WallyGator is offline Junior Member

Theory i came up with

What do you guys think about the following theory...

If one happen to be a hardgainer, needs to meet a huge calorie intake just to maintain his usual weight.

What if he takes T3 ED to slow down his metabolism so he would need less calories to achieve anabolism?

Iīll explain the specifics behind it - Our bodies produce more or less 25 mcg of triiodotyronine (T3) daily, some of it is converted levothyroxine (T4).

Hardgainers are either more sensitive to T3 within its receptors or converts more T3 from T4 on the liver.

Ok, now what if we halted our thyroid natural output with 25 mcg exogenous T3 - first phase, just to suppress thyroid gland. Then, on a second phase, we start to use only 12,5 mcg daily.

One would end up with a supressed thyroid and relying on 12,5 mcg daily to support his metabolism, thus lowering basal caloric needs allowing more calories to be used for anabolism.

We all know how much T3 is catabolic, despite increasing protein synthesis.

Maybe hardgainers are impaired with hi-thyroid hormone output plus high sensivity to it.

No flames please, i am just wondering. I am not a hardgainer myself, and i use T3 for fat loss only, but i noticed that after having my thyroid gland supressed (been as high as 75 mcg, still growing with that dosage and eq/test) and supporting it with only 12,5 mcg when tapering down, experienced greater growth.

Everyone always say that T3 is catabolic, i agree, so i was just wondering if some hardgainer could benefit from lowering his net T3 using exogenous T3.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    One would end up with a supressed thyroid and relying on 12,5 mcg daily to support his metabolism, thus lowering basal caloric needs allowing more calories to be used for anabolism.
    A smaller dose is used for hyperthyroidism of T4 to slow metabolism just as a higher dose is used to treat hypothyroidism. I believe I posted the mcg/kg*bw doses before for T4 out of my PDR.

12.5mcg should do it of T3 though.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    So...taking T3 will slow my metabolism?

iKNOW is offline New Member
    Sorry, the theory sounds ridiculous - you will gain fat but not muscle. Your body becomes less effective in utilizing (metabolizing) energy (food intake) - your workouts will suck and there will be no anabolism here; catabolism perhaps and increase in adypocities.

'So...taking T3 will slow my metabolism?'
    what he means is that once the administration of exogenous T3 is halted your thyroid gland will be slightly desensitized, thus producing less triiodethyronine (T3) - this is how the slowdown of metabolism is manifested.

It is worth noting that a lot of fellas are using T3 while bulking @ dosages of 12.5-25mcg's reason being is that T3 does not only determine metabolic rate, but it is also essential in protein assimilation and synthesis (more synthesized=more muscle growth=more efficient utilization of protein)

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    yeah, I knew he was saying that my body would be getting less T3 thus slowing my metabolism...just never heard of it, interesting seeing as I have a skyrocket metabolism

Why does it sound rediculous? I donīt have the fastest metabolism in the world, and with my thyroid suppressed plus exeogenous 12,5 mcg i donīt gain fat if i eat clean, why should one gain fat if you donīt eat too much carbs per meal or fat with carbs?

Reason behind it all is that i figured, not on purpose though, that i still gain weight on 75 mcg, and even more at 12,5 mcg, the only difference is that i gain in a slower pace on 75 mcg of T3.

Maybe this is valid for dudes with similar bodies/metabolism, i am classic meso/endomorphic, gain weight pretty easily (muscle AND FAT) so i always have to watch what it eat.

Anyway, i still think that one would not gain fat with a supressed thyroid and administering 12,5 mcg T3 ED. I have put a classic ectomorphic friend of mine on that approach and iīll let you guys know how it works out.

Being that he is skinny, i donīt see where it would not be ok even if he gained some fat along with more muscle he would put with his usual caloric needs being met.

He can always shed this fat later and keep the muscle with proper diet and exercice, damn, if i gain fat easily and i can shed it later why canīt someone who will have an easier time doing that?

And remember 12,5 mcg T3 is enough to exert nutrient partioning and protein synthesis to promote muscular anabolism. Oxandrolone and Trenbolone are known for lowering thyroid output by half, and they are well known for their cutting properties. How come?

Maybe the most valuous lesson i have learned reading boards and listening to different opinions is that each one reacts sometimes 100% different than others on the same drugs/diet/exercice regimen.

I am here to give you guys my experience on this drug that is known for its power to either screw you or help your progress bigtime. And in my case, my thyroid gland has always bounced back full throttle after a T3 cycle and several endocrynologist doctors told me they have never seen someone getting their thyroid halted forever by taking T3. Some wrong diagnosis put people on T4/T3 for years and their thyroid bounced back in eight weeks after stopping administration. Besides, T4 is much worse when it comes to thyroid function halting as it is the main hormone produced and sensed by the body to control thyroid feedback mechanism.

I have been as high as 12 weeks taking T3, tapering up and down, starting high and tapering down, 12,5 mcg all the time. I have tried pretty much everything when it comes to T3. We have fairly easy access to pharmacy grade T3 for U$ 3,00 a box with 50 tabs of 50 mcg T3 (believe me, 3 bucks for the whole box on the pharmacy).

Too bad the government shut the lab that manufactured it due to other drug causing problems with old people (some screwed batch killed nine old men) so now we have to manipulate T3 on custom labs now. It still costs as low as U$ 5,00 bucks (R$ 15,00 in our money).
    Last edited by WallyGator; 10-07-2003 at 09:46 AM.

I would like to hear from people that actually have taken T3.

I can smell nerd experts sitting on their chairs saying T3 is the "devil drug" and relying on someoneīs experience to debate any theories.

Not to say you are one , iKNOW, just let me know have you ever taken T3? Tell me your experience on that drug. I appreciate the information exchange, will lead us both higher on our better body endeavour!

Thanks a lot!

Thread Information