UltimateFighter is offline Associate Member

UFC Heavyweight champ just busted with juice in his system

Tim Sylvia = Banned Substance at UFC 44
    10-7-2003 4:54 PM PST

UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia announced today that he had taken a banned substance prior to his title defense against Gan McGee on Sept. 26 in Las Vegas.

"I made a terrible mistake... the biggest mistake of my life," Sylvia said. "I wish I could take it back, but that isn't possible. So, I'm ready to accept the consequences for my actions."

The Nevada State Athletic Commission notified Sylvia of the infraction earlier this week. Sylvia hopes to have a hearing in front of the board on Oct. 15 in Las Vegas.

"After I won the title, I wanted to look better... to have a better physique," Sylvia said. "I have never taken steroids before, so I tried it for a month after the Ricco fight. Now, it's obvious that it was a big mistake."

Sylvia said he will abide by whatever decisions are made by the NSAC and Zuffa.

"I just want to apologize for letting people down... my fans, my teammates, my family, the Nevada State Athletic Commission and the UFC," Sylvia said. "I can't express how disappointed I am in myself right now. I've gotten such great support from so many people... I hope they will stick by me and help me get through this. I want to accept responsibility for what I did, do whatever I have to do to put it behind me, and move on with my career."

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    I didn't know fighters juiced. bdtr and Ironfist is this true?

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    Admitting it was a mistake makes you look so bad. Just own up to what you did shit. "You people think juice is bad, at least I ain't snorting coke!!!!"

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Any idea what he took / was caught with ??

I just think it sucks. This isn't baseball, basketball. This is fighting. Who regulates the shit they use? Let them take whatever they want. Let the press feed on the "roid rage " myth and use it when he bashes heads in fights.

True dat. They are just beating the shit out of each other. Why not have roids involved?

I just feel that the media puts too much time and effort into bashing anabolic use instead of the homeless in America, democrat bashing, or war on DRUGS. REAL DRUGS no AS. It's not like dealers are selling juice to kids.

Well I certainly hope not.

I sold some anavar to a kid and told them it was a flinstone vitamin ! j/k of course
    Good read that was out recently
    http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...threadid=22055

I fight and I can tell you most fighters are on gear. Strength never hurts but intimidation plays a big role in it. They did not say what he used but I will post once I hear.

Tayman is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Calipso
    Admitting it was a mistake makes you look so bad. Just own up to what you did shit. "You people think juice is bad, at least I ain't snorting coke!!!!"
    ehh, seems like it makes him look like the bigger man to admit to his "mistake".

He would look like an asshole to the media and commisioners if he acted like there wasn't a problem.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Fighters juice? I wouldn't know anything about that

sharky is offline Associate Member
    if you got to do as to be one of the bad boys then do it. if you dont want to then dont. you may win or you may get your ass kicked. but for god sake dont bitch about people using it in the ring. its a fucking fight.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    "I tried 2 dbol pills for 2 days but nothing happend so i quit..."

Thats what a Swedish sprinter said when >she< got caught
    Very nice, a girl on dbol.

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Fuck the Nevada Athletic Commission...That;s the second heavyweight title holder that they've busted. That's a bunch of crap. Why do you guys think that Kimo, Baroni, Belfort, and many other don't fight in Vegas? Cause they drug test. that's why alot of fighters are going to Pride instead. I fight at the lower levels and I'd say at least 75% of the guys in the 2 gyms where I fight at are on juice...

Grant is offline Member
    He juiced after...that's a poor coverup but they shouldn't be testing in the first place

Bench-n-Squat's is offline Associate Member
    I think that in competitive sports they should have a natural (give tests) league, and a no tests league so that the competion is fair... Like there is in bb

80% of fighters juice imo. Most ever amateur fighter I know does or has.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Almost everyone i train with juices.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayman
    ehh, seems like it makes him look like the bigger man to admit to his "mistake".

He would look like an asshole to the media and commisioners if he acted like there wasn't a problem.
    He'd be one of the first people to stand up for what he did with some pride instead of hanging his head like it was a sin.

Basically it's like this "So what I fucking juice. Who the hell are you to say what I do is wrong or right? How about you get into the ring/octagon with me and then try to tell me it's wrong in there."

This is one of those things that drive me nuts, AS are not a miracle drug. It's not like you can stick the pin in your ass and boom your huge, getting big or whatever your desired physique doesn't come with AS it comes from hard work damnit, AS only help they don't do the work for you. AS are not as big of health risk as heard, they aren't a miracle substance, and finally they don't put you at this fuckin huge advantage in anything, especially fighting.

Whatcha gonna do.............

Winstrol was what was found.

That sucks. Should have been worth a damn like test or anadrol .

Thread Information