Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member

A few injection questions

When doing a delt injection, do you go from the bottom up, top down, or just straight in? Or does it just matter that you get inside the muscle.

How far do you aspirate . Do you aspirate until you can see the bubble inside the syringe the whole syring, or just until you can see the bubble start to form towards the bottom where the the needle and syringe connect.

And last, when doing a calf injection do you go in to the outside of the calf or the inside?

Swellin Guest
    Did you take a look at www.spotinjections.com ?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    I go straight in towards the joint. Hopefully you have big enough delts to where it's not going to matter what direction you go with a 5/8"

I have yet to aspirate on any injection - still tickin.

Calf - not sure. Too much of a wimp to go there just yet.

www.spotinjections.com

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    Straight in to the meat as key said...I aspirate till you feel a slight pull...you know what I mean when you do it.

Aragorn

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn
    I aspirate till you feel a slight pull...you know what I mean when you do it.
    What me means, is when you see your rotator cuff actually in the syringe, then you're good to go. Get your lift on after that.

nsashbl is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    What me means, is when you see your rotator cuff actually in the syringe, then you're good to go. Get your lift on after that.
    I did my first delt shot last week. I basically found the spot with the highest muscle in the center of the top of my arm. I used a 3/4x22ga pin. When I aspirate the pull is hard if I'm not in any blood, pulls easy if there's blood. I took about 1.5 - 2 minutes to push 2cc's of Primo. Then went and did some lateral raises to help avoid pain the next day. I only had sorness for less than a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier_4446
    When doing a delt injection, do you go from the bottom up, top down, or just straight in? Or does it just matter that you get inside the muscle.

How far do you aspirate . Do you aspirate until you can see the bubble inside the syringe the whole syring, or just until you can see the bubble start to form towards the bottom where the the needle and syringe connect.

And last, when doing a calf injection do you go in to the outside of the calf or the inside?
    I always go straight in when doing my delt injects. The hard part is learning to aspirate with one hand.

When you aspirate you'll feel a little resistance. Once you see air bubbles your good ta go.

I always injected my calves from the outside. I tried from the inside once, but I had some pain there for a few days.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    With delt injections I go throgh the middle of the delt where it is the biggest. Then when I aspiarte I pull back until I see a few air bubbles.

Calf injections I hit the inside part of the calf where it curves up (again where it is the biggest). You can also hit the outside too. Calf injections hurt me the most out of all the sites...... I think I have more nerves in there or something.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    I did my first delt on sunday and I guess I'm lucky because I have a tat there and it's like having an X to hit the spot. So wit 1" I went in pushed it in. As far as calf..... Even after an explenation from Mud I just don't have the 00's yet to hit them.

SID

Thread Information