Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member

Ouch self injection is worst then having help

Last week I had friend give me a shot and he is medical assistant industry. Well I tried giving myself a glute shot and man, its hard to do self. I shakey handed trying to reach around, I see needle going in and out a little... I can see where self injects can hurt, man I couldhave pierced myself several places, I just did it so I dont know if it will be hurting soon, got 1 CC in and wasted 1/3 to 1/2 CC... I am going to have to have steady handed help from now on.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    the more you do it the more comfortable you get. My hand was shaky the first time. But never after that. Once you realize it doesnt hurt it makes it much better.

Are you darting it in or slowly pushing?

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    the more you do it the more comfortable you get. My hand was shaky the first time. But never after that. Once you realize it doesnt hurt it makes it much better.

Are you darting it in or slowly pushing?
    I am using shanghai test en tonight, in spite of the shakeyness, its been 15 minutes no intense pain, I feel a bump near area and I used a 25 guage needle but damn thats too slow too.... adds to the shakeyness trying to push that damn oil out of the needle... I went slowly and really didnt feel a thing and still dont...
    Last edited by Ntpadude; 10-08-2003 at 12:08 AM.

sharky is offline Associate Member
    you will get used to it. dont worry. imo you should use a 23g needle. little bigger but not bad at all.good luck bro

Quote Originally Posted by sharky
    you will get used to it. dont worry. imo you should use a 23g needle. little bigger but not bad at all.good luck bro
    Yea not comfortable doing that sitting, standing is a disaster, all I could think was needle moving in and out about 1/3 inch with every breath of air, after a certain point I just gave up and pulled the needle what was left in syringe I rubbed under arms in case theres any salvage value in that... neighbor offered to help earlier but dont know why didnt happen, nows its 2 AM and I'm trying to do self... oh well, I was afraid all those movements with needle were cutting new holes chewing up my butt muscle so thats why I gave up before finishing... I was only going to shoot about 1.33 CC tonight and other part mix with deca in couple days... I think the missing 0.33 CC this week wont make difference.

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Damn, I won't let other people give me shots...I'd rather give myself one than let the doctor do it...

steadygaining1 is offline Associate Member
    It is all a mind game, try your quads for practice. Just keep it cool. Hell there are alot of spots that are good for practice quads, calves,bi's,front delt just stick with a 25g. Warm your oil and it will flow a little quicker. Once you get the hang of it you will feal better that you are doing it yourself .SG1

nsashbl is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steadygaining1
    It is all a mind game, try your quads for practice. Just keep it cool. Hell there are alot of spots that are good for practice quads, calves,bi's,front delt just stick with a 25g. Warm your oil and it will flow a little quicker. Once you get the hang of it you will feal better that you are doing it yourself .SG1
    Just relax bro. You know it doesn't hurt. I shake after a while of being in one position for a while, so I found a fix. Try to rest the base of your hand on your body. This helps with my shaking. I am hitting myself for the first time. Started with glutes, did delts for the first time on my last 2 shots. No problem. Just go slow and relax and stop making it something that it isn't.

Good luck....

Quote Originally Posted by nsashbl
    Just relax bro. You know it doesn't hurt. I shake after a while of being in one position for a while, so I found a fix. Try to rest the base of your hand on your body. This helps with my shaking. I am hitting myself for the first time. Started with glutes, did delts for the first time on my last 2 shots. No problem. Just go slow and relax and stop making it something that it isn't.

Good luck....
    I guess it was the awkwardness of reaching around to rear to inject in glute, I feel so dumb wasting that which was left in the syringe. Of the 1 CC that got in, well there is no morning after pain at all, less then what I got on my first 2 shots which were 1.5 CC each. I am clearly handling the stuff just fine and better then the stories on here. I hate to say it but readng the horror stories on here is what made me nervous as hell and chicken out, but on other hand it really was hard as hell to get the stuff thru that needle, I will go to 23 gauge next time, I think I could have got it finished and 100% success with no waste for the same effort I was putting into that 25 gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by steadygaining1
    I'll try the warm oil thing next time and maybe 23 gauge needle... sorry to hijack my own thread and I am only on week #2 but I am maybe being sensative to recongnize changes in my body but I noticed on working out yesterday, man weights that used to be challenging are very clearly easier to lift. Levels that were somewhat difficult was in fact so much easier and lighter feeling to me, it was like lifting a pet rock instead. I am not getting any other anabolic effects yet, no increased pump size of muscle or such, just clearly my strength is improving, in fact so much so I am worried I will outgrow my weights and machines too quickly and have to go join gold's gym down the road to better support my steroid cycle.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    I do mine standing. Right glute right handed, left glute left handed. I am able to aspirate and inject fairly easily. It helps to be infront of a mirror and to see my ass to get into the right place. My flexability sucks so if I can do my own anyone can. Reaching around with the other hand is almost immpossible.

Thread Information