Thread: Acne

Terminator1 is offline Associate Member

Acne

My Derm wrote me a prescription for a body wash for acne. When I went to get it filled my insurance copay was 40.00. I didnt get it because I didnt really have the $ at the time and I thought 40.00 was a little high for soap. I was thinking about going ahead ahead and getting it but I was wondering if any one else has tried to use doctor prescribed body wash before I waste my $?

xtremesport14 is offline Associate Member
    never used a Dr prescribed one before. Neutrogena is fine. I am using that with benzo cream and an antibacterial script and results are good.

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    I use neutrogena body scrub 2x a day and it works fine. One of my friends, who is pron to acne, used some stuff that has two parts to it, a scrub and a cream, and has good results with it, but I think it is a little more expensive.

Grant is offline Member
    Bro, i think i know the wash he prescribed but i can't think of the name. If it is the same one I'm thinking of, it dries you out pretty good and will not leave a residue which can cause further acne. Neutrogena is good too but as effective as this particular wash. Sorry I couldn't come up with the name.

chevy44 is offline Member
    u live in texas, so i would suggest going to mexico and picking up some acne medicine! you can get retin- a @ $10/ tube, and im sure they'll have that soap ur talking about, i take a trip to mexico every once in a while, and pick up my meds and gear, it saves ALOT of money

TrenFreak3 is offline Associate Member
    how good is retin a? i picked some up from mexico but i dont know much about it yet

TrenFreak3 is offline Associate Member
    bump

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    retin-a is a topical cream. i used for awhile and all it seemed to do was peel off the top layers of my skin. then i got on accutane, problem solved

Justoid is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by asymmetrical1
    retin-a is a topical cream. i used for awhile and all it seemed to do was peel off the top layers of my skin. then i got on accutane, problem solved
    heres a scenario. i dont have acne- never had one and am about to start my first cycle of test e and var. should i take anything during the cycle to prevent any breakout if and when it happens= or wait until i have breakout then do something about it. cheers guys

ps am 21

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Justoid
    heres a scenario. i dont have acne- never had one and am about to start my first cycle of test e and var. should i take anything during the cycle to prevent any breakout if and when it happens= or wait until i have breakout then do something about it. cheers guys

ps am 21
    wait to have the breakout, because you may not even get the breakout. wash with nutrogena soap, see what happens

ectogainer is offline Junior Member
    i've used it all---and i got no results with anything except for accutane--that shit will clear you right up--i've never had a problem since---watch out for depression if you decide to go that route though--it gave me a lot of low points
    The soap (if its the same kind im talking about) -- no good
    Store bought -- helps a little
    Retin A -- kinda works with a lot of peeling and itchyness
    Accutane -- works wonders (depression might be and issue
    I have some stuff to rub on your back, chest, and shoulders that i never used when it was prescribed but im using it now and its amazing--called Brevoxyl-8 -- if you can get it its worth the investment

Thread Information