Taejoon is offline Associate Member

Damage to LH receptors...

Been doing a lot of reading on the HPTA, wondering if anyone knows exactly how much HCG it would take to cause significant and damaging downregulation of the LH receptors? Getting ready to run a 16 week cycle of Test and EQ in a month, my nuts shutdown pretty bad on my last 10 week cycle of Test and Fina. I would like to prevent the testicular atrophy I experienced last time from occurring this time around. I like the idea of running HCG every weekend at a low dose (500-1000i.u.'s) throughout the cycle, but I'm still undecided on whether or not this dosing regimen will cause permanent damage to my LH receptors. I've also thought about running higher doses mid and post cycle, but the once-a-week scheme seems to make a little more sense to me. I know this subject has been beat to death, but no matter how many searches I do, I'm still unable to ascertain which method is the "safer" and more "effective" one. As always, all input is appreciated.

Peace

-Taejoon

jersey juice is offline Member
    IMO and from what I've done was use it in the middle of your cycle and then I use it right after I do my last shot so it clears the system around the same time as the test. That way your body should be ready and primed for PCT. I have also used clomid eod or e2d throughout my cycle and not really had much atrophy.

Did you experience any kind of an increase in gyno while running it in the middle?

Peace

-Taejoon

NoLimits is offline Member
    I didn't experince any gyno... but knock on wood, that hasn't been an issue with past cycles! I will say that running it in the middle is like a boost to your cycle. For me anyways. I have tried it both ways and to be honest, other then the boost effect, I didn't see any differences.

That's interesting, keep it coming...

Peace

-Taejoon

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Maybe you meant damage to your Leydig cells. My own rule of thumb, never over 1000ius per 24hrs. Never more than 3wks consecutive use.

So I take it your saying that doing HCG every weekend for the entirety your cycle would not be a good idea? i.e. This could do possible damage to someone's Leydig cells, correct?

Peace

-Taejoon

I take it then that you subscribe to using HCG in the middle of and at the end of a long cycle?

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    No I mean not consecutive on a daily basis. I think doing like 500ius every sat and sun would be fine. I dont think its nessicary, so I personally would go EOW Sat/Sun.

I meant doign 2500ius for 7 days, or 5000ius day 1, 2500 day 3, 1000 day 5, or like 1000ius for 60 days would all be examples of what I would NOT do.

Ive yet to find document proof of desensitation, so maybe not. But the methods I use work great anyways, so why even chance it ya know. Thats my take on it.

Thread Information