Thread: bloodwork

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member

bloodwork

How much should I expect to pay a doc to check my test levels, estrogen levels, and get a lipid profile done?

The problem is I don't have medical insurance right now...so an expensive doctor bill means less money towards my upcoming cycle

Obviousily this won't be an issue when I start a full-time job in the Spring but for now my options are pretty limited. Any help is appreciated.

~US~

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    I was thinkin 375 was the bill for my last one before the insurance got to it. I think it went through Quest Labs or Quest Diagnostics...not sure, something like that though.

thanks for the quick response B2, now since there is no way I'm trading up var tabs for a 375 doc bill my next question is...

is there another alternative to getting bloodwork done as a pre-cycle precautionary checkup???

375...jesus!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter North
    Damn Billy your taking it in the tailpipe from your doc.
    Lol And thats why B2 paid $375? I now realize I should of said "bloodwork only." I forgot B2 might reply

~US~

KeyMastur is offline VET
    http://www.questdiagnostics.com/

is the lab that did my blood work.

they have all sorts of stuff on there.

also check out http://www.heartcenteronline.com/myh...home/index.cfm for some good stuff

Thanks Key, good stuff.

~US~

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    LOL..I didnt pay for that shit, my insurance did lol. I payed $10. I had a complete panel though, not just lipids.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Usually the CBC (red / white blood cell), Lipid Panel (fats), Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (vitamins / minerals) are covered by insurance. Just pay the $ 10 doctors fee.

Grant is offline Member
    I don't think he has insurance though....I just posted about not having insurance earlier, anyway, I pay 90 for bloodwork on the items you mentioned, don't skip around that, it is important to get that checked out

Grant-

Yeah I just finished looking into the health services offered through my school and a BCC, Total Lipids, and HCG test is going to run me about $100. The $100 cost also includes the visitation fee.

I will call tomorrow to ask if they can check my test levels. Is there a proper name for this test, so I don't sound like an idiot?
    Thanks,

~US~
    Last edited by usualsuspect; 10-06-2003 at 10:26 PM.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    I will call tomorrow to ask if they can check my test levels. Is there a proper name for this test?
    it was realityarts who gave this info :

I generally request that my doc writes on the lab order that I need test# 30741 (CPT code) - otherwise they generally only check "total testosterone ."

30741 (TESTOSTERONE, FREE, BIOAVAILABLE AND TOTAL)
    Test includes:

Testosterone, Total
    Testosterone, Free
    Testosterone, Bioavailable (Free + Weakly Bound)
    SHBG
    Albumin

Grant is offline Member
    yeah...what he said. lol

Key-

Its a free testosterone and estradiol tests I think your referring to. Both are needed to make sure too much testosterone is not being converted into estradiol (estrogen). If estrogen levels are too high, the use of aromatase inhibitors can keep testosterone from converting (aromatizing) into estrogen in the body.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Key-

Its a free testosterone and estradiol tests I think your referring to. Both are needed to make sure too much testosterone is not being converted into estradiol (estrogen). If estrogen levels are too high, the use of aromatase inhibitors can keep testosterone from converting (aromatizing) into estrogen in the body.
    ok. sure i was just passin the info that reality posted in one of my threads.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    ok. sure i was just passin the info that reality posted in one of my threads.
    Key-you bastard, you edited your post...You wrote before that you were not sure what the test was called and you forgot who gave you the info. I looked it up and posted it...before you went back and edited your post. making me look foolish brutha hehe.

You and your special mod powers!

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Key-you bastard, you edited your post...You wrote before that you were not sure what the test was called and you forgot who gave you the info. I looked it up and posted it...before you went back and edited your post. making me look foolish brutha hehe.

You and your special mod powers!
    I'm sorry, I don't know what you're talking about

I don't have mod-like powers. I'm just quick like that at finding what I need to know.

Thread Information