's hard to get them out. They are also recaped. Then I just screw the lid on and throw it in the garbage. I don't use the needles for steroids , but I have to use insulin needles and intramuscular needles on a regular basis.

Not the best thing in the world though. If you want to be safest, just take the needles to the doctor's office or the hospital and drop them in one of the sharps bins, they're all over the place. I've done that and nobody even looks at me twice. It's like normal for them to see people messin with them or something.

bobbo23 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nevaenuf
    I thind a big thick N-Large tub is safer that a flemsy 2-liter bottle.

...and the 2 liter bottle is see through.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    no i hate to say it but re-capping and using laundry soap container or protein jug is the safest if you cant properly dispose of them

animal-inside is offline Senior Member
    I use the protein bucket and i recap.. its hard as fuck to push a needle thru the big protein buckets (the 5 lbs bucket style..)... then i throw them in with a full garbage bag and thro them in the dumpster..

Thread Information