sosomeat is offline New Member

do steriods affect genetic potential when done too soon?

recently i have been getting as much info as possible before starting my first cycle and one thing that i have heard is that a cycle done too early before reaching genetic maturity could prevent u from making natural gains after your cycle is over. i also think that this first cycle could be the only one i do...and would like to make the most out of my use of AS and get great additions in size and strength that i can keep and not loose in a week which would only want me to cycle on again....my question is at 20 or 21 years old are u genetically ready for AS even if u have a few years of training experience and how much truth is there to the idea that AS usage too soon will limit natural growth after the use of AS...thanks for ur input and responses to this post

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    at 21, most likely. Before that, most likely not.

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Your first cycle is your last. Yeah right, I've heard that one...
    It all depends on your body. What are some stats besides age. What are you thinking of doing, what is your diet like, how do you train. Fill us in with some info besides 20 or 21. For some people they may have reached their genetic potential, for others maybe not. Scottie Pippen grew 6 inches his first year of college...

im 5 7 or 8 200lbs pretty lean...less than 15%bf DEF
    45inch chest
    17in biceps
    32in waist..pretty clean diet and train hard

Testify is offline Senior Member
    If you think you may grow a little more, or hope to, then I would put your cycle off for another year or two. AAS can cause premature closure of your growth plates. AR will still be here when you are ready.

T

thanks for the replies..btw another reason i have reservations is because i put on almost all my size in a 1yr span...went from 13 or 14 inch bis at most to 17 in a year span and this is tru with my other measurements as well...and this was all natural..if i can continue to make gains like this in the next couple of years i would like to remain natural or only cycle on if it wont affect my growth post cycle

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by sosomeat
    thanks for the replies..btw another reason i have reservations is because i put on almost all my size in a 1yr span...went from 13 or 14 inch bis at most to 17 in a year span and this is tru with my other measurements as well...and this was all natural..if i can continue to make gains like this in the next couple of years i would like to remain natural or only cycle on if it wont affect my growth post cycle
    Don't start juicing if your making those kind of gains, save it for when your not making those kind of gains

JohnnyB

Thread Information